Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  2.0 General Discussion  (Read 43945 times)

K1ngpwn02

• View Profile
  • Xbox: K1ngpwn02
Re: 2.0 General Discussion
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2013, 10:08:37 AM »
Hmmm well this was nice news to see upon my return to the forums. I can't wait for this update! Craig always goes above and beyond-  circuitry would've been enough for me, but now he's adding a new combat system, all these freaking items, and more. I just hope this update doesn't take a whole year to get out....

Why yes, I did make the above banner! What's this? You want one for yourself? Why, of course I can provide one!

nbond3040

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2013, 06:37:28 AM »
I don't think we should be forced in combat for 10 seconds because if I join a server as soon as I join someone that's a higher level or has better equipment will kill me and take my spawn items and I don't want to be forced to be still in bow combat either because someone might start on top of a hill while I'm at the bottom and then I'm forced to stand there and take shots from him since he has the better position I think you should add more things that add skill to the combat system like in smash bros add mechanics that make it easy to learn but hard to master

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2013, 06:57:29 AM »
I don't think we should be forced in combat for 10 seconds because if I join a server as soon as I join someone that's a higher level or has better equipment will kill me and take my spawn items and I don't want to be forced to be still in bow combat either because someone might start on top of a hill while I'm at the bottom and then I'm forced to stand there and take shots from him since he has the better position I think you should add more things that add skill to the combat system like in smash bros add mechanics that make it easy to learn but hard to master
Hosts should make spawn zones non PvP.
Only the shooter would be unable to move during the shot (about 1-2 secs).
3rd person mechanics don't always convert well to 1st person, but i'm looking at various mechanics, so nothing is confirmed yet.

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2013, 08:07:17 AM »
What if someone doesn't have anything, for then he attempts too run? Will he be prevented because of the combat lock? If so, I think it's a little much. Someone could break their sword in the middle of battle, but still be forced to stay put, and therefore, death happens, loses endless GP, and the winner leaves with the GP.
-Alionz

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2013, 08:15:32 AM »
I'm the first to admit it's not perfect. There are times it won't be fair. But is the alternative better? I guess we'll find out during testing. It won't be added if it doesn't make the combat better and more fun.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2013, 01:35:03 PM »
how does the ring and necklace moulds work? do they involve the obsidian gem stone?

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

s0m3b0de

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2013, 02:05:15 PM »
I dont understand? When does it happen and why, like iif i get close to a person i freeze or something? How does the system know when to do it?

K1ngpwn02

• View Profile
  • Xbox: K1ngpwn02
« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2013, 05:52:34 PM »
I dont understand? When does it happen and why, like iif i get close to a person i freeze or something? How does the system know when to do it?

^This. I could see this system causing so many glitches. And personally, I like the "awkward dancing" combat. I really don't like the idea of freezing....

Why yes, I did make the above banner! What's this? You want one for yourself? Why, of course I can provide one!

nbond3040

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2013, 06:50:39 PM »
will this work like an rpg where if I get within 10 blocks of a monster or someone a bubble will appear around us and we can't leave the bubble or will it be like once someone attacks we auto lock on to this person and we can't move our cursor we can only move our body

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2013, 06:59:56 PM »
For melee, I wasn't thinking of freezing, just locking the combatants into combat so they cannot dance away so easily. You'd still be able to move and look around (for aiming purposes), just not go out of range.