Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Homeowner shoots Burglar  (Read 912 times)

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
Homeowner shoots Burglar
« on: March 23, 2016, 01:14:13 AM »
http://cbsloc.al/1Lggm2y

A homeowner shot a burglar as he tried to escape. The family then says that they don't think he stole anything, and then (best part) the family says "you have to look at the point of view of all the kids who grew up in the ghetto, where else are they going to get their money and their clothes"

That just really makes me laugh. The family knew that he was stealing, and I am behind the homeowner on this. If someone unwelcome steps foot in my house, I have a few bullets with their name on it.

Good for her, taking it into her own hands. All the police would do would have the sirens telling the kid that its time to leave.

As many W's as possible

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
Re: Homeowner shoots Burglar
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 03:13:05 AM »
I think it is completely unnecessary to shoot someone, our world evolves around violence. We need to stop this violence, or we will end up killing ourselves out. There is no need for such terrible way of life, and I certainly don't think a burglar should be shot! Why do we have police, if we can just shoot unwanted visitors? It's pathetic that some people are allowed to have guns in their houses!

I don't think you understand the sort of danger of unwanted people in your house. Police aren't immediate responses, they can take time to arrive, especially in cities where crime is already a big problem. I'm not one for letting people own firearms, but in countries that allow it, it is reasonable that you should have one. Say that burglar had a gun of his own and didn't care if any casualties came out of his visit? Not everyone is out just to steal stuff, some have mental illnesses that can lead to violence. So should a burglar be shot? In my opinion, yeah, he should, especially if you give them warning that you will shoot them and they don't respond by leaving.

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 04:22:01 AM »
http://cbsloc.al/1Lggm2y

A homeowner shot a burglar as he tried to escape. The family then says that they don't think he stole anything, and then (best part) the family says "you have to look at the point of view of all the kids who grew up in the ghetto, where else are they going to get their money and their clothes"

That just really makes me laugh. The family knew that he was stealing, and I am behind the homeowner on this. If someone unwelcome steps foot in my house, I have a few bullets with their name on it.

Good for her, taking it into her own hands. All the police would do would have the sirens telling the kid that its time to leave.

I think it is completely unnecessary to shoot someone, our world evolves around violence. We need to stop this violence, or we will end up killing ourselves out. There is no need for such terrible way of life, and I certainly don't think a burglar should be shot! Why do we have police, if we can just shoot unwanted visitors? It's pathetic that some people are allowed to have guns in their houses!

Violence will not be the cause of human extinction.

The cause of it will be stupidity. Take the nuclear missile situations with the US and Russia. One person can decide that they don't like the other because of their thoughts/beliefs/looks/etc and bam! nukes fly, which starts a huge war and billions of people die. All because a stupid person decided that they didn't like the other.

Its the same with this burglar and the home owner. If you decide to break into someone's house, its your stupidity that will get you killed. You don't know who the person is that lives there, what they do, or (in this case) if they would fight back.

Let me ask you this. If someone came to your house and claimed that all of your stuff was theirs, would you not try ti fight back? Also keep in mind that if this was a game of who can roll the higher number on a 6-sided dice, a gun is a +4 to your roll.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 05:16:33 AM »
Violence will not be the cause of human extinction.

The cause of it will be stupidity. Take the nuclear missile situations with the US and Russia. One person can decide that they don't like the other because of their thoughts/beliefs/looks/etc and bam! nukes fly, which starts a huge war and billions of people die. All because a stupid person decided that they didn't like the other.
That's violence cough..

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 05:29:28 AM »

Let me ask you this. If someone came to your house and claimed that all of your stuff was theirs, would you not try ti fight back? Also keep in mind that if this was a game of who can roll the higher number on a 6-sided dice, a gun is a +4 to your roll.
May aswell make the topic even more controversial...

i would fight back, but i would not kill a man because of it. i personally find guns pointless in the city, im 20 and i have never seen a real gun before.

The U.S and U.K are very similar in most aspects, but firearms are where we are at the other ends of the scale.
1 believes everyone should have guns even children, and the other believes only certain people should have guns.

To own a shotgun in the U.K

Pretty much anyone who isn't a criminal or with significant mental illness can get one. You need a license, and to get that you have a background check, an interview with the police and to show a safe where they will be correctly stored. You can get either double barrelled shotguns or pumps that hold 3 shells in total, Also need to give a reason for the gun.

How to own a gun (Including fully automatic which are ilegal in U.K)

A background check is conducted only in store purchases. There, gun buyers have to fill out a form from the ATF, or the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
Required information includes: name, address, place of birth, race and citizenship. A social security number is only "optional," though it's recommended.

But none of this is required at gun shows which are very common (29 was booked for last years farthers day)

The strangest part to me is that the president tried to make a law to fix the loop hole in gun shows that can sell without background checks, yet the congress denied it...

UK: guns per 100 residents 6.6
US: guns per 100 residents 112.6

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 06:18:23 AM »
and they don't respond by leaving
its just a prank bro!

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 08:28:46 AM »

i would fight back, but i would not kill a man because of it. i personally find guns pointless in the city, im 20 and i have never seen a real gun before.

I agree that shooting someone without warning is going too far. But in many cases, Your opponent may have a gun themselves.

If an unarmed burglar came into someone's house, And the homeowner just shot them without warning, Sure it's easy to defend the homeowner, But in many cases, They could have given the guy a chance. The threat of being shot is enough to make any sane person back away.

However, If someone came into my house with a gun, Any hints of hostility on their part would result in their death.
The general belief in this case is that if you have to kill someone to protect yourself, And/Or your family. Do it. It's self defence, Something engrained in our biological code.

That doesn't mean there isn't a civilized way to get out of those scenarios.
But if the worst comes to worst, And you are willing to gamble your life, And your families' lives rather than killing a man. I honestly believe you are either stupid, Or you just don't care.

I can get through killing someone. It'd be rough, But I could. I could not get through a shotgun wound in the head.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 08:37:13 AM »
I can get through killing someone. It'd be rough, But I could. I could not get through a shotgun wound in the head.

I doubt i'd have much trouble killing someone if i needed to, but there is dozens of ways to get out of situations, not everything needs to end with a gun shot to the head or several in the chest, you can usualy use a gun to disarm someone without killing them, i just don't understand why people put several bullets in people who are clearly no threat anymore.

To be honest its a shame to say but i doubt gun laws will get much more strict then they are now in america, Most (Not all) americans are to proud and they believe they have the rights to have guns, that goes from the children/vets to those sick in the head. and there nothing anyone can do about it as it stands, congress constantly say no to changing gun laws even those obvious ones like more background checks.

It just confusing to an outsider like me, it might make complete sense to others, but to me its just silly.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 09:18:13 AM »
Isn't anyone going to mention that he was escaping? i.e running away? He was no threat to her.

I'm all for self defence but this guy/boy was no threat to her or her health. What she did was nothing short of shooting someone in the back and she should be arrested and charged with murder. Or at the very least, manslaughter.

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 09:29:29 AM »
How many homes did she rob growing up, with that kind of mentality?
(To clarify, the woman in the interview, not the homeowner.)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 09:36:05 AM by Dauntless395 »
You make me smile!