Author Topic:  No prefix selected  (Read 334 times)

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
No prefix selected
« on: September 20, 2016, 11:41:40 AM »
It is not possible to select no prefix for a topic.

http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=18021.msg186965#new

This topic does not really fit with the scripts prefix since it doesn't actually show off a script. No prefix at all would be better here.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
Re: No prefix selected
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 03:38:18 PM »
I wouldn't really say that's a bug. In this case, the topic was discussing something done with scripts, therefore it would be tagged with the scripts tag. Just because the topic isn't showing off a script doesn't mean it isn't related to scripts. In my opinion, now that we have tags for that section, if something doesn't fit in with one of the tags, then either we're missing a tag, or it probably doesn't belong in that section.

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: No prefix selected
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 08:50:25 PM »
I have the no prefix option turned off on purpose. Like GK said it should encompass discussion and finished script sharing, otherwise we'd need a discussion/finished sharing option for most of the individual tags, which would just end up being a big confusing mess for people (new members particularly). Though I'm not opposed to adding new tags as the need arises, or something like an [Other] tag for things that just don't quite fit in to one of the existing categories.