Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  2.0 General Discussion  (Read 40822 times)

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
Re: 2.0 General Discussion
« Reply #330 on: October 11, 2013, 05:13:04 PM »
I have a question about the new A.I

If you are in the vision cone and a mob comes to forwards you would placing a 6 block wall in front of you quickly make the mob wander straight away?

If a mob can see the player, and then the player hides behind a block, the mob will remember the player is there for a short time and continue to regard/chase/attack. If the player does not eventually return into the mobs vision, the mob will forget the player was there and return to wandering.
-Alionz

urlag

• I'm lost
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: urlag
« Reply #331 on: October 12, 2013, 04:31:32 AM »
How good is the mobs AI?
 If I was being chased and then build a 6 block wide wall to block the vision, would it think about walking around the wall (7 blocks along) or just try and walk into/bash at the wall
Don't drink and script,
 you'll regret it in the morning

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #332 on: October 12, 2013, 04:54:45 AM »
If I was being chased and then build a 6 block wide wall to block the vision, would it think about walking around the wall (7 blocks along) or just try and walk into/bash at the wall
No, that would require path finding, which they don't have yet. Path finding is a core requirement to improve the AI further.

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #333 on: October 12, 2013, 08:06:11 AM »
No, that would require path finding, which they don't have yet. Path finding is a core requirement to improve the AI further.
It might be just me, but once you add PathFinding, can you not affect undead mobs? I just think since they are dead with no brain that they would think that they could walk through walls. Any other mobs I'm find with.
-Alionz

Iceninja

• Elite Member
  • Just call me Ice ^-^
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Mist Of reality
« Reply #334 on: October 12, 2013, 09:51:15 AM »
im just being really being pacient for the farming and skills videos to show how it works in Totalminer. I have been waiting for these videos for a while now....and i shall keep waiting! ::)

RHYMES! :D
Ice i will say, freeze i shall obey.

amos

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 13, 2013, 01:55:05 PM »
Will sentry turrets now be using these new field of view cones (frustums) to acquire and fire upon their targets (eliminating wasted ammo and the tell-tale sign a turret is nearby)?

Also, concerning mob hearing, what happens when a mob reacts to multiple sound sources?  Do certain sounds have priority over others?   Could they be distracted by, say, an arrow landing nearby if they didn't hear or see the shooter?

Stealth/espionage games are really fun to me, so seeing these new additions is very exciting!

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #336 on: October 13, 2013, 02:01:19 PM »
Will sentry turrets now be using these new field of view cones (frustums) to acquire and fire upon their targets (eliminating wasted ammo and the tell-tale sign a turret is nearby)?

Also, concerning mob hearing, what happens when a mob reacts to multiple sound sources?  Do certain sounds have priority over others?   Could they be distracted by, say, an arrow landing nearby if they didn't hear or see the shooter?

Stealth/espionage games are really fun to me, so seeing these new additions is very exciting!
i dont want to suggest blatantly ripping off another game, but one of the many things I liked about far cry 3 was the ability to throw rocks to distract enemies. Maybe you could craft basalt into pebbles or something?

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

stewydeadmike

• Elite Member
  • ( ゚ヮ゚)/
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: stewydead mike
  • PSN: don't have one
  • Steam: stewydeadmike
« Reply #337 on: October 13, 2013, 03:32:49 PM »
i dont want to suggest blatantly ripping off another game, but one of the many things I liked about far cry 3 was the ability to throw rocks to distract enemies. Maybe you could craft basalt into pebbles or something?
that's a good idea and you can throw other things like cups to make louder noises and help you be more like a /ninja

TRex

• Elite Member
  • Old dog of the Forums
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: SpindlierT Rex
« Reply #338 on: October 13, 2013, 11:02:50 PM »

I forget if you are planning this but in addition to path finding will there be custom paths for towns folk and guards to follow at certain points of the day.

Love the hole mob intelegence makes it far more realistic with detection of players.

Iceninja

• Elite Member
  • Just call me Ice ^-^
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Mist Of reality
« Reply #339 on: October 14, 2013, 10:33:43 AM »
that's a good idea and you can throw other things like cups to make louder noises and help you be more like a /ninja
yeah, i agree because with this it would be really fun to make more minigames...even a farcry 3 custom map :o

RHYMES! :D
Ice i will say, freeze i shall obey.