Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  College Experience/Expectations  (Read 221 times)

DiamondBack662

Re: College Experience/Expectations
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 10:28:48 PM »
Did you go to college? Yep! Finished it too.How was it? Expensive Major, minor? Too many to remember them all.Degree?Yep. Finally. Etc.Let's just say... hot tubs and alcohol might have been involded in an awesome story I can never tell you about.
For those of us who haven't quite reached the dorms, where would you like to go, and do you have a major in mind?

CG

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 06:40:44 PM »
Well im only in yr9 so i got 5 years till I go  to collage butt when I do I am hoping to get a degree in history and teaching and food because I would like to be a history teacher or a chef and own my own resturant

FalloutMan

• View Profile
  • Xbox: xxUnKn0wN Sn1p4
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 10:04:20 PM »
I plan to go to Kansas University (KU). I plan on getting a MD in Orthopedic Surgery and of course the other degrees I have to get first. I then plan on specializing in Hand and Microsurgery. But I've been thinking of joining the Army or Navy and becoming a combat medic and get pre-med. As my uncle was a medic in the Navy.

P.S: I'd like to play Football and or do Track. Whether it be at a major university or not. I then hope to carry on the relationship with this girl I've had since 8th grade. We'll see where that goes!
(Hopefully It'll Go Well!)
Nuclear Winter Wonderland

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 10:44:32 PM »
I plan to go to Kansas University (KU). But I've been thinking of joining the Army or Navy and becoming a combat medic and get pre-med. As my uncle was a medic in the Navy.

Have you considered/heard of HPS program? Once you commit to the program and get into medical school, military pays for your schooling and fellowship. After you receive your degree and specialization you commit 4 fours I believe to military service, but you remain as an MD, not some front-line soldier

link to their general website: http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/navmedmpte/accessions/Pages/HealthProfessionsScholarshipProgram_Prospective.aspx
You make me smile!

Pride

• Legendary Member
  • A new begining
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Denied Pride
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 10:17:38 PM »
I think I may know, for sure, what college I plane on attending. Bum Bum Bum!!!
I am sure that I want to go to Baylor. Why you may ask? They are a great school to go to to study law.

FalloutMan

• View Profile
  • Xbox: xxUnKn0wN Sn1p4
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 10:56:47 PM »
Have you considered/heard of HPS program? Once you commit to the program and get into medical school, military pays for your schooling and fellowship. After you receive your degree and specialization you commit 4 fours I believe to military service, but you remain as an MD, not some front-line soldier

link to their general website: http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/navmedmpte/accessions/Pages/HealthProfessionsScholarshipProgram_Prospective.aspx

I haven not actually read or seen this. But I've heard of programs like these.
Nuclear Winter Wonderland

Stormthorn

• View Profile
  • Xbox: WafleHouse 4Tet
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 02:37:53 AM »
Oh, and sometimes you get to watch films in class that you REALLY wouldnt see in a high school. So theirs that.

Spoiler for Hidden Content: