Author Topic:  [How To]: Clans  (Read 1397 times)

RF Inn The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
[How To]: Clans
« on: March 17, 2016, 12:56:05 PM »
How To Create a PROPER Clan Thread

Welcome guys, and here I will introduce you to the clan section of the forums. This section is not the most ACTIVE section we have, but that isn't due to lack of people posted, but rather a lack of knowledge on how to run a clan (or enthusiasm to do so). I in no means am a perfect representation of how to run a clan, I have made clans that have become inactive in the past. But that doesn't mean I do not know how to run a clan.

Before you start a clan, there are a few things you should make sure you are willing to do:

Be a Leader

Often times, a person will start a clan, and then they will do nothing, or very little to support and set up the clan itself. If you want to be a clan creator, you have to LEAD your clan. Set up events, builds, chats. Don't be another name on the list of inactive clans. People look to the person who creates the clan for clan actions, and if that person is slacking off, the rest of the clan will as well.

Explain Yourself and Your Clan

You NEED to explain what your clan is about. IN DETAIL. No one will want to join a clan that is just "hey im looking for good builders with mics, join me - here is my GT".

Explain what your clan is looking for in it's members, what you plan to do in the clan (group builds, games, outside things other than total miner itself), and Set. Things. Up. If you cannot set up a simple meet up, then your clan will fail - simple as that.

A good way to moderate clan activity is using the much underused *Groups* section of the forums. Here you can post when you will doing your clan activities, and feature you clan work (as well as the thread itself).

You should also explain yourself - talk about your experience in TM, and what you will bring to the table as a clan leader. Feature some of your own work if it is a building clan, that way we can see that you're not just looking for "skilled builders"to do your work for you.

If you cannot get pictures, well there are plenty of forum members who have capture cards on the forums, im sure if you ask in the shoutbox, or in the QnA section someone will be more than happy to provide pictures for you.

Overall Appearance

You want your clan thread to look professional. Use proper grammar and spelling. Don't be afraid to use colours and pictures (just do not go over the top). If your thread is professional, well organized, and described well, people will be attracted to join it!

Activity and Members

I know it can be hard to keep a clan active - there are so many different time zones and schedules - it can be hard to organize group actions, but if you know what you are doing, and get to know the members of your clan, it can become a lot simpler.

Enlist some friends that you know/trust, and have them act as admins for the clan. If you cannot set something up due to your own schedule, perhaps your friend can, and maintain an active clan while you are busy.

Above all else, be mutually inclusive. If you are kind and accepting, your clan experience will be much more fun and enjoyable for not only you, but everyone else as well. Yes, there are always going to be those people who do not fit into a certain clan, but you should always give someone a chance. Even if your clan is for "professional" builders, dont reject someone who is willing to learn from you, sometimes people just want a learning experience from those who "know what they are doing". We were all at that point, none of us were amazing builders from the start.

Hopefully this helps you create and maintain a clan, if you follow the general guidelines, anyone can create a good clan ::)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 11:21:21 PM by RF Inn The Jet »
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • Maze/Trivia Builder & Previous Total Miner Tester
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
Re: [How To]: Clans
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 05:16:21 PM »
I'm glad someone finally created something like this, hopefully we'll have more organized clans that are actually taken seriously in the near future.

《Thank You GK & Mysterio For These Astonishing Signitures!》

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Legendary Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 06:26:26 PM »
Sadly the fall of the era of decent clans was mostly due in part to drama within the clans themselves. Whenever PC comes out or even before then and clans are more respected once more, it will probably be a repeating cycle. Great guide btw Jet!
Owner of Trubstep Industries (100%)

Zone

• Elite Member
  • Total Miner Youtuber
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: IGs x Zone
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 09:18:08 PM »
Great Guide as always, This should help those that need it.
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Your getting close
So close
Come on you can do it!
Can you feel the burn??
Your on fire!
Cold
Hot
HOT!!
Hi :D

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 10:21:32 PM »
Use proper grammar and spelling

im cure if you ask in the shoutbox

Just had to point that out /heidy

RF Inn The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 12:35:06 AM »
Use proper grammar and spelling

im cure if you ask in the shoutbox

Just had to point that out /heidy

Shhhh that didn't happen.
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

RF Inn The Jet

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 11:31:23 AM »
Great guide!  Might I suggest adding some ideas that you can do with your clan to warm them up and get them in the zone!

This really is just a guide as to how you should set up your clan, its not for me to say how to do the activities themselves. Plus, every clan is different and will have different aspirations. I can't really say an example that would be beneficiary to every type of clan haha. That's for the clan leaders to decide ::)
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim