Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic: [RPG] Huttondale Modern Economy Map  (Read 24661 times)

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • I sometimes eat onions.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Xbox: casual onion
  • Steam: casual onion
Re: Huttondale Modern Economy Map
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2019, 06:53:11 PM »
It's crazy how far this map has gone, almost 3 years, That is crazy and I think one of your longest maps. any news on the automatic house selling system?

It's crazy how big this maps got. I remember when I used to give up on maps after a few months so it's practically a miracle that we've got this far to be honest. We're coming up on 1,000 days since the map was started very very soon.

Nothing yet on the house front as I've noticed a bug with the current house scripts which is a bit of a pain at the moment.

Big up all the fans and those who have supported Huttondale over the years. Let's make it even better, together :D

| Thanks for reading my post. It was great, wasn't it? |

| I build Economy RPG Maps, here i my current one. Hazzah! |

| Feel Free to send me a message on here on the TM Discord (casual onion#3563) |

| Enjoy the next post! |

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Circle cat113
« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2019, 01:37:08 AM »
I mean, you have time to make the script.

casual onion

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2019, 09:46:49 AM »
I mean, you have time to make the script.

I know but I have other ideas that I'm prioritising like actually finishing the JG scripts. Also I can't do any house scripts until the bug is fixed.

Hence why I'm building loads of stuff.

| Feel Free to send me a message on here on the TM Discord (casual onion#3563) |

| Enjoy the next post! |

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 10, 2019, 02:56:58 PM »
What is the bug? Yeah you still have a long time so you can build, upgrade buildings, e.c.t

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2019, 03:22:17 AM »
i agree make a stock market, shouldnt be too hard, if you want that full economy feel, also another suggestion, add player owned shops, you can possibly do this with scripts but maybe mods, have a menu, they type in the item, price, and put it up for sale, its connected to a chest so they stock it up themselves

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2019, 12:39:55 PM »
i agree make a stock market, shouldnt be too hard
It's harder than you think, how would you calculate stock price and assure that it isnt to op?

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2019, 05:13:40 AM »
you add a random var that only adds or subtracts by like .1%-1% every so often so its a very slow process and not that leniant but still works

casual onion

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2019, 10:30:51 AM »
What is the bug? Yeah you still have a long time so you can build, upgrade buildings, e.c.t

The bug is to do with the block Id's to show which why a sign or button etc faces. Normally it's something like 38 but for some reason it's now in the hundreds. So they're being placed in the wrong place.

i agree make a stock market, shouldnt be too hard, if you want that full economy feel, also another suggestion, add player owned shops, you can possibly do this with scripts but maybe mods, have a menu, they type in the item, price, and put it up for sale, its connected to a chest so they stock it up themselves

Player owned shops are a thing but it's through item and block shops. It'd be too complex for me to do script based shops. I'm willing to try but don't expect anything, same with stock market and custom priced houses.

It's all too complex for me.

| Enjoy the next post! |

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2019, 04:35:53 PM »
thats understandable, if you ever need any script help im sure i can help out with most stuff

casual onion

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2019, 05:19:09 PM »
Huttondale Monthly Update - March 2019

Howdy Folks!

Well...what a month we've had eh? I'll go into details my plans for Huttondale but first, lets see what i added in March:

Huttondale Additions - March

February 28th: Added two new houses in Acaster (although this was technically in February :D). This now means Acaster is now completely finished!

March 18th - 20th: I added a brand new park in Treeton Bridge which has allotments, a Florist Gump store and stunning views over Jubilee and Wear Bridges.

March 20th: I replaced a house built in 2016 with a snazy modern house in Bridgetown. It's got pretty decent views over lakes and bridges.

March 25th - Present: I've started working on The Cove, a new village just behind Everdale. It'll be similar to Twinlakes and Old Wearside, kind of like a small fishing village.

The Future of Huttondale.

Right then...the important bit. So, what's happening with Huttondale? If you're wondering what I mean by this, please read the link below:

http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=20163.msg200320#new

Without further ado, here is my plan:

April: I plan to continue working on Huttondale. There will be a Monthly Update posted on this topic as normal - most likely in the last week of April. If the forums are closing in May, this will likely be the last.

May: I plan to continue working on Huttondale. If the forums closes, i will post any additions in the #building chat on the official TM Discord server.

June onwards: I cannot guarantee that i will still be working on the map but i will try my best. If you still have a copy of TM and would like to go on any of my maps, at any time, please message me on discord (username is @casual onion#3563). Of course, this is subject to the MP mod still working.

I just wanted to finish off this post by whatever happens in the next couple of months, just know that I am thankful for everyone who has ever joined, asked to join or contributed to Huttondale and any one of my maps. You've not just made my year, but all five that I have spent on this wonderful game.

Thank you. /onion

| Enjoy the next post! |