Author Topic: [Creative] Challenge map ideas  (Read 443 times)

TMDefender

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Defender
[Creative] Challenge map ideas
« on: November 28, 2016, 12:27:47 AM »
Need to make some more challenges in my server and I need some challenge ideas if you have any fun cool challenges and would like to make it in my challenge map please message me on Xbox gamer tag is TM Defender.  But need idea's please help
TM Defender
 War,
war never changes

Jim 💎

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Yeet!
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
Re: Challenge map ideas
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 03:00:00 AM »
Freefall
Maze
Parkour
Low gravity parkour
Speed run
Quiz/trivia questions
Arcade

That's all I can come up with on the top of my head but I hope it helps.

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

TMDefender

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Defender
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 08:35:24 AM »
Thank you I'll be sure to add all those in my map thanks
TM Defender
 War,
war never changes

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 05:16:44 PM »
If I were you, I'd avoid using the following :

- Parkour

- Maze's (Unless it's a really good one)

That's it I think..

I'd build some more interesting things instead, such as :

- Sky droppers

- Colour games

- RPG challenges (Collect 100K - this can be done by completing challenges)

Etc..
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • YT: Nefty
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 04:04:40 PM »
I dont how in depth you plan on making this, but i had plans for a literature themed map where each challenge took the form of some sort of famous literature.

A section on Victor Hugo's Les Miserables where you're constantly trying to avoid Javert, Shakespeare's Macbeth where you have to kill the King Duncan, and Beowulf where you, well, go on the same adventure as Beowulf.

All of these would include parkour, sky dive, maze's and such, but i felt adding a story to it made it much more interesting.

+++++

If not, different themes per challenge (Ice,Fire,Fauna etc...) is always a good route to go.

Wanna Make Money Off Of Youtube? Partner With Freedom Today: https://www.freedom.tm/via/NeftyGaming

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Maze/Trivia Builder & Previous Total Miner Tester
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 11:18:27 PM »
In my personal opinion Challenge Maps are on the verge of death. Most of them acquire the same challenges, lore, design, concept, etc. I believe you should fabricate a map that not only defines the word "challenge" like Liam Bradbury did. I would create challenges that are new. Experiment with things because if you use the same challenges and ideas of other maps I promise you it WILL fail. Have some creativity in your maps, show passion, and please take time to make your map different and unique.

《Thank You GK & Mysterio For These Astonishing Signitures!》

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 11:48:45 PM »
If you want to try and do something cool for a challenge map that sticks out from the normal challenge map,try doing something like sonic's strategy course map

his maps doesnt have the usual parkour for codes or the common stuff,where if you were to do something new and unique like he did back in 1.7 1.8,and actually follow through with it and finish it,then i can guarantee that you'll attract alot of people to your map

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 12:59:58 PM »
I made a few interesting puzzles on my YouTube channel, like a push block from Zelda or a mashing X script. My channel is my gamertag if you're interested.