Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Homeowner shoots Burglar  (Read 679 times)

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
Re: Homeowner shoots Burglar
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2016, 08:31:28 PM »
And to add on about the prefrontal cortex of the brain, it does indeed start to develop at 18-21 depending on who you are, and you will notice it when you get that age and start arguing against your initial stance because you thought of both sides of the argument.

Amd I have to agree with Steve, a good majority of your posts here have said that guns should be illegal, and have not backed that statement up with anything.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2016, 11:39:08 PM »
While I agree with you atlas, and it sounds like the best plan I've heard about guns, that still won't stop criminals from getting them as easy as they can now.

Also, I'd like to add to the earlier discussion, before it was derailed, that if guns were outlawed, that would pretty much be like an announcement that if you break in a law abiding citizen's house, they will not have a gun. It totally drops the risk factor way down, and if they brought a gun with them, that makes it even worse.

Waiting for the cops is not always the best thing to do, mainly because most simply do not care enough to risk their lives for someone. My whole town is filled with dirty cops, ones that HAVE beaten an old lady and claimed self defense and got away penalty free.

Where I live, I'd rather take my chances with barehand wrestling a bear over calling the police. Especially since they take over 10 minutes to get there. Do you know how much an intruder can do in 10 minutes? They could rob at least 3 banks with proper planning.
I'm lucky. A couple of cops live near my neighborhood, and it seems like the two times we have had to call the police someone was here in under 5 minutes. I don't know if they like to patrol near hear because they live here, or if it was just luck both times. But I know not everyone has that luxury. So I agree, everyone should have their own means to stop intruders and protect themselves. And in my honest opinion, the best choice is a shotgun. I guess you could use a tazer or something like a bat, but they simply don't offer the power or the peace of mind a shotgun would.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheM00n
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2016, 10:29:38 AM »
While I agree with you atlas, and it sounds like the best plan I've heard about guns, that still won't stop criminals from getting them as easy as they can now.

Also, I'd like to add to the earlier discussion, before it was derailed, that if guns were outlawed, that would pretty much be like an announcement that if you break in a law abiding citizen's house, they will not have a gun. It totally drops the risk factor way down, and if they brought a gun with them, that makes it even worse.

Waiting for the cops is not always the best thing to do, mainly because most simply do not care enough to risk their lives for someone. My whole town is filled with dirty cops, ones that HAVE beaten an old lady and claimed self defense and got away penalty free.

Where I live, I'd rather take my chances with barehand wrestling a bear over calling the police. Especially since they take over 10 minutes to get there. Do you know how much an intruder can do in 10 minutes? They could rob at least 3 banks with proper planning.
I'm lucky. A couple of cops live near my neighborhood, and it seems like the two times we have had to call the police someone was here in under 5 minutes. I don't know if they like to patrol near hear because they live here, or if it was just luck both times. But I know not everyone has that luxury. So I agree, everyone should have their own means to stop intruders and protect themselves. And in my honest opinion, the best choice is a shotgun. I guess you could use a tazer or something like a bat, but they simply don't offer the power or the peace of mind a shotgun would.

I have only called an ambulance to my house multiple times, but i feel as if that is a horribly slow response time.

An ambulance made it to my house in almost a minute and a half and im not to close to a hospital.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2016, 12:36:18 PM »

I have only called an ambulance to my house multiple times, but i feel as if that is a horribly slow response time.

An ambulance made it to my house in almost a minute and a half and im not to close to a hospital.
Really? I guess you are lucky then. The lady across the street has had health problems for awhile, and we have had to call the ambulance for her a couple times. That always takes upwards of five minutes, usually 10 or more. I believe this is probably because the hospital is on the other side of town.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey