Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  LGBT Rights  (Read 762 times)

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
Re: LGBT Rights
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 11:01:43 PM »
he and his friends constantly attend LGBT events. I feel like the amount of activists in the LGBT community that openly advocate their beliefs are pretty high (not based on any facts, just based on what I've seen), and it's honestly very inspiring.

Unfortunately, my Father and brother aren't as openly minded as i am and whilst they don't disprove of it, they don't exactly agree with it either.

But they do say one thing and that is:

'You don't see straight people holding events and marches to raise awareness of there sexuality so why do they feel the need to? All they're doing is bringing attention to themselves and attracting trouble and insults. They should just get on with there lives if that's what makes them happy'

I kinda have to agree with them there. If you want your sexuality and lifestyle to be seen as normal (which it is) then stop throwing yourself into the media and public view shouting 'hey, look at me'.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 11:05:03 PM by Fuertey »

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 11:34:07 PM »
'You don't see straight people holding events and marches to raise awareness of there sexuality

Straight people haven't been tortured, murdered, or had their rights stolen from them for hundreds of years solely because of who they love. Ever consider they're finally doing it because they can show their love for someone without having fear of someone killing them or throwing them in a loony bin for the first time in hundreds of years?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 11:36:58 PM by MrMarooca »
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 11:41:07 PM »
he and his friends constantly attend LGBT events. I feel like the amount of activists in the LGBT community that openly advocate their beliefs are pretty high (not based on any facts, just based on what I've seen), and it's honestly very inspiring.

Unfortunately, my Father and brother aren't as openly minded as i am and whilst they don't disprove of it, they don't exactly agree with it either.

But they do say one thing and that is:

'You don't see straight people holding events and marches to raise awareness of there sexuality so why do they feel the need to? All they're doing is bringing attention to themselves and attracting trouble and insults. They should just get on with there lives if that's what makes them happy'

I kinda have to agree with them there. If you want your sexuality and lifestyle to be seen as normal (which it is) then stop throwing yourself into the media and public view shouting 'hey, look at me'.

I would agree with you if the way that they were organizing was to attack other groups, but they are just celebrating their sexuality, which is really incredible to see, because it's just a group of like minded people getting together having a blast.

It's Gay Pride, not Straight Hate. Because of this, I'd liken a gay pride parade to something like Mardi Gras, or a cultural celebration.

I can understand how someone like your father would be upset, since you said he has an anti-gay mindset, just as I'd understand why someone would hate cinco de mayo if they hated Mexicans.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2016, 01:05:10 AM »
'You don't see straight people holding events and marches to raise awareness of there sexuality

Straight people haven't been tortured, murdered, or had their rights stolen from them for hundreds of years solely because of who they love. Ever consider they're finally doing it because they can show their love for someone without having fear of someone killing them or throwing them in a loony bin for the first time in hundreds of years?
And unfortunately, this has been happening up until the past couple of years.

http://americablog.com/2013/07/russian-vigilantes-kidnapping-beating-young-gays.html

I know that one is a little old, but I couldn't find the one I read last year. Hopefully 2013 is current enough

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheM00n
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2016, 09:25:45 AM »
I feel as if this topic has very little use since most of the members who frequent it are from the new age of supporting LGBT or just being indifferent entirely. As a result there really are no arguments to be made for the opposition. Not that its a bad thing, just most topics are used to discuss from two points of view. This however, cant be.

I can understand how someone like your father would be upset, since you said he has an anti-gay mindset, just as I'd understand why someone would hate cinco de mayo if they hated Mexicans.

I dont follow your logic here

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 09:35:22 AM by Nefty »

Fuertey

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2016, 10:39:43 AM »

I never said he was anti-gay. I said he neither disapproves or agrees with there lifestyle.

Nor does he get upset. He would say the same thing if it was straight men and women throwing themselves into the media and public view. As an example, he hates Facebook with a passion as he doesn't understand why people feel the need to share there private life with everyone else.

If you're happy in your relationship and with your sexual orientation then good for you. Go and live your life and be happy. But if you constantly throw yourself into the spotlight then you will receive attention. Both good and bad.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:44:19 AM by Fuertey »

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2016, 10:46:37 AM »
I feel as if this topic has very little use since most of the members who frequent it are from the new age of supporting LGBT or just being indifferent entirely. As a result there really are no arguments to be made for the opposition. Not that its a bad thing, just most topics are used to discuss from two points of view. This however, cant be.

I dont follow your logic here
It is mostly to keep track of things that are going on nowadays, because since the supreme court ruled in favor of gay marriage many groups have been trying to pass laws that allow other forms of discrimination. We also have many topics about attacks that take place, even though I've never seen anyone say "those infidels had it coming".

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Fuertey

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2016, 10:55:04 AM »
It is mostly to keep track of things that are going on nowadays, because since the supreme court ruled in favor of gay marriage many groups have been trying to pass laws that allow other forms of discrimination. We also have many topics about attacks that take place, even though I've never seen anyone say "those infidels had it coming".

To me it makes no sense at all that what someone is doing with there life on one side of the country, can affect you on the other side.

They say they don't want gay marriage legalised, but so what if it is? How exactly will that affect you and your life? I'd like to see some valid answers to that but there isn't any.

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheM00n
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2016, 11:19:30 AM »
To me it makes no sense at all that what someone is doing with there life on one side of the country, can affect you on the other side.

They say they don't want gay marriage legalised, but so what if it is? How exactly will that affect you and your life? I'd like to see some valid answers to that but there isn't any.

Yay time for my Catholic School Teaching to come in.

I would tell you exactly what is seen wrong with homosexuality under catholic social teaching, but unfortunately religion is banned here.

Big Brother is watching me ;)

Fuertey

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2016, 11:29:40 AM »
There is no valid answer. Regardless of your religion, skin colour, sexuality etc.... What someone does with there own personal life on one side of the country has no bearing on someone on the other side of the country.

If someone in say New York is offended by someone in Califonia because of there sexuality then i'd suggest it's them who have the problem.

We are all human beings. Should the same laws not apply to us all? regardless of our gender, race or sexuality?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 11:33:25 AM by Fuertey »