Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  2.0 General Discussion  (Read 41995 times)

Geneo

• Elite Member
  • The Stig knows………... but he ain't telling.
    • View Profile
Re: 2.0 General Discussion
« Reply #450 on: December 22, 2013, 07:12:59 PM »
Can I ask what the big deal is about upside-down stairs?  Is it to make the inside of ceilings more detailed?  Doesn't that also loose detail on the outside of roofs?  I just don't see why people think they're 'important'.

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #451 on: December 22, 2013, 07:43:16 PM »
Can I ask what the big deal is about upside-down stairs?  Is it to make the inside of ceilings more detailed?  Doesn't that also loose detail on the outside of roofs?  I just don't see why people think they're 'important'.
I use them mostly for pillars. Detail isn't necessary, but sometimes it won't hurt. Unless your lazy, then it would.
-Alionz

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #452 on: December 22, 2013, 09:17:54 PM »
they aren't that important, but they do add the ability to put a bit more detail to your work

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Dauntless395

• Legendary Member
  • The Ecchi King
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Dauntless395
  • PSN: Dauntless395
« Reply #453 on: December 22, 2013, 10:23:51 PM »

This is probably my most desired content for v2.0. Im looking to make arched hallways and finish the exterior of certain buildings. Without them, my builds are on hold until it is implemented.
You make me smile!

DiamondBack662

• Legendary Member
  • Pauperes commilitones Christi Templique Solomonici
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: DiamondBack662
  • Steam: DiamondBack662
« Reply #454 on: December 23, 2013, 04:38:09 PM »
As of now, flippable stairs and ramps are not in the 2.0 release. I was rather bummed about them missing but apparently they weren't an immediate priority... As 2.0 is not out yet, no one can be 100% sure that Craig won't add them before the release. If in doubt about something like this... it's just simple to ask the Testers. They play with the releases before we do.

RXZ x REPLAYZz

« Reply #455 on: December 23, 2013, 05:17:20 PM »
As of now, flippable stairs and ramps are not in the 2.0 release. I was rather bummed about them missing but apparently they weren't an immediate priority... As 2.0 is not out yet, no one can be 100% sure that Craig won't add them before the release. If in doubt about something like this... it's just simple to ask the Testers. They play with the releases before we do.
Doubt you will get anything out of Quad though haha...

DiamondBack662

• Legendary Member
  • Pauperes commilitones Christi Templique Solomonici
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: DiamondBack662
  • Steam: DiamondBack662
« Reply #456 on: December 23, 2013, 08:14:55 PM »
Doubt you will get anything out of Quad though haha...

You won't get anything out of any of them if it's supposed to be on the DL... otherwise, things that aren't being witheld are simple enough to find out about...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 03:14:22 PM by DiamondBack662 »

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #457 on: December 27, 2013, 05:19:55 AM »
Upside down stairs are useful I used tp use them in minecraft before I quit for TMF

amos

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 27, 2013, 05:37:30 PM »
Can anyone answer if multiple receivers and transmitters can be chained together to carry a signal over 64 blocks away?

Say for instance, I wanted to make a circuit of transmitters and receivers into a "Power Station" of sorts:

1. Make the main switch for the "Power Station" and connect a transmitter, setting its frequency to 200.
2. Make a "junction box" at the maximum transmitter range with a receiver set to frequency 200 connected to  another transmitter set to frequency 201.
3. Add an "AND" (i think..)Logic Gate to existing receivers in the 201 area.  Now if the "Power Station" switch is not "On" objects in the 201 "Grid" (more of a sphere, right?)  will not be able to become powered (unless of course, they are powered locally or don't have the 201 AND Logic Gate).

If this is the case, is there a limitation to the distance such signals could be chained?

Sorry if my example was hard to understand.  I'm probably taking the wrong approach to this.  ::)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 05:00:08 PM by amos »

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #459 on: December 28, 2013, 03:31:26 AM »
Can anyone answer if multiple receivers and transmitters can be chained together to carry a signal over 64 blocks away?
Yes

If this is the case, is there a limitation to the distance such signals could be chained?
No