Author Topic:  Unnamed Medieval/Fantasy enhanced "Survival" Sandbox RPG  (Read 2148 times)

Rev Elevenclaw

• Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Rev Elevenclaw
Re: Unnamed Medieval/Fantasy enhanced "Survival" Sandbox RPG
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2016, 10:40:15 PM »
Looks awesome! I too am working on an asylum, since I have insanity scripts. A bit different from yours tho. Kinda repurposing a previous spot built by my wife. Making it an exciting new addition that may occur if 1 goes completely insane. You may just be commited! But it has a cool secret bonus hidden within it for those lucky enough to find the 'good' exit. BTW, I agree about those places being haunting. Especially Shalebridge, I'm talikng nightmares man... Nightmares.
Focus determines reality...

Bunz

• Detotated wam
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Hey Its Bunz
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: N/A
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2016, 10:20:53 PM »
These new pics are awesome. The graveyard especially.

#ButterThyStick( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2016, 10:39:47 AM »
Updated the OP with new HD pictures courtesy of Nazty.
Full album is here http://imgur.com/a/L7DfJ if you want to take a look at the rest.

In other news, I finally decided to make a sanity system. If anyone happens to have any ideas for effects of insanity, Be sure to tell me. There are tons in real life, So I want as many as possible for this world.

Last thing, How would you guys feel about a mechanic where your screen goes dark for ⅓- of a second every 6 seconds or so to simulate blinking?

I'm definitely going to do this for the asylum, But I'm wondering if players would find it annoying to have this always happening. Perhaps I could have a configuration menu to allow players to turn blinking on and off depending on their preferences.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2016, 10:49:12 AM »
*Almost my favourite angle. I'm very picky about it.

As far as the blinking, you know I'm for it, but not every 6 seconds. I think I normally go about 30 seconds at least from blink to blink. Occasionally blink once or twice very rapidly after a blink.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail         

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2016, 10:56:09 AM »
*Almost my favourite angle. I'm very picky about it.

As far as the blinking, you know I'm for it, but not every 6 seconds. I think I normally go about 30 seconds at least from blink to blink. Occasionally blink once or twice very rapidly after a blink.

I was going off of the average blink frequency of a normal human according to wikipedia.

Which states that test subjects blinked, On average, 10 times per minute. Of course I could change the frequency though.

I do think 30 seconds is a bit long. Lol

Cal

• Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Browsing.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Xbox God Callum
  • PSN: Intro_Space
  • Steam: ImmCJs
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2016, 05:51:47 AM »
wow, this really does look great. the builds look very detailed and as if they took along time. do you have a approximate date on when this map will open?
cY Agent 115, Dryym, Jeff, Jeff McNewman, Nefty <3

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2016, 07:29:38 AM »
wow, this really does look great. the builds look very detailed and as if they took along time. do you have a approximate date on when this map will open?

It cannot be fully opened until after NPC behaviours are added, As the whole idea I am trying to convey here is NPC interaction, And how it effects a fictional fantasy world.

However I may do a soft opening once I get most of the survival scripts, And a decent amount of towns and dungeons done.

Anyone is free to message me and I can show them around though.

It's funny that you say my buildings look super detailed, And like they took a long time. I've actually been purposefully making them really simple so that they do not take time.

Each normal house takes about 5 minutes to outline, 5-10 minutes to put walls on, And maybe 10-15 minutes to put the roof on the way I do it.

The real time sink is the interiors because I go all out on them.

I don't think I've broken 12 hours on the asylum yet.

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • YT: Nefty
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2016, 09:47:16 AM »
Cant wait Dryym, i bet this map will be amazing!

Wanna Make Money Off Of Youtube? Partner With Freedom Today: https://www.freedom.tm/via/NeftyGaming

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2016, 10:03:13 AM »
Cant wait Dryym, i bet this map will be amazing!

In order for it to be amazing, It'll need a lot of work to be done on it. I still need to set up the locations for all of the main factions, I need to finish my survival scripts, I need to add dungeons, Finish the spell system, Etc.

I've set myself up for a lot, And it will only be amazing if i get it all done.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2016, 10:45:35 AM »

Town overview as of now.

Map Update!

With the confirmation that NPC behaviours will not be making it to 360, I have had to change my plans a bit.

I will be focusing on getting the map more built up, Finishing the survival mechanics, And I will be adding more traditional RPG style questlines.

I intend to get the map to a playable state as soon as I can.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2016, 01:26:29 PM »

I started work on the entrance to the Demara (Demon) citadel today.
It is bigger than the picture would suggest, Idk why it looks rather small here that.

Anyways, About half of the Demara city will be underground in large chambers.
The rest will be outside.

I'm inching towards release.
I want to have at least one dungeon, Quite a bit of spells, And quit a bit of the Demara and Human towns finished.

As well as a name. I need to think of a name for the map.

CB

• I'm Callum!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Enemy Orbz
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2016, 01:34:16 PM »
Wow, this honestly looks like a fantastic map. The details and effort that you have put into it so far is outstanding, this looks like a map that i will most definitely enjoy, hmu when its finished.

PS: Why do you always appear offline.
Hi Connor.

CB

• I'm Callum!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Enemy Orbz
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2016, 01:37:26 PM »
Wow, this honestly looks like a fantastic map. The details and effort that you have put into it so far is outstanding, this looks like a map that i will most definitely enjoy, hmu when its finished.

Also, th fact that you have built this on survival, wow, just wow.
Hi Connor.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2016, 01:46:26 PM »

This is by far the most frequent question I get over Xbox.

The answer is or rather was, I like being able to choose when to interact with some people.

Back when 360 wasn't very dead (I started doing this around 2011-2012) , I would get 49 metric tons of invitations if I appeared online accidentally. I didn't want to specifically avoid certain people, So I just decided I would communicate with who I wanted to when I wanted to. Some people learned my schedule, Or found out how to tell when I was on, But those were people who i'd talk to just about any time.

It got even worse when about 3 years ago I helped make a map for Stampywhat'shisface (If you search "Dryym" that map will be the first video result. XD)

I got spammed with friend requests by kids from 7-13 for months. So at that point it became habitual to appear offline.

Now Ijust do it because it is easier for me to do it than to make myself stop. Even though it doesn't matter anymore.

Also, This wasn't built on survival, This is going to be a survival map, With survival mechanics. I built and scripted it on creative.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2016, 03:13:50 PM »

I started work on the entrance to the Demara (Demon) citadel today.
It is bigger than the picture would suggest, Idk why it looks rather small here that.

Anyways, About half of the Demara city will be underground in large chambers.
The rest will be outside.

I'm inching towards release.
I want to have at least one dungeon, Quite a bit of spells, And quit a bit of the Demara and Human towns finished.

As well as a name. I need to think of a name for the map.
Reminds me of my Dwarven City entrance on Trium.