Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  College Experience/Expectations  (Read 222 times)

Cloud 9

• Stoner, Miner, and Philanthropist
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: PandaPaw64
College Experience/Expectations
« on: May 31, 2013, 06:54:06 AM »
Did you go to college? How was it? Major, minor? Degree? Etc.

For those of us who haven't quite reached the dorms, where would you like to go, and do you have a major in mind?

MountainDewIt

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: cooldude013
Re: College Experience/Expectations
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 09:24:11 AM »
I haven't been to college and wont for atleast 4 years. Im thinking about Shawnee State University. I would like to do something involving computers. I'm thinking about game development, website development, or animation offer games or anything else.

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 09:36:51 AM »
In the UK, college comes after high school and before university, for university which I hope to attend at the start of September and will be studying applied chemistry. It's a lot different from high school as its a serious environment no messing around.

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

Dig deeper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 06:53:26 PM »
In the UK, college comes after high school and before university, for university which I hope to attend at the start of September and will be studying applied chemistry. It's a lot different from high school as its a serious environment no messing around.
That's not what my chemistry teacher says.

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 09:38:28 PM »
I'm currently enrolled in a university. My major is Biomedical Sciences with a minor in History.

So far it's one of the best experiences of my life. I get to take classes that are both interesting and fulfill my degree, whenever I want (still costs money though  :(( )

To prospective students, take whatever classes interest you. In the scheme of things, unless you are competing for professional schools like medical schools or law school, the classes you take won't hurt your degree and you'll do better in classes that interest you rather than forced curriculums. For example, if you are going for a business degree, 99/100 employers couldn't care less about the specific classes you took, so long as you have the degree.
Also the college stereotype of National Lampoon's Animal House is not indicative of normal college life at all....
You make me smile!

demman32

• Elite Member
  • Bob's Disciple
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: yogi bear triad
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 10:20:21 PM »
I'm not even in high school yet(Going into eighth grade), but I do know that my favorite subjects are math and science. Believe it or not, education is the one thing I'm good at other than gaming. LOL

Anyways, from all the videos I've watched books I've read, and just articles I've looked at, what interests me the most is chemistry and physics. Though I have not taken them yet, I can not wait. I hope they don't disappoint me :/
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE!

Stormthorn

• View Profile
  • Xbox: WafleHouse 4Tet
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 01:06:44 AM »
I enjoy college very much. Sometimes the work feels like High School, and sometimes I have several thousands dollars of research periodicals from the library in front of me as I look for what to put into my paper.

Spoiler for Hidden Content:

Pride

• Legendary Member
  • A new begining
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Denied Pride
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 02:07:47 PM »
I have 3 more years before I need to put a final decision on what college I want to attend.
I am hoping to play football, but we will see were that goes. I also want to major in law. I plan on becoming a lawyer.

Zidane Tribal

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 08:57:09 AM »
I'm in my twilight week at College (1 week left) now from this post. But I expect to pass my Int. 2 Computing Course and thus get the qualifications needed to proceed into a Level 6 Digital Media Studies course at a new campus (Scotland's college is different than others you know but the 'no mess around' rules applies.

TDi Saint

• View Profile
  • Xbox: TDi Saint
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 02:57:11 PM »
I'm hoping to go to university to study Medicine or Biomedical sciences, if I took biomedical sciences I then plan on taking a doctorate course straight after while I'm working.

I'm looking forward to it, I just can't wait to be more independent then I am currently.