Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Dark Souls 3  (Read 19319 times)

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
Re: Dark Souls 3
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2016, 06:31:10 PM »
And Craig as for pontiff, my best advice is to fight him like a black knight. Get a good shield, make sure you are below 70% weight and circle him. Roll when you can. Rolling is the best stragey in this fight, but a 100% shield will help.

He is also weak to fire, or chaos pyromancy. If you have two attunement slots and you have the chaos fireball (which has 0 required stats) you can take his second stage phantom out with ease.

Although, for some killing the phantom makes the fight harder because he is less aggressive with the phantom, and the phantom telegraphs his moves.

If you still have trouble, smon one, just one phantom player. It doesn't give him too much more health and you can use the phantom to heal and take hits.
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Slayde

• ✧ Creative Universe ✧
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Grey BW
  • PSN: RvG_Fade
  • Steam: ✪ Grey ✪
« Reply #171 on: May 18, 2016, 12:42:14 PM »
Going to start a new Morne's roleplay build!
Faith/STR Build

\[T]/ Praise The Sun! ☀️

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #172 on: May 18, 2016, 03:33:14 PM »
And Craig as for pontiff, my best advice is to fight him like a black knight. Get a good shield, make sure you are below 70% weight and circle him. Roll when you can. Rolling is the best stragey in this fight, but a 100% shield will help.

He is also weak to fire, or chaos pyromancy. If you have two attunement slots and you have the chaos fireball (which has 0 required stats) you can take his second stage phantom out with ease.

Although, for some killing the phantom makes the fight harder because he is less aggressive with the phantom, and the phantom telegraphs his moves.

If you still have trouble, smon one, just one phantom player. It doesn't give him too much more health and you can use the phantom to heal and take hits.

Question, Do the 100% shields in DS3 have decent stability? In 1 I always preferred stability to damage resist.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 18, 2016, 05:01:38 PM »

Question, Do the 100% shields in DS3 have decent stability? In 1 I always preferred stability to damage resist.

Some yes, actually most do. The best 100% shield with good stability that is moderately light is the silver knights shield
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #174 on: May 18, 2016, 06:12:37 PM »

Some yes, actually most do. The best 100% shield with good stability that is moderately light is the silver knights shield

I looked it up, It still seems worse (If I read right.) than the Eagle Shield in DS1.

Granted the Eagle Shield is 95% damage reduction, But it had more stability, At around the same weight.

I'd rather take a little HP damage and a little stamina damage than take no HP damage and tons of stamina damage.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2016, 03:59:56 AM »
I'd rather take a little HP damage and a little stamina damage than take no HP damage and tons of stamina damage.

Same. Stamina has always been key to survival on the Dark Souls Series. If you lost it all, you would be done in a fight. Or, at the very least, BADLY injured and in for a soon-to-be You Died screen.

RF In The Jet

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 20, 2016, 10:58:27 AM »
Idk for me I'm able to time my dodges fairly well, so I like a shield that can block 100% for the few times that I will need it
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Slayde

• ✧ Creative Universe ✧
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Grey BW
  • PSN: RvG_Fade
  • Steam: ✪ Grey ✪
« Reply #177 on: May 23, 2016, 12:56:58 PM »
Made a build inspired by this one
Funnest way to play pvp imo.

Dark Souls III: The Forest Assassin

\[T]/ Praise The Sun! ☀️

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #178 on: May 23, 2016, 03:03:36 PM »
So I have been playing on my spearmen build, and found that the greatshield of glory is OP. I got invaded earlier today, and he just kept wailing on it to no avail as I hid behind it and poked him with my greatlance.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
  • Other: 何
« Reply #179 on: May 23, 2016, 08:43:16 PM »
So I have been playing on my spearmen build, and found that the greatshield of glory is OP. I got invaded earlier today, and he just kept wailing on it to no avail as I hid behind it and poked him with my greatlance.
Until you run into that one guy who uses bleed based weaponry and just bleeds you to death.