Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  2.0 General Discussion  (Read 40006 times)

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
Re: 2.0 General Discussion
« Reply #230 on: September 14, 2013, 03:19:19 AM »
or Magneto where we generates a bridge under his feet as he walks. You just can't stop walking...
or if you put a pressure plate that moves component 1 block over.. You could create a bridge that walks with you. Place them right and you can create a platform that moves whichever direction you want...right?

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Silver

• Elite Member
  • I write stories. What else do you need to know?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 14, 2013, 05:41:34 AM »
or if you put a pressure plate that moves component 1 block over.. You could create a bridge that walks with you. Place them right and you can create a platform that moves whichever direction you want...right?

As long as it's possible to move the script block that executes the script I guess.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #232 on: September 14, 2013, 05:58:59 AM »
As long as it's possible to move the script block that executes the script I guess.
I'm not sure how moving the script block would do anything.

[Edit]Unless you mean moving different script blocks into different positions causing different scripts to get executed, depending on what the player does, then yes that would work, but it would also probably be very complex to set up.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 07:03:21 AM by Craig »

Silver

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 14, 2013, 07:47:24 AM »
I'm not sure how moving the script block would do anything.

[Edit]Unless you mean moving different script blocks into different positions causing different scripts to get executed, depending on what the player does, then yes that would work, but it would also probably be very complex to set up.

What I meant was if a script block could move itself, but thanks for the info :)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #234 on: September 14, 2013, 07:56:02 AM »
What I meant was if a script block could move itself, but thanks for the info :)
A script block could move itself, but that wouldn't achieve anything, because it still runs the same script regardless of where it is.

In fact, if a script block moved itself to another position, and was executed again, it would delete itself because it's move block command would replace itself with whatever block is at the script blocks original position.

I could add a script command that would allow you to assign a different script to the same script block, but I suspect that would cause players a lot of frustration, when they can't work out why they're not getting the result they want (from a mistake they've made in their logic). Then again, a player could create a 'reset' script which would set everything back to an original state, allowing them to test their system step by step, so maybe it might be useful.

Iceninja

• Elite Member
  • Just call me Ice ^-^
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Mist Of reality
« Reply #235 on: September 14, 2013, 08:23:30 AM »
i just wish we had Sheeps and cows  ::)

RHYMES! :D
Ice i will say, freeze i shall obey.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #236 on: September 14, 2013, 08:40:30 AM »
i just wish we had Sheeps and cows  ::)
Don't worry, they'll be sheep and cows on release. In fact there are 2 types of wooly animals (sheep being 1 of them), and 2 types of cows.

The White Rabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
« Reply #237 on: September 14, 2013, 08:45:35 AM »
Oh please say the second one is a llama please o:

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?

MountainDewIt

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: cooldude013
« Reply #238 on: September 14, 2013, 09:56:53 AM »
A bull possibly? And maybe a goat or llama?

Silver

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 14, 2013, 10:30:11 AM »
A script block could move itself, but that wouldn't achieve anything, because it still runs the same script regardless of where it is.

In fact, if a script block moved itself to another position, and was executed again, it would delete itself because it's move block command would replace itself with whatever block is at the script blocks original position.

I could add a script command that would allow you to assign a different script to the same script block, but I suspect that would cause players a lot of frustration, when they can't work out why they're not getting the result they want (from a mistake they've made in their logic). Then again, a player could create a 'reset' script which would set everything back to an original state, allowing them to test their system step by step, so maybe it might be useful.

Oh, I thought that the move block moved blocks by a certain amount, not specific coordinates. I just checked the script list. Sorry the confusion :3

Also I realised that a self-contained moving vehicle wouldn't work anyway, as it moves blocks at certain coordinates.