Poll

What kind of map you guys would like?

Open world with only quest...
Adventure world where you got to follow a path...
Open world with a main quest line and an economy...
An offline world that we will share so you could play the game without laggs...

Author Topic:  Medieval Project (Need builders/scripters)  (Read 3073 times)

The Sneaky Sort

• I'm here to help others who need it.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: The Sneaky Sort
Re: Medieval Project (Need builders/scripters)
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2016, 03:23:35 AM »
Ok, I think you should do a open world RPG, like Skyrim or Oblivion in a way. Where we can go anywhere and explore ruins, caves, landmarks,  abandoned mines, abandoned houses, haunted locations, forts, citys, dungeons, camps, swamps,  forests,  secrets, ect.
-We can make a few haunted.
-We can make a few underwater/ground
-We can make them themed to a location.
-We can make them scary or beautiful.
-We can make them colorful or dull.
-Ect...

I would like for your project to be unique, as if no one else has done the idea or at the very least did not prefect the idea.

1. A fair level system.
2. Better terrain. ( I never see any good landscapes ever from anyone.)
3. Adapting classes. This is my idea of the class itself builds to a player's gamestyle. Example they like stealth and hide and wait for the perfect moment to strike, their bows and arrows increase in damage and perhaps gain a ability to brew a potion that can be used as a poison to poison melee weapons and arrows. The more they use a certain item, the more benefits they gain from said item. (I already know this will take a while.)

4. If there is going to be magic involved, let me do the particle effects for them, although I'm not a scripter. I will have them made on the particle emitter and let you guys copy it into the scripts.

5. We should make all the quests different in a way. I personally love doing paranormal based quests like helping a ghost captin free from his ship or have a story behind the crew, like the crew killed the captin to steal the loot for themselves, but the treasure had a curse on it that only the captin himself could have removed, and the ship was lost and you must find clues in order to find said ship. Then you receive the valuables it once carried. I see this as a side mission.

6. I don't think any minigames should be involved, it does not seem to fit with RPGS.

7. We should all come up with new buildings and caves that are yet to be seen.

8. These are all just my suggestions, it's your map not mine. ;)

I hope you like my point of view on this project.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2016, 08:33:16 AM »
I would like for your project to be unique, as if no one else has done the idea or at the very least did not prefect the idea.

If you want to be 100%, Or even 85% unique to the other medieval RPGs being made, You're going to have to try a little harder than that.

1. A fair level system.
2. Better terrain. ( I never see any good landscapes ever from anyone.)
3. Adapting classes. This is my idea of the class itself builds to a player's gamestyle. Example they like stealth and hide and wait for the perfect moment to strike, their bows and arrows increase in damage and perhaps gain a ability to brew a potion that can be used as a poison to poison melee weapons and arrows. The more they use a certain item, the more benefits they gain from said item. (I already know this will take a while.)

4. If there is going to be magic involved, let me do the particle effects for them, although I'm not a scripter. I will have them made on the particle emitter and let you guys copy it into the scripts.

5. We should make all the quests different in a way. I personally love doing paranormal based quests like helping a ghost captin free from his ship or have a story behind the crew, like the crew killed the captin to steal the loot for themselves, but the treasure had a curse on it that only the captin himself could have removed, and the ship was lost and you must find clues in order to find said ship. Then you receive the valuables it once carried. I see this as a side mission.

6. I don't think any minigames should be involved, it does not seem to fit with RPGS.

7. We should all come up with new buildings and caves that are yet to be seen.

8. These are all just my suggestions, it's your map not mine. ;)

I hope you like my point of view on this project.

1: Doing it.
2: Swift's done it.
3: We're both doing something likt that, I think.
4: Literally everyone who has made magic has done it.
5: Done it.
6: Define mini games?
7: Doing it.

If you are going to try to focus on only things that nobody has done, Or is already doing, You are going to be stuck on this project for a long time.
Especially I told you everything I have planned for my own map.

If you want my recommendations, Rebuild the game. With the new variables coming out in 2.44, You can basically rebuild any part of the game you like. Provided you are creative enough.

I would suggest you make a system where you require food and water to live, It makes gameplay so much more interesting and immersive.

And to me, The driving force behind an RPG is immersion. Think of how popular the survival mods for the Elder Scrolls series are. Or how popular games like Day Z, 7DtD, And others are. The lead factor to that is immersion. You relate to your character so much more when they share the same needs as you.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

FaRe x SteW

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: FaRe x SteW
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2016, 11:36:23 AM »
New poll added to the topic!

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2016, 12:40:06 PM »

If you are going to have an economy, You had better know what an economy is.

FaRe x SteW

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2016, 01:26:47 PM »
What are you trying to say by knowing what is an economy?

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2016, 02:54:45 PM »

Nobody on this game seems to know.

I actually plan to have a certain amount of gold in circulation, And Iwant to try to make supply and demand be a thing.

I made a post about how a proper TM economy would have to be done, But Ican't find it.

FaRe x SteW

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2016, 03:25:22 PM »

I actually plan to have a certain amount of gold in circulation, And Iwant to try to make supply and demand be a thing.

I made a post about how a proper TM economy would have to be done, But Ican't find it.
Ok but this will include you to calculate the amount of gold you want, the active possesions of the players all include and the passive futur gains... and also players who came into your world and had gold and items and will never come back again (this stock is lost for ever) so, eventually, your economy will crash. (Srry for my bad grammar)

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • Part time onion, Part time Michael Buble fan
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2016, 04:18:20 PM »
Yeah I agree with Fare x Stew. Economy maps for include some elements of supply and demand but you risk over complicating things if fully implemented. Though, I'll try find Dryym's post.
/onion Inspirational Quotes /onion

casual onion [23|Mar 09:59 PM]:   If you don't succeed, try, try and give up.

PWRBTTN [31|Mar 01:14 AM]:   It's okay, not all of us can be comedy geniuses like Casual Opinion.

Trub's Unisex Holiday Name [12|Nov 07:28 PM]:
You look like Casual Onion.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2016, 06:44:43 PM »

Ok but this will include you to calculate the amount of gold you want, the active possesions of the players all include and the passive futur gains... and also players who came into your world and had gold and items and will never come back again (this stock is lost for ever) so, eventually, your economy will crash. (Srry for my bad grammar)

That isn't going to be a problem. When players leave, All of their gold will be returned to the map until they join again. At which point all of their gold is converted from history back into physical GP.

In addition, I can adjust the amount of gold in circulation whenever I choose to combat entropy. It isn't like people never minted new currency when old currency was lost.

All I need to do is regulate the amount of gold in circulation.

It isn't for everyone, But don't label something as an economy if it doesn't remotely resemble an actual economy.

Jectz

• Supreme Member
  • Jectz.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Xtrxmez
  • Steam: Rejectz12
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2016, 01:41:22 AM »
I voted the 3rd option because it appeals to me the most, but i'd still do the 4th option too. I think it'd be fun to have an economy, and quest search with just friends / yourself. Even if you do the 1st or 2nd option i'd share it out still, to please all.
Welcome, come on inside...

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2016, 09:37:16 AM »
Considering Sneaky has been bugging me about this project for the past two days. ;) I thought I would give it a check. Seems like a nice concept. If you guys ever need pics or a recording let me know I am not signing up to build as I suck at midevil (or how ever you spell it.) And I am currently working on a few projects of my own. But if you want a few pics or a recording one of you can hook me up. Or just ask Sneaky  to ask I know he knows how to get me.  :D

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

FaRe x SteW

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2016, 12:42:00 PM »
Considering Sneaky has been bugging me about this project for the past two days. ;) I thought I would give it a check. Seems like a nice concept. If you guys ever need pics or a recording let me know I am not signing up to build as I suck at midevil (or how ever you spell it.) And I am currently working on a few projects of my own. But if you want a few pics or a recording one of you can hook me up. Or just ask Sneaky  to ask I know he knows how to get me.  :D
Perfect, thank you my friend I'll take your name in note! :D

Pringle

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: pringle2009
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2016, 03:48:14 AM »
Hey everyone. Just an update .

The world has been started and there is a mini color coded diagram on the map to help coordinate the effort. I think I speak on behalf of everyone involved when I say more builders are welcome.

To those who have already signed up feel free to come and build to you expertise. Terraforming is needed heavily however with the current diagram buildings can also be built :)
https://m.

FaRe x SteW

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2016, 01:35:48 PM »
I think I speak on behalf of everyone involved when I say more builders are welcome.

To those who have already signed up feel free to come and build to you expertise. Terraforming is needed heavily however with the current diagram buildings can also be built :)

As he mentionned, builders are needed!!:') currently we were 2 who terraformed and 2 others helped us. At this point, we will not be finish until 2018.

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2016, 04:05:19 PM »
Id love to manage the RPG part of things, such as currency, classes, effects, a skill tree (that i could script if i get gold soon) and much more things related to managing everything and keeping it organized (which im amazing at), and i could PM scripts whenever you need them or write them in game if i get gold back soon, hopefully you can respond!