Author Topic:  Dark Souls 3  (Read 9116 times)

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
Re: Dark Souls 3
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2016, 02:50:57 PM »
Months of excitement, of hype, an it all comes crashing down the moment I load up the game, to discover that I can barely run it on the lowest settings. Getting from 4-10 fps as my average, I can't play the game. My hype train got derailed instantly. :(
You can request a refund from steam. Just beware fickle use of this method if you intend to nurture relations.
Do you have a next generation console?

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2016, 03:07:31 PM »

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

RF Inn The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2016, 03:14:13 PM »
Ive never played Souls before, it looks really good. I havent read much about the game, but is it a game that I have to experience the first two to enjoy the third?

Yes and no. This is the third in the series so there will be a lot of throw backs to the previous two games (references, weapons, bosses, enemies etc) but you will be able to understand and enjoy the game either way

You may not understand the lore as well as someone who's played all three, but you'll still be able to piece it together

I also highly reccomend playing the other two. DkS1 is a masterpiece and number two, although much less fluid and considerably worse story line was still a good game.
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2016, 06:36:09 PM »
Months of excitement, of hype, an it all comes crashing down the moment I load up the game, to discover that I can barely run it on the lowest settings. Getting from 4-10 fps as my average, I can't play the game. My hype train got derailed instantly. :(
You can request a refund from steam. Just beware fickle use of this method if you intend to nurture relations.
Do you have a next generation console?
I bought the game through Amazon, so a refund I believe would be a more difficult procedure. And I have neither a PS4 or a Xbox One.

II FerGie x 🍀

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Potato!
  • Awards Former MotM winners I AM THE LAW! Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: II FerGie x
  • PSN: II_FerGie_x
  • Steam: iifergiex
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2016, 06:49:14 PM »
Unfortunate to hear about that Knighty. Hope you get something figured out, keep me updated if you manage to get playing the game.

I started playing it today, put roughly 4 and a half hours in the game so far and loving it each step of the way. :D I much prefer it over 2 so that's a great relief, but highly recommended. :)

Elites

• ✧ Creative Universe ✧
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Elitxz
  • PSN: RvG_Fade
  • Steam: Elitxz
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2016, 12:15:05 PM »
Yes and no. This is the third in the series so there will be a lot of throw backs to the previous two games (references, weapons, bosses, enemies etc) but you will be able to understand and enjoy the game either way

You may not understand the lore as well as someone who's played all three, but you'll still be able to piece it together

I also highly reccomend playing the other two. DkS1 is a masterpiece and number two, although much less fluid and considerably worse story line was still a good game.

Im buying the game, im gonna study the lore and watch some old gameplay from the past game. Its gonna be a challange, but that what the games about :D

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2016, 12:26:10 PM »

Im buying the game, im gonna study the lore and watch some old gameplay from the past game. Its gonna be a challange, but that what the games about :D

The lore is amazingly original, and I think...I think you may enjoy a chap named Big Hat Logan. ;) Just saying.

RF Inn The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2016, 12:36:45 PM »
Just started playing and wooo, amazing starting area.was a bit rusty so I died a few times, but it was all brilliant.
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Elites

• ✧ Creative Universe ✧
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2016, 12:37:13 PM »

The lore is amazingly original, and I think...I think you may enjoy a chap named Big Hat Logan. ;) Just saying.

Ahh so thats whos in your signature.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2016, 12:42:19 PM »

Indeed! Marvelous spell caster, he's more interesting than that though. /sage

Elites

• ✧ Creative Universe ✧
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2016, 12:47:33 AM »

Indeed! Marvelous spell caster, he's more interesting than that though. /sage

Only interesting people have a name like big hat logan!

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

RF Inn The Jet

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2016, 01:15:30 AM »
So uhhh, who wants to discuss the game? I did put a spoiler warning on the whole thread
 Where are you guys in the game currently? I'm at the swamp currentlu
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Stoneart

• "There's always time to get your block's off"
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • My music page
    • Awards
  • Xbox: stoneart
  • PSN: Xx_Phoenix_Down_xX
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2016, 01:18:49 AM »
Ive never played Souls before, it looks really good. I havent read much about the game, but is it a game that I have to experience the first two to enjoy the third?

The idea behind the souls series has always been the thrill of the unknown. I would personally reccomend going in knowing as little to nothing at all. The game doesn't promote player communication for a specific reason. Reading all the items you get and listening to the npc dialogue is all you need to get fully engaged into the game. Reading another players synopsis or watching YouTube spoilers and lets plays will only hurt your game. You will die in this game, you will get frustrated, it's not easy, but it is fully rewarding once you beat the parts that you die on over and over or discover a hidden item you didn't know was there. It's a story you are supposed to try to figure out. Full on RPG. Play it your way but I reccomend not watching anything until you have played for a few days at least. The non player verbal communication is there for the specific reason of them not wanting players to say, "hey follow me over here, there's a secret" <----this is not the way to play a game

Stoneart

• "There's always time to get your block's off"
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • My music page
    • Awards
  • Xbox: stoneart
  • PSN: Xx_Phoenix_Down_xX
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2016, 01:21:04 AM »
So uhhh, who wants to discuss the game? I did put a spoiler warning on the whole thread
 Where are you guys in the game currently? I'm at the swamp currentlu

Not really sure where any place specific is. I got into the pit of hollows and killed the boss. Are you on pc? Or ps4?

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 4 years on site+1000 posts 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2016, 01:22:35 AM »
No spoilers here, just a warning.

If you plan to play on PC and use mouse/keyboard, make sure you remove any controllers from your PC before you start the game for the first time.

I had a controller plugged in when I first ran the game, and it kind of locked the game into a controller priority mode, which I couldn't find any way to turn off. So all the prompts, early game hints etc where showing controller buttons rather than keys which makes it really hard to learn the controls (have to keep referencing the key bindings screen).

So I thought I'd 'restart' the game, and used the steam 'Remove Local Content' option, thinking it would just remove local settings/data files etc, NOT THE WHOLE BLINKING GAME!@@332. So had to redownload the 17GB again...