Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Medical Uses for...  (Read 218 times)

Pride

• Legendary Member
  • A new begining
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Denied Pride
Medical Uses for...
« on: May 28, 2013, 06:23:15 PM »
Medical Uses For Marijuana
I would like to start off by saying that I am not,well I am pretty sure I am not, breaking any rules.
So guys, this is the adult board, so be mature about the topic. My question to you is what are your opinions on the medical uses of marijuana are. In my opinion it should not be illegal in the first place, nut the medical uses are for a good cause. It helps people releave their sever pains and in some cases can keep people alive.

MountainDewIt

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: cooldude013
Re: Medical Uses for...
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 07:49:19 PM »
I feel the same. I mean I don't understand how marijuana is illegal but cigarettes and alcohol isn't. Alchohol claims many lives, both the drinkers and people around them. In 2009 24,518 people died from alcohol induced things. What about marijuana? 0 deaths in 2009. Hmm. How does that make since? Oh yea. More than 5 million people die from tobacco products. Hardly anyone dies from marijuana use and that illegal, even for medical properties. So, lets get this straight. Products that kill millions even year are legal, yet a product that rarely kills and have good medical uses is illegal. How about we change that. Tobacco and alcohol is illegal, and marijuana isn't. That would be alot better.

muD

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 08:09:24 PM »
It's a naturally occurring weed - Who is any man to tell anyone they are forbidden to have a plant & consume it any way they wish?.. it's moronic on so many levels.

Whether it's for medical reasons or just enjoyment I've never heard a good argument against it & I've heard plenty of good reasons for people using it.

Using the word 'illegal' implies you are breaking a legally binding contract. There is no contract therefore it is not illegal, right?
Unlawful perhaps?.. but that implies there is an injured party.. there is no injured party who has suffered any harm or loss therefore it is not unlawful, right?
Not that it matters to me either way. I enjoy it whenever i feel like it.

The White Rabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 08:30:23 PM »
I know multiple friends who use it for recreational purposes and hell they seem fine and haven't been in trouble health wise just with the law however I have seen too many accidents with drunk drivers the fact it is illegal is bizarre while acohol isn't I know from personal experiance that a drink can make you do regretable things yet 'weed' doesn't do anything but leave an unpleasant smell

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?

Pride

• Legendary Member
  • A new begining
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 08:48:23 PM »
Glad to see that people see the same way as me :)
Also muDsluG, I enjoy it whenever I feel like too :P

MountainDewIt

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: cooldude013
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 09:00:13 PM »
I've never enjoyed it... But I'm 14 so yea. I also know people who have used it. They seem perfectly fine. Maybe a little cheerful at the time, but perfectly fine.

Pride

• Legendary Member
  • A new begining
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 09:07:17 PM »
So long as you use it correctly, then there are no problems.
But sadly you have the few people that miss use it

demman32

• Elite Member
  • Bob's Disciple
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: yogi bear triad
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 09:41:01 PM »
 I live in a rather rural area, but the second largest city in the state is 30 minutes away. My town is known as, mind the language, Slutland. To say the least, my town isn't very nice. There's really one place the people in my town go to, The Courts. That's the basketball courts for those who don't know. Anyways, onto my point, The Courts are known in my area for pretty large drug use. To say the least, there's a lot of drugs in my area. I have not gone up personally, mainly to avoid any situations, my brother goes up to play basketball. Some stories I've heard are pretty surprising in my opinion. Based on them, I've became rather biased against drugs, alcohol, and smoking.

Here's some irony, the "courts" are behind the Police Station.
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE!

James

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 11:54:39 PM »
Ok, I don't care to say this but I've been to a mental hospital (not an insane asylum; get the difference) and at that hospital there are people who are there for substance abuse and chemical dependency, and it is not funny at all for how many adults (and kids) who were there for ruining their lives due to abusing marijuana. Also if marijuana is to be legal then it will be very likely indeed that there will then be a law in which employers and gun sellers (and maybe even schools) will be permitted to look into your medical records to see if you've been using marijuana (right now it is our RIGHT to keep our medical records confidential between only us and our own doctor) and that if you have been using marijuana then they may not accept you.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 12:47:45 AM by James »

BeardedSHROOMS

• View Profile
  • Xbox: BeardedSHROOMS
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 12:30:47 AM »
Ok, I don't care to say this but I've been to a mental hospital (not an insane asylum; get the difference) and at that hospital there are people who are there for substance abuse and chemical dependency, and it is not funny at all for how many adults (and kids) who were there for ruining their lives due to chemical dependency of marijuana. Also if marijuana is to be legal then it will be very likely indeed that there will then be a law in which employers and gun sellers (and maybe even schools) will be permitted to look into your medical records to see if you've been using marijuana (right now it is our RIGHT to keep our medical records confidential between only us and our own doctor) and that if you have been using marijuana then they may not accept you.
Marijuana isn't chemically addictive...