Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Dead Island [Dev Diary 1]  (Read 607 times)

Xian-mei

• View Profile
  • Xbox: KrONic GLaDOS 2
Dead Island [Dev Diary 1]
« on: March 15, 2016, 12:20:50 AM »
Hello miners, I felt like making a video to showcase my world before it undergoes changes in design. I also wanted to go in depth and reveal some new stuff such as, bungalow prototypes that will replace the old outdated squared bungalows, a preview at the defense feature, and a glimpse of a custom character that will be included once the avatar/animation update is released.
I hope you enjoy this video and feel free to ask questions  ^-^ I may produce another video dedicated to one of Valve's video games later on in the future. For best results: enable 720p or 1080p / wear headphones "optional"  ::)
                                                                                               -Xian mei

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: Dead Island [Dev Diary 1]
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 05:07:39 PM »
2 things.
1: Why do you use Rupture rather than OrigHD? Personally, I think origHD's natural elements will look better for the map, And it will better suit the more modern buildings in the city and shore areas.

2: If you would like, I'm sure I could make the 4 main characters in DI as custom avatars for you.
http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=14806.0 I am no stranger to them.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Xian-mei

• View Profile
  • Xbox: KrONic GLaDOS 2
Re: Dead Island [Dev Diary 1]
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 05:33:08 PM »
2 things.
1: Why do you use Rupture rather than OrigHD? Personally, I think origHD's natural elements will look better for the map, And it will better suit the more modern buildings in the city and shore areas.

2: If you would like, I'm sure I could make the 4 main characters in DI as custom avatars for you.
http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=14806.0 I am no stranger to them.

I guess I like the gritty aspect of Rupture, it sort of gives the world an overall apocalyptic atmosphere plus there are some neat textures that adds some realism, which I appeal to. I used to use Original HD, but sometimes it's just too clean or some texture combinations don't really work out well.

Yeah, that would be great ! I feel like including some other characters too and I also felt like including new survivors; plus I also felt like designing the infected placeholders . I'll probably sketch out these character's/ enemies later on to give an idea.