Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  2.0 General Discussion  (Read 44038 times)

almantux11

• Physics is never easy
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: almantux11
  • Steam: almantux111
Re: 2.0 General Discussion
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2013, 07:37:42 AM »
I don't know but this goes to any update there will be... I just wished there was no lag in DD worlds when playing online that has over 1.0MB and I wished there was no lag on Creative worlds that are over 3.0MB.. :)
Define lag
Lag: When mining blocks in DD especially when I was in Liam's world the blocks wouldn't go into my inventory they would just float, after like a minute they would... The world randomly disconnects me.
In Creative: The game stops for like 0.3 seconds, which when moving around or doing an obstacle course, when you try jump you don't and fall and die.. and it's literally just annoying. Also, sometimes people don't move when they move lol. Then just appear in a random place.
One thing I forgot to mention in my original post is having to wait half an hour when joining a world, that's the worst out of all for me.
None of those problems are related to the maps file size.
Well, whatever it is related to I just wished it was gone.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2013, 07:50:28 AM »
So do I.

When mining blocks in DD especially when I was in Liam's world the blocks wouldn't go into my inventory they would just float, after like a minute they would...
This only happens when you have just loaded into a heavily built up world. There is basically too much data to send and not enough bandwidth. XBLIG's got the short straw from MS regarding bandwidth, XBLIG's are starved of bandwidth, compared with XBLA. It's even worse if players in the world are using game chat (not party chat), because that literally sucks up half the already tiny bandwidth we are allocated. Once a good amount of the surrounding world has had a chance to load, the problem with the blocks settles down. Just needs a few minutes.

The world randomly disconnects me.
I've had this happen to me a few times, but it doesn't happen often.

In Creative: The game stops for like 0.3 seconds, which when moving around or doing an obstacle course, when you try jump you don't and fall and die.. and it's literally just annoying.
I think this is something to do with NPC's. Unfortunately challenge map builders have a tendency to spawn hundreds of NPC's all over the place, and these are the #1 cause of this lag, and challenge maps are the one place you don't want this lag. Once the bulk of the map is received from the host, the problem settles down.

Also, sometimes people don't move when they move lol. Then just appear in a random place.
Same as the blocks problem. Just too much information and not enough bandwidth. Again it settles down once some of the surrounding map has had a chance to load.

One thing I forgot to mention in my original post is having to wait half an hour when joining a world, that's the worst out of all for me.
That is not common. I've joined over 50 maps since 1.8 was released and I've never had to wait more than 6 minutes.

almantux11

• Physics is never easy
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: almantux11
  • Steam: almantux111
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2013, 07:56:30 AM »
So do I.
Can you not make that happen since you're like the programmer of the game and all?

When mining blocks in DD especially when I was in Liam's world the blocks wouldn't go into my inventory they would just float, after like a minute they would...
This only happens when you have just loaded into a heavily built up world. There is basically too much data to send and not enough bandwidth. XBLIG's got the short straw from MS regarding bandwidth, XBLIG's are starved of bandwidth, compared with XBLA. It's even worse if players in the world are using game chat (not party chat), because that literally sucks up half the already tiny bandwidth we are allocated. Once a good amount of the surrounding world has had a chance to load, the problem with the blocks settles down. Just needs a few minutes.

The world randomly disconnects me.
I've had this happen to me a few times, but it doesn't happen often.

In Creative: The game stops for like 0.3 seconds, which when moving around or doing an obstacle course, when you try jump you don't and fall and die.. and it's literally just annoying.
I think this is something to do with NPC's. Unfortunately challenge map builders have a tendency to spawn hundreds of NPC's all over the place, and these are the #1 cause of this lag, and challenge maps are the one place you don't want this lag. Once the bulk of the map is received from the host, the problem settles down.
I have 3 I think in my world... And they are invisible too sometimes. But the lag still happens.

Also, sometimes people don't move when they move lol. Then just appear in a random place.
Same as the blocks problem. Just too much information and not enough bandwidth. Again it settles down once some of the surrounding map has had a chance to load.

That is not common. I've joined over 50 maps since 1.8 was released and I've never had to wait more than 6 minutes.
Is this because of the internet maybe?

Thank you for all the information above :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:59:16 AM by almantux11 »

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2013, 03:05:32 PM »
i figured it might be internet

atm my internet i use a hospitals wifi and therefore its not the best
i can hardly play bo2 for the most part bcs i fluctuate from 3 bars down to 1 for a few secs and back to 2/3.on a good day ill have 3 bars for a while but after 5-10 games ill start lagging......alot of times if im in game,especially during league play.....playing and i d/c off live then that freezes my xbox to where i power off/of.

its strong enough to use the forums and host maps but ppl can barely connect...a few times at 1st i had a full lobby...but now ppl can barely conect....some can load onto map but cant move but smne else who joins could...when my friend was checking trial island out on my tv it showed he wasnt moving and then a min or 2 his avatar moved to a 2nd spot and didnt move again   even though he was saying how he was getting attacked by mobs and i wasnt/how they didnt go after me.......then when he exited the game 3-5 mins i was still on the map moving around and i finally got the game has ended pop up

so yeah i think conection might have a little part in lag
oh and 1 thing i noticed is sometimes randomly your avatar will get hurt like smne was punching you.even though noone was by you and/or you was flying..
prob from lag

James

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2013, 04:47:44 PM »
What is Instanced Chests? I got no idea what they are and what you mean?

Pride

• Legendary Member
  • A new begining
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Denied Pride
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2013, 09:32:41 PM »

Woodfox26

• View Profile
  • Xbox: woodfox26
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2013, 10:21:16 PM »
This was my idea! oh well at least it's in te game and that's all that counts

Pride

• Legendary Member
  • A new begining
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2013, 01:02:23 AM »
Craig, will their be more rares in 2.0?
If so, then how many?

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2013, 01:04:59 AM »
This was my idea! oh well at least it's in te game and that's all that counts
Actually, this idea has made the rounds on the forum (new and old) at least 20 times, in varying forms, but the core idea is the same.

Pride

• Legendary Member
  • A new begining
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2013, 01:09:29 AM »
It does not matter whos idea it was.... It just matters that its being implemented..