Author Topic: [Sharing] public particle component pack  (Read 9953 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
[Sharing] Re: public particle compoment pack v1
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2016, 02:59:02 AM »
My mistake, I forgot rotation is continuous. Regarding how many tracks can be put down, I guess you could always use the proximity value to enable tracks across the whole map.

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: public particle compoment pack v1
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2016, 05:54:41 AM »

sorry for particles not popping up fast enough...i could probably improve the proximity settings,or i might redo the tracks to have less emitters being used

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2016, 12:57:44 AM »
my goal for the train railroad ties is to have 4 sets useable

• the 1st set,that i have done now,where i might do 2 or 3 more variants of track(maybe not)
  • a 2nd set that has less details in them,but so players can use more on the map
  • a 3rd set that would have the most details,but would use more emitters...so these would be for those who wouldnt use as many tracks on their map
  • i might do a bigger set...idk how ima go quality wise,but this set would probably be more ideal for using actual trains on your map,where the 1st set was more ideal for people who wanted to add minecarts/wanted tracks

it'll take longer than i was planning on spending on ties,but atleast i could offer multiple options for people to use depending on their situation
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 01:42:23 AM by .ok »

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2016, 10:12:57 AM »
Have you considered the possibility of switching from particle emitters to proximity blocks with looping scripts attached?

The benefit here is that they could be infinitely more space efficient, And if you wanted, You could work in easy rotation using vars.

I honestly don't think it would be that much harder than the particle interface is now.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Palladeonix

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ReaperZz176
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2016, 03:31:28 PM »
This is impressive! I presume it involves a lot of trial and error?

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2016, 01:31:23 AM »
I presume it involves a lot of trial and error?
As far as how?

Have you considered the possibility of switching from particle emitters to proximity blocks with looping scripts attached?

The benefit here is that they could be infinitely more space efficient, And if you wanted, You could work in easy rotation using vars.

I honestly don't think it would be that much harder than the particle interface is now.
I did think about trying scripts,where I think there was a bug or 2  that made it hard to actually script them

I forget the reasons why I didn't want to where I'll post them when I remember them,but 2 of the problems were knowing  where the particle would go,and then the biggest thing from preventing me from doing it is that you can't share scripts out easily

I'll try a test on one and see how it goes,but idk what I'm going to do via the xyz coordinates,especially being its based off of 1 block and not multiple

Also what do you mean by rotation by vars..give me an example
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 02:37:37 AM by .ok »

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2016, 05:29:20 AM »
made a quick coat hanger

might try different ones like these as well

Jim 🔮

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2016, 06:16:48 AM »
You should make one of the ones that stand up (I think they're called hat stands)

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2016, 06:21:50 AM »
You should make one of the ones that stand up (I think they're called hat stands)
That was one of the early on ideas given to me by casual onion I think

I'll get to eventually.depending on how it goes I might add a hat or 2 but I'm kinda limited on hat design

Jim 🔮

• Jr. Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • 🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners I shot the sherriff 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2016, 06:35:10 AM »
That was one of the early on ideas given to me by casual onion I thinkI'll get to eventually.depending on how it goes I might add a hat or 2 but I'm kinda limited on hat design

Oh right I didn't realise it was already suggested.. Anyways what are you currently working on at the moment??

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

/harry        /snail         /waynesworld

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2016, 12:41:07 AM »
That was one of the early on ideas given to me by casual onion I thinkI'll get to eventually.depending on how it goes I might add a hat or 2 but I'm kinda limited on hat design

Oh right I didn't realise it was already suggested.. Anyways what are you currently working on at the moment??
tbh idk what items I do in order

For the most part it's random lol;or I just look through the list to do and then depending on the amount of time I have to work on something I based it off of that,where I don't wanna do something hard when I have 1-3 hours to spare,where if it's gonna take me a while to do the item then I usually wait on doing it until a day I have off from work or the weekend

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2016, 04:39:38 AM »
Made a quick wall vent

Probably could've used less emitters,but I couldn't figure out how to make the lines even in the center,so i tried my best
plus I wanted to have it look like there was actually a steel grating/fence look and not have a flat feel.it might of used a few more emitters but it was worth it

I was going to try and do one more item but I ran out of time

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2016, 03:33:10 AM »

I got the sims just now so ima be using the sims and maybe some of the dlc for some ideas...and based off of what i remember the sims being like,im sure it's def going to come in handy with alot of interior items for houses,which will help alot

ill post more info on what i find later today

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2016, 01:58:20 AM »
made a picnic table

might add some different styles or colors to choose from

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2016, 02:49:34 AM »
have a bunch to add to the particle pack today
big thanks to tate for donating some of his particles to the pack

My particles:

grill
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

i wanted to do the coals better or add more,but i only had 4 emitter spots left i couldve added before i hit 50 and i wanted to keep it below 50 emitters.I have a cool idea for a script that i wanna do with the grill later that i'll post later after its done,but i added some smoke to the coals

flies

Crazytater' particles

bonfire/camp fire

2 different anvils

youtube logo

lamp post

quest markers