Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  2.0 General Discussion  (Read 40808 times)

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
Re: 2.0 General Discussion
« Reply #530 on: February 18, 2014, 12:33:45 PM »
@Craig,
Did you lower the damage arrows can do?
You mentioned you added some new bows which have different damage, want to know if you lowed the arrows to balance them out more?
Don't want people 1 hitting everyone XD
I'm sure that with the best bow and titanium arrows, you could probably one or two hit an unarmored opponent. But now that we have armor, the better bows should probably help archers do good damage against armored opponents instead of becoming useless when someone is wearing full titanium

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

muD

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 18, 2014, 02:17:51 PM »
I need to rethink this. If an economized shop is pasted, should ownership be retained, and therefor use the original owners price list if that is what it was using, or should ownership of the shop be transferred to the paster.
If it's any help..
As the paster, I would want ownership of all/any shops I paste.

If a shop was set to use the default price list of its original owner, I would prefer it to revert to my default price list - Giving me ownership.

If a shop was set to use its own price list and had any inventory stocks, I would prefer it to keep those settings if I am given ownership. Otherwise I'd prefer for it to paste in a default shop.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 02:20:12 PM by muD »

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #532 on: February 18, 2014, 04:49:43 PM »
@Craig,
Did you lower the damage arrows can do?
You mentioned you added some new bows which have different damage, want to know if you lowed the arrows to balance them out more?
Don't want people 1 hitting everyone XD

Like all combat now, arrows do not inflict the same damage (max hit) every time they hit an opponent. They inflict anywhere from 0 - Max Hit damage based on the roll of a dice (and Strength plays a part). All arrow Max Hit values have been changed to compensate for this.

Bows do not control the Max Hit, the arrows do. Bows affect your stats, so the better the stats, the better the chance you will cause damage if the arrow finds it's target (amongst over things). If it is determined damage has been caused, it's the arrow that determines how much damage.

One hit kills can happen, but only if the killer is a high level ranger using high level arrows and the killed is a very low level player or mob. And it's the same for melee.

Using my battle simulator to test, I'm confident the balancing is pretty good. There will probably be some cases where the balance is not quite right. We'll work through those as we get feedback after release.

One thing I will let slip, the arrow is more important than the bow. A player using a higher level arrow but a weaker bow will usually win, but not always. There is never an 'always' as the dice element can throw everything out the window. I guess it's fair to say a Combat Level 99 player fully kitted out in Titanium Armor, using a Titanium Battle Axe and the best combat jewellery will 'always' beat a Combat Level 1 player, with no armor and using his fist. But that is still not a 100% 'always', it is a %99.9999999999 'always'. And that percentage decreases as the difference between the skill levels and equipment used decreases.

tl;dr One hit kills are possible, but only if the Max Hit of the weapon used is equal or higher than the Max Health of the player hit.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:04:36 PM by Craig »

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #533 on: February 18, 2014, 04:54:56 PM »
Thanks alot, that is exactly what i wanted to hear.  :D
That battle simulator must of saved you alot of time over the course of the 2.0 update o.o

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #534 on: February 18, 2014, 05:03:11 PM »
Thanks alot, that is exactly what i wanted to hear.  :D
That battle simulator must of saved you alot of time over the course of the 2.0 update o.o
Yea, it saved a lot of time, and also has made for much better balancing. But the simulator only simulates two fighters going at it toe to toe, it does not take into account players moving around, in and out of range of each other.

FeAr x SN1P3z

• Elite Member
  • FeAr Inc.
    • View Profile
    • Batman!
  • Xbox: FeAr x SN1P3z
« Reply #535 on: February 18, 2014, 05:05:20 PM »
Yea, it saved a lot of time, and also has made for much better balancing. But the simulator only simulates two fighters going at it toe to toe, it does not take into account players moving around, in and out of range of each other.
What are the Bows?
NextGenerationBuilder~Challenge
    The Total Miner World Alliance Group~Member
            Sublime Craft Building Team~Member
                         [A.G.E.N.T.S]~Agent.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #536 on: February 18, 2014, 05:09:03 PM »
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:11:31 PM by Craig »

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #537 on: February 18, 2014, 05:14:15 PM »
-Alionz

Dominator24

• Koala of the Forums
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: DAGANATOR3
« Reply #538 on: February 18, 2014, 05:18:51 PM »
Always looking for new people to play TM with. Message if your interested.

FeAr x SN1P3z

• Elite Member
  • FeAr Inc.
    • View Profile
    • Batman!
  • Xbox: FeAr x SN1P3z
« Reply #539 on: February 18, 2014, 05:51:06 PM »
I Know what you mean.  ;)
NextGenerationBuilder~Challenge
    The Total Miner World Alliance Group~Member
            Sublime Craft Building Team~Member