Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  What exactly is there to talk about  (Read 367 times)

Anbu

• What is lifes greatest Illusion? Innocence.
    • View Profile
Re: What exactly is there to talk about
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 05:29:29 PM »
Then what would be the minimum required age since I only know a dozen or so adults (age 21+) I agree that if it is 21+ it would be an adult section but in reality what would you talk about? Since there is only a few topics which only adults would understand e.g. "do you hate it when your bank refuses to pay off a loan" hell I'm only 18 so legally a young adult yet I understand most things such as loans and bills. It kinda of affected me having a single mum so I can act like an adult and join this topic yet would you still complain calling me too young to contribute?
First, I don't see why you're so butthurt about this. Two, when I say "Adult" I mean around 18+, which is legal age. Third, their are MANY topics that aren't exactly safe for children, and because one does not understand something does not make it "Adult"

The White Rabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 05:35:33 PM »
I'm not butthurt yet with the adult discussion appearing on the home page as we speak regardless of if your underage you will see this appear in my opinion I see this sub topic slightly pointless if you want it to work then you would need a whole new forum since like you said it is the internet lying is quite easy to do :) sorry if I seemed butthurt to you

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?

DiamondBack662

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 05:42:11 PM »
 Quote from: The White Rabbit on Today at 05:35:33 PM I'm not butthurt yet with the adult discussion appearing on the home page as we speak regardless of if your underage you will see this appear in my opinion I see this sub topic slightly pointless if you want it to work then you would need a whole new forum since like you said it is the internet lying is quite easy to do :) sorry if I seemed butthurt to you

When some of the kids on here are registered as 14, 15, 16 and posting in this thread.. it's kind of apparent it's not an adult section. Sorry but the whole forum is overrun with kid posts.. It would be nice if there were a section just the adults could talk... regardless of the topic... even if it's favorite flavor of icecream.

The White Rabbit

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 06:31:13 PM »
I know what you mean. Just a place to relax with others your age or near enough. This wouldn't concern me because I can talk to most age groups since I sit on the adult/teen boundry but I agree sometimes a break from the younger members is nice (I sound like a parent now)

Shorts the Environmentalist

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Shortpants128
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2013, 06:35:35 PM »
Well it all depends on maturity. I think it's right for the adults or guys/chicks who are 18+ to have their own forum page to go to, and I think you guys would do fine. But think of this, that page would be deader than the miner of duty page....
I'm an Architect

DiamondBack662

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 06:37:47 PM »
I see this section not lasting very long... needs to be at the very least 18+... 21+ would  be better.

demman32

• Elite Member
  • Bob's Disciple
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: yogi bear triad
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2013, 06:51:17 PM »
I must agree with DB, and I'm not even an adult. Which is the point of this section. Why I'm here, is something I don't know of. If I was asked if I was 18 or 21 to get in this section, would I lie? No, I don't see a place for me among the others that actually should be in this section.
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE!

The White Rabbit

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2013, 06:59:19 PM »
This is what I just found out thanks to denman he is more mature by miles than me and probably has more involvement in the adult section than me where I enjoy watching funny videos of ducks being blown over by wind than then news but at the end of the day what will happen will be bob decides to do something or leave it as it is.

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2013, 09:01:31 PM »
If the section was for 21+ there would be like 5 people here. 18+ maybe 10. And it's not as if we could check ID anyways, so it's basically pointless in trying to enforce a rule like that. So we're just going on a case by case basis.

Essentially if a person becomes a nuisance in this section, they'll have their permission to view it revoked. That's also why all the members with extremely low post counts do not have permission to view it, they could be older than Grandma Moses, but if we can't see their posts to make a judgement then it doesn't matter.

The White Rabbit

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2013, 09:11:06 PM »
Wow I never knew you needed a post count but what amazes me most is when anyone says bobs name in a post he is always there...