Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  2.0 General Discussion  (Read 41964 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
Re: 2.0 General Discussion
« Reply #520 on: February 16, 2014, 11:52:42 PM »
So you'd save a component chest with the contents you want inside, then write the script so it pastes the new chest over the old one.
You could do it by having the script paste a component with a chest in it, or you could do it with the script AddInventory command. Either way will work.

I'm guessing you could write one script that replaces every chest on the map at once.
certainly

The White Rabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
« Reply #521 on: February 16, 2014, 11:58:40 PM »
Then all of my doubts are gone. The only thing I will now worry is if people keep looting the same chests however I will find away round it.

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?

Pringle

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: pringle2009
« Reply #522 on: February 16, 2014, 11:58:54 PM »
That sound great!
 So basicly you can refresh everything on the world at once. This is great for rpgs's, including my world, because I was just planning on starting a new session to refresh it. Is it Also possible to refresh players inventores?

And If I wanted to let people build barricades I could use scripts to "refresh" them so they arent permanent.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:05:21 AM by Pringle »
https://m.

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
« Reply #523 on: February 17, 2014, 01:15:57 AM »
Then all of my doubts are gone. The only thing I will now worry is if people keep looting the same chests however I will find away round it.

Perhaps have the "chest refill" script activate by a pressure plate being stepped on, quite a distance away. That way when the player is walking away from the chest, they will in-advertently step on the plate, refilling it for the next customer.
You make me smile!

amos

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 17, 2014, 01:23:46 AM »
Perhaps have the "chest refill" script activate by a pressure plate being stepped on, quite a distance away. That way when the player is walking away from the chest, they will in-advertently step on the plate, refilling it for the next customer.

I'm not sure exactly what the Sundial Block does (is it a power producing block?), but maybe it can used with Script Blocks to power them at certain times.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #525 on: February 17, 2014, 01:35:52 AM »
I'm not sure exactly what the Sundial Block does (is it a power producing block?), but maybe it can used with Script Blocks to power them at certain times.
Both these options would work. The Sundial block would allow a refresh every game hour.

amos

• View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 17, 2014, 03:01:59 AM »
Both these options would work. The Sundial block would allow a refresh every game hour.

So if I had a Sundial with a Script Block that pastes another Sundial with a Script Block with the refresh script, will I be able to space the times out a bit more?

I suppose I'd have to remove the first Sundial or Script block in script #1, then replace it in #2.

Well, the basic idea would be to make a series of scripts/sundials to make a timed event that executes the end script less frequently than once a game hour.

Or maybe Sundials could be configured to deliver power at any which hours you want. Sorry, I know it's kind of late to suggest changes that could cause unforeseen problems, but looking forward to them regardless. :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 03:34:29 AM by amos »

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #527 on: February 18, 2014, 07:13:46 AM »
Items in shops & their prices Yes. If the shop uses the players default price list, the price list will transfer over to the pasters default price list. If the shop has its own price list, this will be retained.
I need to rethink this. If an economized shop is pasted, should ownership be retained, and therefor use the original owners price list if that is what it was using, or should ownership of the shop be transferred to the paster.

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #528 on: February 18, 2014, 08:06:01 AM »
pasted shops should keep there prices used for them

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #529 on: February 18, 2014, 12:20:00 PM »
@Craig,
Did you lower the damage arrows can do?
You mentioned you added some new bows which have different damage, want to know if you lowed the arrows to balance them out more?
Don't want people 1 hitting everyone XD

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester