Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Medical Uses for...  (Read 217 times)

James

Re: Medical Uses for...
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 12:45:58 AM »
Ok, I don't care to say this but I've been to a mental hospital (not an insane asylum; get the difference) and at that hospital there are people who are there for substance abuse and chemical dependency, and it is not funny at all for how many adults (and kids) who were there for ruining their lives due to chemical dependency of marijuana. Also if marijuana is to be legal then it will be very likely indeed that there will then be a law in which employers and gun sellers (and maybe even schools) will be permitted to look into your medical records to see if you've been using marijuana (right now it is our RIGHT to keep our medical records confidential between only us and our own doctor) and that if you have been using marijuana then they may not accept you.
Marijuana isn't chemically addictive...
Oops I meant substance abuse.

H4RDC0R3V1B3Z

• View Profile
    • H4RDC0R3V1B3Z deviantART page
  • Xbox: H4RDC0R3V1B3Z
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 04:09:22 AM »
I'm all for the medical uses of weed. It has some amazing properties, especially for people who suffer from severe illnesses, such as MS. The government here is so dumb, they couldn't get laid in a whorehouse.

As for recreational use, I'm all for that too. :)

It's less harmful than alcohol and other drugs. Not just health-wise, but socially it's a better drug than most too. I've NEVER, EVER heard of someone who smokes weed going out, starting a fight, smashing up shop windows, or doing any of the other macaroni saladed alcohol-related things that happen on a Friday or Saturday night. The worst that can happen is you've gotten too greedy, smoked one too many, and passed-out. But that's your own fault, not the weed's lol.

In the end, it's all down to the user. Moderation is key, as with anything.

I've smoked weed for a good 10-15 years, with varying regularity, and never had what I would call a serious problem with it. Aside from denting my wallet from time-to-time. In recent years I've cut down drastically though, mainly as I want to quit smoking. I'm 30 now and starting to feel my age, is all lol. I crave it occasionally, but that's the same with anything nice. Chocolate, coffee, etc. There are many kinds of addictions, most are psychological and I'm happy to say in my experience with weed, it's not addictive in the traditional sense.

People misunderstand weed, and should learn from the users, rather than the government. Most of them have no idea.

MadMiner

• View Profile
  • Xbox: Exavolt93
  • PSN: Exavolt93
  • Steam: Exavolt93
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 08:05:30 AM »
Weed itself is not chemically addictive, it's the feeling people get from it that becomes addictive. I've known many people who have become so dependent on weed they've either lost their job, girlfriend, someone even lost their home.

The problem with it is the more you have, the more your body gets used to it. (this doesn't apply to everyone though, I have a friend who has been smoking weed for roughly 15 years and he still has the same amount, he never needs more) That's when you realise you need more, then you start buying more.

Scientists actually used weed to experiment with pain relief. Many of the patients actually said weed was alot more beneficial than other painkillers.

I never understood why weed was illegal anyway. It's alot safer than other drugs plus it's actually alot of peoples source of income. (A disabled man I know sells weed to many people because he can't work and his benefits are ridiculously low.)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 08:28:03 AM »
Sorry guys but I'm not comfortable with a topic about marijuana on this forum. Even though this is an Adult sub forum, young people will be here.

Marijuana is illegal in most parts of the western world. Even if every effort is taken to only post correct information, there will inevitably be either incorrect or subjective information posted.

I don't want to be responsible for young people making the wrong choices regarding marijuana from information on this forum.

I hope you understand.
Craig