Author Topic:  Dark Souls 3  (Read 16249 times)

Stoneart

• "There's always time to get your block's off"
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Discord link to my game (Coven)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: stoneart
  • PSN: Xx_Phoenix_Down_xX
Re: Dark Souls 3
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2016, 01:26:20 AM »
No spoilers here, just a warning.

If you plan to play on PC and use mouse/keyboard, make sure you remove any controllers from your PC before you start the game for the first time.

I had a controller plugged in when I first ran the game, and it kind of locked the game into a controller priority mode, which I couldn't find any way to turn off. So all the prompts, early game hints etc where showing controller buttons rather than keys which makes it really hard to learn the controls (have to keep referencing the key bindings screen).

So I thought I'd 'restart' the game, and used the steam 'Remove Local Content' option, thinking it would just remove local settings/data files etc, NOT THE WHOLE BLINKING GAME!@@332. So had to redownload the 17GB again...

Aw man. That's awful.  Well enjoy it now man! Glad to know you're a souls fan. Praise it!

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2016, 11:24:45 AM »
So uhhh, who wants to discuss the game? I did put a spoiler warning on the whole thread
 Where are you guys in the game currently? I'm at the swamp currentlu

Not really sure where any place specific is. I got into the pit of hollows and killed the boss. Are you on pc? Or ps4?

Neither, xboxone. And I'm not sure I've been there yet :p only bit I've been to was a

Spoiler for Hidden Content:
the giant blueberrying tree that pissed me off because I couldn't figure out how to injure it at first
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2016, 01:02:48 PM »
So uhhh, who wants to discuss the game? I did put a spoiler warning on the whole thread

Not really sure where any place specific is. I got into the pit of hollows and killed the boss. Are you on pc? Or ps4?

Neither, xboxone. And I'm not sure I've been there yet :p only bit I've been to was a

the giant blueberrying tree that pissed me off because I couldn't figure out how to injure it at first
I got it last night for the nextbox if you need any backup. Although I'm a little out of my element since my character spawned with a mace.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2016, 01:19:34 PM »

I got it last night for the nextbox if you need any backup. Although I'm a little out of my element since my character spawned with a mace.

Oh I beat it, just died horribly one my first attempt since I didn't know how to fight it.

But I'm down for coop at some point !
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2016, 02:38:54 PM »

Oh I beat it, just died horribly one my first attempt since I didn't know how to fight it.

I just got to the tree last night, I only got to play for about two hours before I had to get off. I haven't beat it yet, but I have only had one attempt. Any tips besides hit the fungus?

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2016, 02:44:02 PM »

I just got to the tree last night, I only got to play for about two hours before I had to get off. I haven't beat it yet, but I have only had one attempt. Any tips besides hit the fungus?

Charcoal line resin, and coop can help baha
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2016, 12:15:59 AM »
So I found out the controller thing is normal, they just basically haven't supported pc controls with the in game button hints.

In any case, I can't even beat the first boss  >:(

The White Rabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
  • Awards 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2016, 06:30:28 AM »

Charcoal line resin, and coop can help baha

Pffft coop is for the weak xD just soloed the Abyss Watchers and that was truley a nasty fight. Also the Watchdogs of Farron is my favourite covenant since those who tresspass deserve to be slain xD

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?

Kitty

• Legendary Member
  • Sinking into nothing at all~
  • Awards Former MotM winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Milkshakez7z
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2016, 08:33:41 AM »
Playing on PC atm, man this games good but DAMN I wasn't ready for the boss that resembles a large plant thing...  ;)

the first boss I got stuck on was the second one, man he hit harddddddd

The White Rabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
  • Awards 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2016, 09:04:08 AM »
So far I felt that the deacons of the deep was an underwhelming fight once you catch on you can do it easily. Took me a 2 attempts the first was death by curse which was easy to avoid.

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2016, 02:49:57 PM »
Deacons was a piece of cake for me, one shot I do believe, though I haven't dine anything about those giants yet....

And the only thing I've cooped was the abys watchers not vmbecasue I needed to, but just wanted to do some coop with atlas.
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2016, 09:19:56 PM »
Alright, so, I updated my graphics card driver, and can now play the game at a steady 20+fps, so I can actually play it now! Huzzah!

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2016, 09:36:39 PM »
So I found out the controller thing is normal, they just basically haven't supported pc controls with the in game button hints.

In any case, I can't even beat the first boss  >:(

This your first souls game? And what build you going with?

and do you mean the boss or the crystal lizard?
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Stoneart

• "There's always time to get your block's off"
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Discord link to my game (Coven)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: stoneart
  • PSN: Xx_Phoenix_Down_xX
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2016, 10:02:37 PM »
Alright, so, I updated my graphics card driver, and can now play the game at a steady 20+fps, so I can actually play it now! Huzzah!

Nice!!! Praise the sun

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2016, 10:59:23 PM »
This your first souls game? And what build you going with?

First. Knight. ludex-gundyr.