Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  2.0 General Discussion  (Read 39618 times)

TacitGrunt

• Disciple of Tigerhawk
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: TacitGrunt
Re: 2.0 General Discussion
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2013, 02:35:56 PM »
Quote from: Craig
This image shows the new power blocks - in the center of the frame.
And existing blocks affected by power on the edges of the frame.

Spoiler for image:

cool..
looks like the block column on the left is; Turret, Safe, Receiver

Column two: Ambient block > C4 > Powered light > Not sure. some kind of dial (what is this? frequency shifter?) > Pressure plate > Trap door!

Then: Chest > Script block? > Transmitter

..is that right?

all look great. button nd switch too.
I believe that is right, and for that dial thing, I think it is a frequency/ distance adjuster, and maybe that is what we put uranium inside? hmm
It's a sundial

^--Made by Shakez                            Made by Me--V

Check out my map: http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=1864.0

TacitGrunt

• Disciple of Tigerhawk
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2013, 04:37:45 PM »
timer block for the sun dial-y thing?
Not sure. some kind of dial (what is this? frequency shifter)

Looks like a timer to me.
It's a sundial

James

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2013, 04:51:28 PM »

Spoiler for image:

cool..

Column two: Ambient block > C4 > Powered light > Not sure. some kind of dial (what is this? frequency shifter?) > Pressure plate > Trap door!

..is that right?

I believe that is right, and for that dial thing, I think it is a frequency/ distance adjuster, and maybe that is what we put uranium inside? hmm
It's a sundial

I guess there are similarities, but if it is a Sun dial, then I think it would look much better if it was a 3D looking Sun dial like a real Sun dial. were it would have a 3D dial part on top of it and some cool design on the sides/ bottom.

(edit)
Yep I checked, using a Roman numeral converter, there are numbers 1-12 on it. Also, I wonder if when we place the Sun dial down, if the Sun dial would be facing the right direction (I think it is supposed to have the pointy thing face North?) if so, that would be cool.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 04:56:24 PM by James »

TacitGrunt

• Disciple of Tigerhawk
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2013, 04:55:49 PM »

Spoiler for image:

cool..

..is that right?

It's a sundial

I guess there are similarities, but if it is a Sun dial, then I think it would look much better if it was a 3D looking Sun dial like a real Sun dial. were it would have a 3D dial part on top of it and some cool design on the sides/ bottom.
I think the sundial is gonna be a block that gives power when the sun is up and not a clock.
Also, proof the sundial is being added: http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=309.0 post 3, number 168

Edit: also, notice how the sundial block goes to the roman numeral for 12 then goes to 1
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 04:59:20 PM by TacitGrunt »

James

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2013, 05:03:16 PM »

Spoiler for image:

cool..

..is that right?

It's a sundial

I think the sundial is gonna be a block that gives power when the sun is up and not a clock.
Also, proof the sundial is being added: http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=309.0 post 3, number 168
I tried to find where Craig said this, but he said that what he wanted is some kind of "inverter" where the sun will give power to the Sun dial block and then when there is no light given to it (Sun goes down) then the power is released from the block. maybe Craig will make it so the block will be able to have a switch where you can activate/ deactivate the "inverter".

TacitGrunt

• Disciple of Tigerhawk
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2013, 05:10:11 PM »

Spoiler for image:

cool..

..is that right?

It's a sundial

I tried to find where Craig said this, but he said that what he wanted is some kind of "inverter" where the sun will give power to the Sun dial block and then when there is no light given to it (Sun goes down) then the power is released from the block. maybe Craig will make it so the block will be able to have a switch where you can activate/ deactivate the "inverter".
Also notice how the block in question has the roman numeral for 12 at the top and the next number is 1, like a clock or a sundial

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2013, 05:46:56 PM »
I always wanted a clock.
-Alionz

James

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2013, 09:54:15 PM »
I think it is weird that Craig is taking so long to update the 2.0 info page. every day I go on the page hoping it would say that there was either a new post or a new edit.

muD

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2013, 10:01:16 PM »
I think it is weird that Craig is taking so long to update the 2.0 info page. every day I go on the page hoping it would say that there was either a new post or a new edit.
I imagine there is a lot of testing to do with the new features. they seem like the kind of things that give so many options that it will inevitably take time covering all the possible ways to potentially break them & then 'fix them.

or maybe there is just no need to rush. 1.92 has no real probs, does it?

Vandrew

• Elite Member
  • The official Battlefield Merc
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: BEEF STEW476
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2013, 10:12:18 PM »
Yeah, this update is taking a little bit of time, but who want's another rushed update? I sure don't! The last time we had a rushed update, the shops wouldn't work afterward. And the time before that, maps and save files were corrupted!
Give the man some time, remember he does other things besides program this game. He has a family to deal with, as well as other obstacles in his daily life. So if some of these updates take a little bit longer, remember that they're being worked on with care and passion, not some industry's lust for money.

So go on, let your imagination loose, 'cause the only thing limiting you is your world size.