Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Homeowner shoots Burglar  (Read 913 times)

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: Homeowner shoots Burglar
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 10:07:03 AM »
Isn't anyone going to mention that he was escaping? i.e running away? He was no threat to her.

I'm all for self defence but this guy/boy was no threat to her or her health. What she did was nothing short of shooting someone in the back and she should be arrested and charged with murder. Or at the very least, manslaughter.

Yes actually. I was planning on saying that both parties in this were stupid.

There was no reason for her to shoot the kid without warning.

A simple "Stop or I'll shoot!" Would have stopped the kid, And given the homeowner the ability to call the authorities, Whilst still ensuring that the burglar is caught.

As i said earlier, Just the threat will go a long way.
And if this were the case, Both parties could leave this better off.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 10:56:22 AM »
A simple "Stop or I'll shoot!" Would have stopped the kid, And given the homeowner the ability to call the authorities, Whilst still ensuring that the burglar is caught.
She had already called the authorities before arriving at her house. On arriving at her house, after having already called the authorities, she saw he was already leaving the house via a window, and he was 'as far as we know' no threat to her person, but she made a bad decision, she decided to confront him, resulting in his death. She could have shot him with her mobile phone camera, not a gun. I tend to agree with Fuertey, a manslaughter charge seems appropriate given the facts we have. There appears to have been no rational reason to kill him.

How many homes did she rob growing up, with that kind of mentality?
And how many homes had he previously robbed growing up.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 11:40:17 AM »
Those of you saying we should be equipped with guns and we should shoot someone if they enter our house, your wrong, I don't think that you understand how dangerous these things are!! They shouldn't exist and end many peoples lives! Too many people are damaged by games such as call of duty, and that makes people think guns are less than they really ate! Well, hate to break it to you, they're not!!

Let me stop you right there. Guns aren't dangerous unless you make them dangerous.

You wouldn't go into your house and mess with the wiring if you had no idea what to do, Would you? That's a great way to get electrocuted, Isn't it?

If everyone in the world used common sense, Were properly educated in gun safety, And had no desire to kill others, Deaths by guns would be negligible.

That unfortunately is not the case. But I feel as though you aren't educated on the subject if you think guns themselves are dangerous.

Why isn't this post in the adult board? It seems a bit too touchy.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 11:41:18 AM »
Those of you saying we should be equipped with guns and we should shoot someone if they enter our house, your wrong, I don't think that you understand how dangerous these things are!! They shouldn't exist and end many peoples lives! Too many people are damaged by games such as call of duty, and that makes people think guns are less than they really ate! Well, hate to break it to you, they're not!!
games have little to no part in it, i played shooting games since i was little, does not make me want to shoot everyone i know, you have to have some mental issue or realy messed up parenting in order to get influenced by a game/movie, some thing happend when movies became violent, most crimes where blamed on movies, now they are blamed on games.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber (2013-2019)
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2016, 01:34:12 PM »
I agree guns are not dangerus unless you make it. If people would be more mindful on its aim and trigger. We would not have this issue. But people, like Dryym said still do not get the point. And they get mad and use it on people. For doing dumd things. I feel if we don't educate or even put these people in the slamer it will only get worse. I.E You spilt my coffie shots really fired.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 01:49:07 PM by WrestleMania 32 »

/mm Thanks GK for Sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2016, 01:42:27 PM »
Too right I don't know how to handle a gun, I don't want to know how to either! It's a terrible way of expressing hate, and it shouldn't be used.

How are guns solely a way of expressing hate?

Unless you hate circles, Cans, Or eating, I don't get it.

I feel as though you've been brainwashed or something.
Literally anything can be used to kill others. Most of which are more horrible than guns are.

That isn't even what this topic is about though.

Regardless of what was going through the homeowner's mind upon shooting the kid, It wasn't an expression of hate. More territorial than anything.

I agree guns are not dangerus unless you make it. If people would be more mindful on its aim and trigger. We would not have this issue. But people like Dryym said still do not get the point. And they get mad and use it on people. For doing dumd things. I feel if we don't educate or even put these people in the slamer it will only get worse. I.E You spilt my coffie shots really fired.

I think you need a comma in there. I was in the middle of posting when I saw the new post. At first I thought you were accusing me of something, But upon further reading I saw that you were agreeing with me.

"People, Like Dryym said, Still do not get the point" & "People like Dryym said still do not get the point" are very different. The former is agreeing with me, And the latter is accusing me of not getting something. With a random out of place "Said".

Sorry for the lecture, I wouldn't have said it if I wasn't already posting.

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 01:50:27 PM »

Why isn't this post in the adult board? It seems a bit too touchy.
yep.when we have people saying stuff like
Too many people are damaged by games such as call of duty, and that makes people think guns are less than they really ate!
then  maybe it should,although idk if will even has access to the adult threads...allthough with the way hes handling this thread,then idk if he could handle the rest of the other threads in it where itd prob end up causing drama

and no offense will,but every new post you add onto this thread becomes more cringier to read.i find it weird that you have no idea about some of the stuff you talk about or posted/replied with,which seems a little weird when you try and outsmart everyone else that knows alot more than you do most likely,especially with guns,gun control/laws,ect....idk if thats just me

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2016, 01:57:11 PM »

Being that I've been to the shooting range about every week for 5 years, I think I know a little about shooting guns, and I agree with dryym. They aren't dangerous unless you make them.

There are precautions at the range where an alarm sounds, everyone is to put their guns down, and step away when you go to get your target back.

Also I'm really good with a shotgun ;)

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber (2013-2019)
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2016, 02:16:59 PM »
I have access to the adult board, though I'm thirteen ;)
That had nothing to do with the topic. I say this becuase if i didn't it would be a drama fest. So before it does take those reply to pms please. O_O

/mm Thanks GK for Sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 05:18:59 PM »
Personally, All, I think it's ridiculous to have anything more than a rifle. Semiautomatic assault weapons, revolvers, handguns, shotguns, and especially ordinance weaponry are a little absurd. A rifle alone is enough.

Frankly, I don't think it'd make it better to make firearms harder to get, either. Yes, only a handful would be able to possess them. However, it also means that if it's possible for someone to get ahold of one when they shouldn't be able to, they would have a huge advantage over a larger portion of the rest of the citizens. Which is... well... not okay.

That said, I'm not for loose firearm legislation. If I'm quite honest, I personally feel that they should only be used in possession of peacekeepers in profession (i.e. police officers). I also understand that there would be problems with this in case of a corrupt government, which is the only reason I approve of firearm access in the United States.

I mean, the whole topic is like walking on glass. Both sides generally have great points, but there is not a happy medium. I am not quite sure where I truly stand.

Fact of the matter is, the burglar entered the home. That's illegal. The homeowner open fired on the burglar. That's not illegal. If what I gather is correct, the homeowner open fired on the burglar while the burglar was retreating. That should be illegal, where both parties would get held accountable. Chances are, that's not what will happen, though. Chances are the homeowner will get off scott-free.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail