Author Topic:  Who's Chatting  (Read 1268 times)

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
Re: Who's Chatting
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2016, 08:53:31 AM »
I don't understand why you'd not want people to know you're online..? There isn't much harm in it :P

Because I like the feeling I get by knowing people cannot see my name at the bottom of the forum page.

Lol, that slight satisfaction :P

Anyway, back on topic now please :P
everything has been said. There's no need just view who's online. The hidden obviously don't want you knowing what there doing. And it takes ten extra seconds to go to bottom and view chatting. No sense to look through the code of the mod to fix something one person request and will never be used. I will still just use the who's online. As I don't go in the shoutbox much. and everytime I do I can find out who's chatting in secs as chances are they are chatting and will continue until they disappear or say there leaving. It's useless to fix. My opinion.

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded to exemplary forum members Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2016, 10:05:54 AM »
I never even knew the feature existed... And I would not be bothered to use it. No point in even arguing against it though, it doesn't effect me whether it is fixed or not. If it helps one person, it is however still an improvement; Although minor to say the least.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2016, 10:43:23 AM »
Maybe there is an easier solution, than fixing code...

Perhaps the plugin just needs to be updated..?
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 02:29:04 PM »
Maybe there is an easier solution, than fixing code...

Perhaps the plugin just needs to be updated..?

There is updates available for the forum itself so it's possible there's also updates for the shoutbox.

I'm all for keeping things up to date just as long as it doesn't break existing features. Such as keeping hidden users hidden.

But I am curious why this is such a big deal for you? Why can't you just view the bottom of the homepage to see who's online? Aswell as the fact that if anyone is chatting and wants to be seen then they will have already said something. You'll see there name in the shoutbox.

Along with your topics about Anonymous & liking shouts you're beginning to give the impression your spamming the forum with useless and stupid topics again.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2016, 02:53:07 PM »
I do not see myself as a spammer. Yes, i may post alot but i do not see my posts as useless. All threads i make are for the benefit of myself ( no offence .) This means that i recieve knowledge from the thread. From the anonymous topic, i learnt that the "war" probably won't happen. The liking shouts thread was a genuine idea, i have learnt from that thread that my ideas are bad XD.

The way i see it is if you are a spammer, you're post's are similar to this :

Hehe ushebwiqoalpadg

A frequent poster, however, create actual threads or posts.

I consider myself the latter. But if my frequent posting on a forum which was made for posting affects all of you then my bad.

Back on topic, i think that updates for the forum is a good idea, and agree that it should be done ONLY if it doesn't break anything that we have now.
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2016, 05:54:41 PM »
Spammer I've got to say crab. Lately you have been spamming crazy amounts. If there is one thing to learn its give your post a break. Post count is a number not a life expectancy. I learned that a few months ago as I use to majorly spam like you currently are. Now I really could care less about the post count. And yes everyone else I am finally admitting to the spam. It took a lot for me to realise that. And I apologize for doing so. And also thank all of you who stuck by me and help me slowly realise it. But crab post that only benefit you should not even be posted. No one cares unless it benefits us as whole. Only post I see neccicary for only benefiting you. Is your world post. But those can still benefit us as whole. So I suggest sticking to putting a little more time into  your post before you post it. Answer maybe a few questions to your self. IE.

Is this post really logical.

Or if you can't think of that. Maybe pm or ask a few forum members would you think this can be beneficial. Members are not mean to steal the idea. Just ask people you trust. And ask for there opinion. I personally do that sometimes. Even multiple opinions are even better. Something so you don't come out as the guy with terrible ideas/post. I'm going to be 100% honest I was almost to the point of ignoreing your post. As well as other members could of to. Just try to take a few steps before you post. Because sometimes things that are amazing that moment. Don't end up so amazing in the end. Again I mean no hard feelings just saying something you needed to hear.

As for the forums being updated. It is up to date. Aside from a beta of a update Bob probably does Not want to do. SMF is taking a long time to make the 2.1 update it has been over a year now.

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2016, 06:06:15 PM »
As for the forums being updated. It is up to date. Aside from a beta of a update Bob probably does Not want to do. SMF is taking a long time to make the 2.1 update it has been over a year now.

Not that it makes much difference but the latest version is 2.0.12. We're using 2.0.11

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2016, 06:29:40 PM »
Spammer I've got to say crab. Lately you have been spamming crazy amounts.
I just checked his last 3 days of posts and I'm not seeing any problematic spam.