Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Is there a limit on how many textures you can apply onto a block?  (Read 202 times)

Matthew Bareno

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: mat523
I have recently bought this game and have started making a South Park map. At first I was in love with the mechanics of having the ramps, stairs, stacks, etc being able to mask any texture in the game. After I built over 15 buildings i realized that the textured blocks had a limit. So i tested it. I copied all the buildings and saved them as components. But as i continue to to texture stairs and ramps i fill out the little window on the bottom. The purple stairs i used for the school got replaced on the little texture window on the bottom of the "choose your texture" screen with gray stairs used for another building. So i copied the school down and all the stairs were not purple because the texture had been replaced with gray....... Is there a way to get rid of this error? Or should i just adapt to it? :/
Could this possibly be a setting? Or a future update?
This is all on the Xbox 360 btw :) thank you!! ^-^

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
Re: Is there a limit on how many textures you can apply onto a block?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 06:31:01 PM »
There is a limit of 16 textures for any block that supports multiple textures, with the default texture taking up its own spot in the list. If you delete a texture, and then select a new one, the texture deleted will be replaced with the new one selected.
-Alionz