Author Topic:  Star Members increased inbox limit  (Read 1420 times)

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Star Members increased inbox limit
« on: October 19, 2016, 07:35:29 PM »
First off, To get this out of the way, Yes. It is super easy to clear some space in your inbox. However it's not always easy to tell someone that their inbox is full.

The point of the star poster medal is to notify people that that person knows what they are talking about, And that they can be helpful because they understand the forums and the game.

Mods have increased inbox space for the same reason that I am suggesting this. It's so that you can always contact them if you need to.

In the same way, You should always be able to contact a star poster if you need help because that is kmda what they are here for.

Obviously they should not have the same inbox space as mods.

I also understand why PMs are limited in the first place. However considering the fact that if everyone on here had a full inbox, We'd have at least 876000 PMs stored, I don't think that the 2800 extra (If we got 400 PMs) would make much of a difference.

I also don't think that extra space would be wasted seeing as star posters are considered valuable members of the community.

That being said, I would be lying through my teeth if I said that my only reason for wanting this is so that star posters can always be able to be contacted. I do genuinely think this would be a great reason to do this though.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

GoatOnTheMoon

• Supreme Member
  • YT: Nefty
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
Re: Star Members increased inbox limit
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 08:00:46 PM »
I support this. I very rarely ever use my PM's. Let someone who is actually gonna use the space have some extra slots. Take mine Dryym.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 08:18:23 PM »
I support this. I very rarely ever use my PM's. Let someone who is actually gonna use the space have some extra slots. Take mine Dryym.
Take mine too. I dislike PM's. Take all the attention from other members who you can help. I'd GLADLY support it. But seriously take my slots.

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Legendary Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 08:45:21 PM »
How is this going to change the fact that your inbox is still going to get full? Considering you already only delete 1-5 messages whenever someone tells you your inbox is full just means you're prolonging the next wave of "Please clear your inbox" by a few days.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 08:53:42 PM »
How is this going to change the fact that your inbox is still going to get full? Considering you already only delete 1-5 messages whenever someone tells you your inbox is full just means you're prolonging the next wave of "Please clear your inbox" by a few days.
But still take my spaces. Seriously. He's going to get them, right?

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 09:38:12 PM »

I mean, When my inbox is almost full, I delete nearly 150 messages. So considering that of my inbox is delete worthy, This would delay it for quite a long time if you were smart about it.

I'm going to assume the percentage of useful PMs fluctuates between different people, But this would make it take a LOT longer for it to fill up, And the amount of time between deleting PMs and filling up again would be greatly increased.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 01:53:22 AM »
Equally though,

It would be absolutely horrific to have to clear out 400 Pm's..

Imagine having to dedicate atleast 10-15 minutes clicking the same buttons, just so that someone can PM you?

I have enough trouble clearing out my own non-special inbox.

Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 12:10:33 PM »
You people and pm space but you guys got a meter to know what your space is. :) But anyway my personal opinion is why limit it to star posters. I think it should be members Bob thinks been here long enough and pretty well known. So they may need a bit more space. Not all known contacted members have star poster.

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 12:28:42 PM »
You people and pm space but you guys got a meter to know what your space is. :) But anyway my personal opinion is why limit it to star posters. I think it should be members Bob thinks been here long enough and pretty well known. So they may need a bit more space. Not all known contacted members have star poster.

I was originally planning it to be 1-2K + 2 Year members, But that seems a bit iffy. Especially since some of them don't have 1K posts.

Star poster is easier to give reason to.

PWR gave the idea that if you just ask bob nicely, He could decide whether or not you are worth the space. But that also seems iffy.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 12:32:56 PM »

I was originally planning it to be 1-2K + 2 Year members, But that seems a bit iffy. Especially since some of them don't have 1K posts.

PWR gave the idea that if you just ask bob nicely, He could decide whether or not you are worth the space. But that also seems iffy.
maybe it could be like star poster bib chooses who can get the inbox or not. And he just will randomly ask the person do you want more space if they do then you get more space.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 12:48:10 PM »

maybe it could be like star poster bib chooses who can get the inbox or not. And he just will randomly ask the person do you want more space if they do then you get more space.

That seems arbitrary and unstructured though. I don't really like that idea.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 01:20:01 PM »

I mean, whose to even say that a Star Poster is helpful when it comes to interacting with individuals? And whose to say that people who haven't earned the reward wouldn't be? Or what if someone might need the inbox space for another reason?

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 01:49:51 PM »

I mean, whose to even say that a Star Poster is helpful when it comes to interacting with individuals? And whose to say that people who haven't earned the reward wouldn't be? Or what if someone might need the inbox space for another reason?

I wasn't against other people having more inbox space, It's just that his suggested method of passing it down seems arbitrary and without any good reason.

Someone could just choose to give their space to someone else due to personal bias rather than any real worthiness.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 01:56:17 PM »

I wasn't against other people having more inbox space, It's just that his suggested method of passing it down seems arbitrary and without any good reason.

Someone could just choose to give their space to someone else due to personal bias rather than any real worthiness.
That was not what I said. I mean have it like Bob chooses who gets it like star poster is. You can't have other people get it Bob chooses everyone that gets it. But before he gives it he ask the member if they want more space just in case they don't want more space.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 03:40:54 PM »
Having the forum moderator pick individuals based on a loose set of qualifications doesn't seem all that arbitrary to me.

I just think that too restrictive qualifications (such as the one suggested in the OP) and no qualifications at all are the ways in which this wouldn't work very well.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ