Author Topic:  Dark Souls 3  (Read 16251 times)

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
Re: Dark Souls 3
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2016, 11:07:48 PM »
This your first souls game? And what build you going with?

First. Knight. ludex-gundyr.
If you havnt beaten him yet, I'll give you a tip. With a boss like him, it is a lot easier to be a light roller than a tank like a knight. Some bosses will be easier for a tank, but one like ludex, you need to be able to dodge. Perhaps try taking off a piece of armour to be able to roll faster.
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2016, 12:07:14 AM »
If you havnt beaten him yet, I'll give you a tip. With a boss like him, it is a lot easier to be a light roller than a tank like a knight. Some bosses will be easier for a tank, but one like ludex, you need to be able to dodge. Perhaps try taking off a piece of armour to be able to roll faster.
That helped and I watched a youtube vid. My big mistake was trying to keep distance on his second form. Once I stopped doing that and just stuck close, I killed him on second attempt.

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2016, 12:17:34 AM »
That helped and I watched a youtube vid. My big mistake was trying to keep distance on his second form. Once I stopped doing that and just stuck close, I killed him on second attempt.

That is one thing you'll come to know with the souls games, it is often much easier to keep the fight at a close proximity rather than a distance. Unless you are a mage, being close and personal is the wqy to go with almost all bosses. Just have to keep an eye in stamina/poise for a tank or time your rolls for a lighter build such as my Dex archer
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2016, 12:31:42 AM »
Also for anyone looking for a great play through youtuber, a good friend of mine just started playing. He is a souls expert, and is going through this blind, he will be talking about the lore, and basically doing all the game has to offer. His channel name is GeneratuonHollow, and he is the best content creator in the dark souls community IMO.

Youtube.com/generationhollow

That's his channel if anyone wants to check him out. His vids are amazing, lore filled, and very funny. He has full playthroughs of Dark souls 1, Dark Souls 2, and Bloodborne on his channel, including dlcs. Check him out!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 12:33:17 AM by RF Inn The Jet »
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2016, 02:10:30 AM »
Psst, Craig, if you ever want a friendly partner for coop, I'm more than willing to help you out! ;) As it turns out, if you use the password feature, levels between characters don't matter, as it scales the summoned phantom if they're above your level. ;)

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2016, 05:18:06 PM »
So, I had made plenty of progress recently, having defeated two of the lords of cinder, the Abyss Watchers and Aldritch, being the two defeated so far. When I had progressed through Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, somewhere made me feel plenty of feels. Putting the stuff into a spoiler for spoilery reasons.
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
I had made it to Anor "flipping" Londo, or rather, what remained of it...
The city of the Gods, a once bright and awe inspiring location, now blanketed in the cold night...

I won't be posting pictures of what gave me the sad feels, but you'll know once you see them. ;-;

Also, made a new character for teh lulz.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2016, 05:47:54 PM »
So, I had made plenty of progress recently, having defeated two of the lords of cinder, the Abyss Watchers and Aldritch, being the two defeated so far. When I had progressed through Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, somewhere made me feel plenty of feels. Putting the stuff into a spoiler for spoilery reasons.
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
I had made it to Anor "flipping" Londo, or rather, what remained of it...
The city of the Gods, a once bright and awe inspiring location, now blanketed in the cold night...

I won't be posting pictures of what gave me the sad feels, but you'll know once you see them. ;-;

Also, made a new character for teh lulz.

It's like a Demonic Groucho Marx.

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2016, 09:04:16 PM »
Jesus gk, how much have you been playing XD I only just got to the boreal valley. Given I've spent a lot of time in each area finding everything there is to find, and cooping on other worlds, but still
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2016, 09:28:08 PM »
Jesus gk, how much have you been playing XD
Well, you see, the thing is... I'm about 80%(?) through the game I believe.

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2016, 10:24:27 PM »

Good lord.... How many hours?
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2016, 11:23:55 PM »

26. A bit of that time is from hosting fight clubs. :D

Deacon

• ✧ Creative Universe ✧
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Grey BW
  • PSN: RvG_Fade
  • Steam: ✪ Grey ✪
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2016, 11:50:25 PM »
Getting it tomorrow! Hoping I can keep a steady magic build.

Stoneart

• "There's always time to get your block's off"
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Discord link to my game (Coven)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: stoneart
  • PSN: Xx_Phoenix_Down_xX
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2016, 01:59:26 AM »
Getting it tomorrow! Hoping I can keep a steady magic build.

You can! Even more so then the other games in the series with the Ashen Estus Flask added. Enjoy!

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2016, 02:00:12 AM »

26. A bit of that time is from hosting fight clubs. :D
You have less than me yet your further XD I'm taking my time going through every area 100% :p
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Stoneart

• "There's always time to get your block's off"
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Discord link to my game (Coven)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: stoneart
  • PSN: Xx_Phoenix_Down_xX
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2016, 02:10:12 AM »
I'm taking my time going through every area 100% :p

I'm doing the same. I need top know each area and the locations of the spells for all my other builds I will make. I've been running through with a DEX HEX build which also has been using some miracles. Interesting that pyromancy has now been given stat requirements like Hex with a need for both int and fth.