Author Topic:  Huttondale Modern RPG  (Read 5080 times)

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • Part time onion, Part time Michael Buble fan
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
Huttondale Modern RPG
« on: July 16, 2016, 07:58:20 PM »
Huttondale
by casual onion

Introduction

Howdy. I started this map at the beginning of July 2016 and I've really enjoyed designing and constructing the map into how it is today. The map compromises of eight villages arranged in and around a valley. Each village is different in terms of styles and amenities.

What do you do on this map?

Well, on the map you can mine, build and explore. Instead of updating my previous map, i decided to make the gameplay better but in a new setting with hills. And with the new scripts coming in 2.44, a vast amount of things can be done such as making goldpieces into Aires by renaming the item. I'm sure i'll also find a use for the new mathematical scripts too. This map will have at least three mines and i'm not a 100% sure on jobs yet but I'll see if i can find a better way to do them.

Photos
by Liam Bradbury

*Adding more - Work in Progress*

Bricklyn Bridge: Spanning the Bricklyn Lake, I constructed this bridge to provide access from Hill Top to Cottonwood. Road access is also provided from Hill Top to Rockford.

Bridgetown and Jubilee Bridge: The house on the end with the black balcony has viewss over literally everything, it's amazing. Just someone please buy it.

Bridgetown Village Centre: The Town Hall is the building in the centre of the image with Just Great lying to the right.

Converted Barn, Near Jubilee Bridge: This is the converted version of Derelict Barn #2 and GOD x DRIVE has done a really nice job. It is up for sale shortly.

Derelict Barn #1:

Derelict Barn #2:

Derelict Barn #3:

Derelict Barn #4:

Derelict Barn #5:

Derelict Barn #6:

Derelict Barn #7:

Derelict Barn #8:

Derelict Barn #9:

Duxford: Duxford lies between Bridgetown and Hutton. It has a bus stop so is easily accesible, it's quite a nice place to live i think.

Enclave: The village square was built by GOD x DRIVE. The size of the houses can be seen in this photo as well as the amazing views which they have. Hutton on the Hill can be seen in the left of the image.

GOD x DRIVE's House, Near Enclave: It's literally huge and no...it isn't for sale. :(

Hill Top: This village is currently under construction and then scripting will commence. The main landmark to note is the large building in the centre which consists of 8 properties under one roof. It took a while to build :)

Hutton on the Hill: The tiny hamlet on the hill. All houses are scripted and range from 11,000 to 55,000 Aires. Duxford can be seen on the right of the image.

Jubilee Bridge and Lake: This bridge was built by GOD x DRIVE with assistance from me for finishing touches. It links Bridgetown with Hill Top.

Lakeside Court, Bridgetown: A rather nice development of five properties starting from 50,000 Aires. They all have stunning views of Jubilee Lakes & Bridge. I'd buy one.

Rockford: A rather small brick built village with houses for sale with lovely views.

The Flower Barn, Treeton: Probably the best house in the map. Because i built, designed and live in it. The garden has waaay to many flowers.

Treeton: This currently includes the Main Mine & the Wood Mine and a few houses, three of which are owned.

View over Bridgetown and Duxford: If you look carefully, you can see a small tower on a hill. It's the cheapest house in Huttondale. It's also sold - sorry.

Properties

The map has a large variety of properties with every one being different to it's neighbour. Whether it be size, shape or design, each one is unique, there's no copy and pasted houses here. Whats more, most are based on real life British houses, something i like doing! The price of each property is based on the volume of it and any extras such as farms. I can guarantee you that houses are much cheaper than in any of my other maps with them starting at only 8,000 Aires. For that price you get a tower on a hill with stunning views over Enclave Lake.

Game Statistics
as of 24.11.2016

Man Hours Played: 1,100
Blocks Cleared: 360,236
Blocks Placed: 330,932
Most Concurrent Players: 12
World Visitors: 667
World Rates: 231
World Rating: 4.2

My Statistics
as of 24.11.2016

Hours Played: 438.4
Blocks Cleared: 102,784
Blocks Placed: 255,182
Distance Flown: 4,267,365
Distance Walked: 644,737

To-do list

Complete Shop Scripts
Complete Property Scripts
General Landscaping

Villages

Bridgetown: This is the main village in the map and has 35 properties in total. Just Great & the Town Hall are both located here as well as the allotments.

Cottonwood: This area is under development and once finished will be a small village. It currently has a JG store for anyone who stumbles upon it.

Duxford: This hamlet lies in the valley between Hutton and Bridgetown. It only consists of just ten properties which are of a relatively large size.

Enclave: This is the most affluent location in the map and has just five properties in total. It lies between Hutton and Rockford.

Hill Top: This village, compromising of 14 properties, lies on top of a hill, hence the name, in the south of the map. It is built mainly out of local brick and shops will also be able to purchased here. It's the least visited village by bus.

Hutton on the Hill: Based on cottages from the North Yorkshire Moors in England, this is the prettiest location in the map and every house is for sale for under 60,000 Aires. There are 7 cottages in total in the village.

Rockford: This area currently compromises of a small mine, which you require Rank Supervisor or 1,000 Aires to enter. It houses blocks from Dacite to Granite.

Treeton: This village currently houses the main mine and is accessed from Bridgetown via the Treeton Bridge. There are 11 houses and numerous apartments.

With Thanks To...

GOD x DRIVE: He has helped me landscape, build and design the map.

Liam Bradbury: Liam took the images shown in this topic.

Conclusion
I hope that you will follow the progress for the new map as i update it. A number of you may want to know what has happened to Barrow. Well, it will still be worked on and hosted, i built this map as i wanted a break from Barrow. The map will continue until October when this one will be publicly hosted. Have a question about the map? Let me know and I'll answer. Please note that the name is subject to change.

The code for the custom menu is 7991.
- casual onion
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 12:44:08 PM by casual turkey »
/onion Inspirational Quotes /onion

casual onion [23|Mar 09:59 PM]:   If you don't succeed, try, try and give up.

PWRBTTN [31|Mar 01:14 AM]:   It's okay, not all of us can be comedy geniuses like Casual Opinion.

Trub's Unisex Holiday Name [12|Nov 07:28 PM]:
You look like Casual Onion.

casual onion

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
Re: Cravendale Modern RPG
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 08:42:31 PM »
Managed to rename the map and I've made a Kik group for it if that's still a thing. I'll get back to scripting when I'm next on it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 08:47:15 PM by casual onion »

PWRBTTN [31|Mar 01:14 AM]:   It's okay, not all of us can be comedy geniuses like Casual Opinion.

casual onion

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 06:03:49 AM »
It's come to my attention the map needs renaming. The current suggestions for names are Clavedale & Huttondale. I'd like something with dale in it as that's the northern term for a valley which the map has. Thoughts?

CB

• I'm Callum!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Enemy Orbz
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 07:30:22 AM »
This looks and sounds like such a great map and i can't wait till its released, i enjoyed your other maps a lot so lets hope this is the same [Looking at the pictures i will enjoy it]
Hi Connor.

casual onion

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 07:33:37 AM »
This looks and sounds like such a great map and i can't wait till its released, i enjoyed your other maps a lot so lets hope this is the same [Looking at the pictures i will enjoy it]

Thanks a lot!  What do you think to the names I suggested?

casual onion

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 11:26:12 AM »
As Cravendale interferes with a popular British milk company, i have renamed the map to Huttondale. I like the name because it combines my favourite build and the word dale. Time to work through my to-do list.

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Maze/Trivia Builder & Previous Total Miner Tester
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
Re: Huttondale Modern RPG
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 02:03:10 PM »
Nice job on the organization of the topic. Your map sounds promising, I wish you luck on it and hopefully I can join sometime in the future.

《Thank You GK & Mysterio For These Astonishing Signitures!》

casual onion

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 02:22:16 PM »
Nice job on the organization of the topic. Your map sounds promising, I wish you luck on it and hopefully I can join sometime in the future.

Thanks a lot Jared. The map is progressing very quickly so you might be able to join quicker than you think :)

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 02:29:08 PM »
You should try adding something new to your buildings. I see these on all of your maps, and they look good, don't get me wrong, but if you always add and change it up every once in a while, you will find that you like them more and more.

casual onion

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2016, 02:55:25 PM »
You should try adding something new to your buildings. I see these on all of your maps, and they look good, don't get me wrong, but if you always add and change it up every once in a while, you will find that you like them more and more.

So your saying you like styles but not the materials?

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 04:51:05 PM »
No, I like seeing new builds, rather than the same ones. Ha, I guess that's why I haven't seen some of my components in years

casual onion

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 04:53:12 PM »
No, I like seeing new builds, rather than the same ones. Ha, I guess that's why I haven't seen some of my components in years

I think I've got a few of your components actually on a very old map. I think i adapted them for use as residential properties. I do see what you mean about my builds being similar though.

casual onion

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2016, 06:12:04 PM »
I've been incredibly productive on this map recently. That's a good thing i think. Today i've added;

> Seven ranks, the same as on Barrow.
> All mine selling scripts (10 in total). The blocks are all under mining level 20 so those with a lower mining level aren't fighting with those wielding diamond pickaxes. The higher value mine will be located in Rockford, a bus journey or long walk away.
> ATM & bank menu scripts are complete, the rest will be done tomorrow.
> Added ATM's at main locations such as villages and certain buildings
> Built more bus stops

Tomorrow's to do list
> Finish bank
> Add HudBars
> Begin bus scripts
> Add wood mine
> Begin Allotments
> More property scripts

This map is coming along nicely :)

casual onion

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2016, 07:44:03 PM »
Howdy folks. Haven't been working on Huttondale much recently but today I got a few things done. Here's this weeks additions.

> Bank fully finished for withdraw and deposit.
> Wood Mine Finished
> Sell All Button added
> More houses scripted
> Began working on JG Scripts
> All 7 Ranks are scripted
> Lottery is scripted

Coming Soon

> Bus scripts
> Allotment Scripts
> Wood selling scripts
> Even more property scripts
> HUDBars

I'm happy with the progress being made though as it's currently just me working on the map.

Ta rah :)

RavenPaw

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Circle cat113
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2016, 05:54:38 AM »
theres a couple things that should be done to your new rpgs because they all seem to be the same but just the layout is different and a couple of addition with my upcoming map scrips wont run my economy the players will you should add guns and a couple of more jobs like a officer job or a theif job officers arrest theifs theifs can pick pocket players but if a cop wrongly accuses someone they get punished or something but you should change things up a bit the buildings don't have to be different but its getting boring just mining in a mine why don't you have it where players can edit outside of the city limits? idk if its just me or what but those are my ideas

#ButterThyStick( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)