Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic: [Exploration] Survival Mode Expansion  (Read 408 times)

The Map Cartographer

• Parkour and Adventure map maker
    • View Profile
Survival Mode Expansion
« on: February 04, 2019, 10:28:46 PM »
I created a revamped version of TMs survival mode, it is a experiement to innovate what Survival mode could be like in TM. This map is heavily inspired by the diverse design Terraria and the scary vibe that Minecraft gives.

Biomes and new terrains added
-Lava Caves
-Cassiterite Cave
-Snow cave
-Zombie Caves
- And a s*** ton more stuff I can't keep track of due to game crashes.

Speed and skills unite
Player speed is at 1.200 for faster gameplay and coping with mobs that can gain advantages over the player like Werewolves and Troll Chiefs.

Players can lvl up their skills faster to add a feeling of completion and fun value.

The New Checkpoint System (Experimental)
As the traditional Survival Mode would have, there are only one way to save your location, making zones.

However in this new revamp, you are given scripts to start out with four different optional areas you can freely quick travel to. This will help players

-Survive at night by picking a different location before being overtaken by mobs.
-Helps travel fast and keep the pace going.
-Saves time getting back to the surface.
-A safe house can be built nearby.

Shops

In this New Survival they cannot be mined and can only can be found underground with shopkeepers, selling and buying is all the same, to add familarity to both old school and new players they were left untouched.

Spiders Return
Even though I cannot restore their 1.8 version, the spiders are more frequent in caves and dog pile players adding more destructive power and more hostility to anyone, keeping their spirit as scary as they were in 1.5 or 1.6 I dunno ._.

Simple starter guide for a new audience
The game will automaticality teach the player about Skills, attack, defence and building skills and the newly introduced Quicktravel guide.

Death will be hell on your wallet
You will not lose any of the items or weapons upon death.
Decided to do something different and very punishing to players who think they can go commando. Upon death you will lose 6k of gold you have earned along with my horrible taste in jokes, see what i did there? :)

The Problem
The map does not last long evertime i add something new it crashes and blue screens everywhere, if you download this SAVE ALOT..ALOT........AAAALOOOOOOT.

Ok good luck tell me what you think of this crazy map i created, i broke my back for real making this. Still i want to see survival mode get more attention hope you enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 10:07:42 AM by The Map Cartographer »

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
Re: Survival Mode Expansion
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 11:07:19 PM »
I really like the idea of this, if someone wants to make a playthrough of this I'd be interested in watching :)

The Map Cartographer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 05:18:02 PM »
Update the map freezing has been has been fixed, more will be added to the map.

The Map Cartographer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 01:29:37 PM »
2.0 is now out it adds

-More caves added to the surface.
-Many trees had to be removed due to game crashes.
-Elf Shop added.