Author Topic:  Dark Souls 3  (Read 9462 times)

RF Inn The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
Dark Souls 3
« on: March 16, 2016, 03:06:43 PM »

Welcome, to the official Dark Souls 3 thread. There is MASSIVE hype for this game right now, and it is less than a month away now. Now, there is an official SPOILER WARNING for this thread as a whole. Before the game is release, we will most likely talk about what we expect in the game, and once it is release, we will most likely discuss different bosses and game aspects that could be potential spoilers.

APRIL 12th - Release Date (march 28th in Japan)

Here are the opening credits for the game, again - spoiler warning.

Who else is hyped as hell for this? Let's discuss!

« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 03:13:47 PM by RF Inn The Jet »
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
Re: Dark Souls 3
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 03:26:54 PM »
Hype Train, Hype Train! Choo choo!

Kitty

• Legendary Member
  • Here since the beginning c:
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Milkshakez7z
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 12:59:45 AM »
Hype Train, Hype Train! Choo choo!
ALLL ABOOOOOAAARDDDDDDDD

I watched a fair biut of spoilers for it now and... IT LOOKS SO GOOD I CANNOT WAIT

The Gold Knight

• Elite Member
  • Ya hoser
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners 1 year on site+100 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 12:01:20 PM »
I just bought the game through Amazon. The act of owning the game only has me more hyped. This will be the first time I'm part of the game at its peak, instead of getting the game months later.

RF Inn The Jet

• Supreme Member
  • I love this community, You read my name wrong ;)
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Get Inn The Jet
  • PSN: Get_Inn_The_Jet
  • Steam: Get_Inn_The_Jet
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 12:22:44 PM »
I just bought the game through Amazon. The act of owning the game only has me more hyped. This will be the first time I'm part of the game at its peak, instead of getting the game months later.

Same, I got darks souls close to its release, but didn't play it until a long time after, and similar thing with the second. I have kept myself mostly spoiler free, and I cannot wait for it to arrive at my place :D
Host of Communicraft

Thanks GK +Grim

Stoneart

• "There's always time to get your block's off"
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • My music page
    • Awards
  • Xbox: stoneart
  • PSN: Xx_Phoenix_Down_xX
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 03:08:31 PM »
I'm jealous of the guys who took the time to switch their console location to Japan and buy the digital version with a yen psn points card. For 19 extra days. Praise it!

cY Agent 115

• Death to trolls on the forums
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: cY Agent 115
  • Steam: 7TH_Soopy
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 10:39:29 AM »
Saw some guys from IGN play it and they got so scared I can't wait for Dark Souls 3 eeeeeeeeek

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 01:23:29 PM »
Finally. I can come out of hibernation for the third round of punishment. /skull

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 12:46:11 PM »
While you are waiting, I think Lords of the Fallen is still free. It is like a reskined dark souls for xb1 that is pretty good

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2016, 01:57:01 PM »
I considered getting it the other night. I saw it on the Playstation store while browsing.

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 02:58:18 PM »
I considered getting it the other night. I saw it on the Playstation store while browsing.
I like it. I'm not super far in, but it is pretty good so far. It feels like what you would get if Dark Souls was bought by another studio and they tried to reimagine it while keeping the core concepts the same

#BanAtlas

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2016, 04:32:22 PM »
I like it. I'm not super far in, but it is pretty good so far. It feels like what you would get if Dark Souls was bought by another studio and they tried to reimagine it while keeping the core concepts the same

Interesting. Is there multiplayer? I tend to enjoy the Solo portion more than the Multiplayer side. I get the occasional blood lust with my brother but I usually enjoy the story line.

Also, how's the equipment set-up/Character side? Can you make a character, or is the character pre-made and all ready to go?

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2016, 05:01:59 PM »

Interesting. Is there multiplayer? I tend to enjoy the Solo portion more than the Multiplayer side. I get the occasional blood lust with my brother but I usually enjoy the story line.

Also, how's the equipment set-up/Character side? Can you make a character, or is the character pre-made and all ready to go?
I'm not super far into it, I haven't encountered any multiplayer aspects yet. The character creation is probably the weakest part. You play as a set character, and you get to choose from a class and a gear set. I went with the deviever class and medium armor. There are dialogue trees, which is probably the reason for a set character. So far I have only made two decisions through them, and neither seemed very impactful.

Here is some gameplay
https://m.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 05:07:44 PM by Atlas Telamon »

#BanAtlas

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2016, 05:07:27 PM »
I'm not super far into it, I haven't encountered any multiplayer aspects yet. The character creation is probably the weakest part. You play as a set character, and you get to choose from a class and a gear set. I went with the deviever class and medium armor. There are dialogue trees, which is probably the reason for a set character. So far I have only made two decisions through them, and neither seemed very impactful.

Alright that's not so bad. I do enjoy custom character creation, but I can live without it. What other classes do they have, any magic-users?

Atlas Telamon

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2016, 05:12:48 PM »

Alright that's not so bad. I do enjoy custom character creation, but I can live without it. What other classes do they have, any magic-users?
I may be wrong, but I think they were called brawler, deceiver, and mage. All have unique spells. For example, the second spell for the deceiver supposedly has a shadow version of you follow and mimic your movement, doubling your damage by hitting everything a second time.

#BanAtlas