Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  2.0 General Discussion  (Read 41325 times)

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
Re: 2.0 General Discussion
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 03:38:48 AM »
personally i think the current sound when in water sould weird/little lame
it sounds like youre dipping your foot or toes in water.kind of weird to hear when you jump 30 ft into a lake and it sounds like youe testing the temp.....

would it be possible to add more ambient sounds?

Geneo

• Elite Member
  • The Stig knows………... but he ain't telling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 05:32:21 AM »
I don't understand upside-down stairs at all.  I can understand where they'd make the interior of a roof not so 'lumpy', but the outside of the roof still looks the same.
What we need is a 'double upside-down stair', where the top and the bottom both look like a stair (from the side it kinda looks like a "Z").  That would improve both the interior and exterior of roofs, etc.

Now about the powered circuit thing.
I really like the idea that you don't need a transmitter/receiver to simply use a 'local' pressure plate to open a door (you only need them to transmit power over distances).  Course we don't know (and Craig probably hasn't even figured out yet) how far 'local' reaches (will it turn on all the lights in an set area or just the one next to the switch?) 

We probably need a separate thread about how this whole "powered circuit" thing will work after Craig works it out, so there's no sense in trying to get into the details yet.

Personally, I'm not a RPG lover/maker so I could care less about transmitters or receivers.  As long as a door opens when my little pixel person steps on a pressure plate I'm fine.  Not into "lights"- torches work just fine.  (But I know the RPGers out there are licking their chops).

DoggishKhan

• Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: DoggishKhan
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 09:41:49 PM »
I don't understand upside-down stairs at all.  I can understand where they'd make the interior of a roof not so 'lumpy', but the outside of the roof still looks the same.
What we need is a 'double upside-down stair', where the top and the bottom both look like a stair (from the side it kinda looks like a "Z").  That would improve both the interior and exterior of roofs, etc.

Now about the powered circuit thing.
I really like the idea that you don't need a transmitter/receiver to simply use a 'local' pressure plate to open a door (you only need them to transmit power over distances).  Course we don't know (and Craig probably hasn't even figured out yet) how far 'local' reaches (will it turn on all the lights in an set area or just the one next to the switch?) 

We probably need a separate thread about how this whole "powered circuit" thing will work after Craig works it out, so there's no sense in trying to get into the details yet.

Personally, I'm not a RPG lover/maker so I could care less about transmitters or receivers.  As long as a door opens when my little pixel person steps on a pressure plate I'm fine.  Not into "lights"- torches work just fine.  (But I know the RPGers out there are licking their chops).
if you had upside down stairs and ramps you could just put them on the backside of the normal staits and ramps to make them look better, and it allows the possibility for more detail all around for builders.

Pride

• Legendary Member
  • A new begining
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Denied Pride
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 10:48:35 PM »
A little early for this topic? Ohh, well :)
Can't wait for all the new features, my favorite? Electronics /assassin

muD

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2013, 06:16:50 AM »
i mostly look forward to crafting a cattle-prod and making you my cattle. bit chiz. get in the gate

well, thats if we have gates & cattle prods. yar

almantux11

• Physics is never easy
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: almantux11
  • Steam: almantux111
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 06:32:21 AM »
I don't know but this goes to any update there will be... I just wished there was no lag in DD worlds when playing online that has over 1.0MB and I wished there was no lag on Creative worlds that are over 3.0MB.. :)

Herobrine

• He's watching
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: TheWorld99
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 06:41:17 AM »
I, agree with the water sound & when they say survival mode improvements, do they mean more mobs?

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 07:21:00 AM »
I don't know but this goes to any update there will be... I just wished there was no lag in DD worlds when playing online that has over 1.0MB and I wished there was no lag on Creative worlds that are over 3.0MB.. :)
Define lag

almantux11

• Physics is never easy
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: almantux11
  • Steam: almantux111
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 07:26:18 AM »
Define lag
Lag: When mining blocks in DD especially when I was in Liam's world the blocks wouldn't go into my inventory they would just float, after like a minute they would... The world randomly disconnects me.
In Creative: The game stops for like 0.3 seconds, which when moving around or doing an obstacle course, when you try jump you don't and fall and die.. and it's literally just annoying. Also, sometimes people don't move when they move lol. Then just appear in a random place.

One thing I forgot to mention in my original post is having to wait half an hour when joining a world, that's the worst out of all for me.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2013, 07:36:29 AM »
Define lag
Lag: When mining blocks in DD especially when I was in Liam's world the blocks wouldn't go into my inventory they would just float, after like a minute they would... The world randomly disconnects me.
In Creative: The game stops for like 0.3 seconds, which when moving around or doing an obstacle course, when you try jump you don't and fall and die.. and it's literally just annoying. Also, sometimes people don't move when they move lol. Then just appear in a random place.
One thing I forgot to mention in my original post is having to wait half an hour when joining a world, that's the worst out of all for me.
None of those problems are related to the maps file size.