Author Topic: [TV] Gotham (Television Series)  (Read 381 times)

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
[TV] Gotham (Television Series)
« on: September 05, 2016, 11:45:06 PM »
GOTHAM

Synopsis:

Gotham is an American crime television series developed by Bruno Heller, based on characters published by DC Comics and appearing in the Batman franchise, primarily those of James Gordon and Bruce Wayne. The series stars Ben McKenzie as the young Gordon, while Heller executive produces along with Danny Cannon who also directed the pilot.

Originally the series would have related Gordon's early days on the Gotham City Police Department, but the series subsequently included the Wayne character and the origin stories of several Batman villains, including the Penguin, the Riddler, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Two-Face, the Scarecrow, Mr. Freeze, and Hugo Strange.

Gotham premiered on Fox on September 22, 2014. In March 2016, the series was renewed for a third season that is set to premiere on September 19, 2016. In exactly 2 weeks from today.

Discussion

Anyone else watch the show? I watched it on a whim through Netflix. Before I knew it, I was buying Season 2 on Amazon Instant Video, and DVR-ing the upcoming 3rd season. I personally LOVE what they did with the show. It literally captures the corruption of Gotham, it shows the beginnings of everything in Batman's era. And they barely change up any designs on Villain's. Which is a welcome relief to the jokes that are comic book inspired films lately. Loving it so far.

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gotham (Television Series)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 02:35:06 AM »
I haven't watched the Gotham series, but have watched batman! I'm gonna have to take a look at Gotham,  it sounds really interesting :D
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 02:50:19 AM »
I haven't watched the Gotham series, but have watched batman! I'm gonna have to take a look at Gotham,  it sounds really interesting :D
When you do watch it, remember it is based before Batman becomes Batman. Bruce is a teenager here. The show starts with what happened to him and his parents. After that you see new villains (familiar and unfamiliar) spawn forth. :D It's a wonderful show. Definitely grade A stuff.

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 10:37:36 PM »
Its a great show. It ties in all the characters really well. I'm not too into superheroes, but this feels like a crime show (like limitless or dexter)

Also, the actor for the penguin is the perfect fit

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 10:53:27 PM »
Agreed. I like that it shows a time before Batman in Gotham. It captures the corruption and misdeeds of the cops as well as the early villains. Pretty excited the show is coming back for Season 3. From what I understand though, we won't be seeing Batman don the entire suit until the very last episode of the entire series. Which, at first I thought would suck. But, now that I look at it, I don't mind. I like this slow progression into Bruce's adulthood as we also watch the villains rise as well. And yes, the actor whom plays Oswald Cobblepot is brilliant for the role. I'm more interested in what Hugo Strange will do now. Not to give any spoilers away, just VERY curious.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 11:38:53 PM »
Holy crap.
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
The madhatter is going further down the rabbit hole. He stole ALICES BODY AND DRAINED HER BLOOD!? Not to mention, I think the Penguin will do something to spoil Ed's new found love life. Jim Gordon...I feel so bad for that man. Not sure if he's a cop or not, acts like a cop regardless, no love life, slowly hitting past rock bottom. Dude's really losing it. The Captain might end up dying like the last too! That blood that dropped in his eye might do him in. I already figure things with Selina may not go as planned with Bruce. They've always had a tumultuous relationship in the comics.