Author Topic:  Unnamed Medieval/Fantasy enhanced "Survival" Sandbox RPG  (Read 2618 times)

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Unnamed Medieval/Fantasy enhanced "Survival" Sandbox RPG
« on: February 02, 2016, 03:05:01 PM »
~~ Insert Name Here. ~~
———————

General Lore
—————

"Unnamed" takes place in a rather small section of land at the base of the Thepalan (T-HEP-ALAN) mountain range on the western continent. The area, While only about 1km², Has a rich history of conflict and deceit.

Currently living in the area are two main factions, The Human Kingdom of Arcala, And the Demonic Dominion of Aylyymos. Their relationship with each other being rather precarious, And subject to change at any time.

There are rarely territory disputes between these two factions as they tend to stick to their own land, Fearing a greater conflict that may bring about their downfall.

The area itself is home to many artefacts of great magical power. These are often fought over by smaller settlements as the larger factions see it as too risky a move to attempt to fight over them.

———————

Factions & Guilds
—————

The Human Kingdom of Arcala.
————

One of the main two factions, The kingdom is currently led by King Leonard II.
Considered by his subjects to be a fair king.

The Ravenclaw Syndicate.
————

An organized gang based in human land. Led by a woman named Mary Murdoch. The Ravenclaw syndicate is the primary supplier of Ichor and various other illegal goods. Considered to be the backbone of the black market.

The Thieves' Guild.
————

A selective group of skilled thieves, Led by an unknown man. Few know of their existence, Even less have the knowledge of how to hire them. Thieves of the guild generally sell stolen goods on the black market.

The Thief-Takers.
————

An unorganized group of individuals paid to bring thieves, And members of the Ravenclaw syndicate to justice. Unfortunately, Many thief-takers are corrupt and worse than the thieves themselves.

The Demonic Dominion of Aylyymos.
————

The second of the main two factions, Consisting of Demons. Led by a demoness known as <Katlyy Masala>.

———————

World Plans
—————

This world is meant to be a (mostly) realistic sandbox type RPG.
By that I mean that you can do just about anything you want. And things you do will more often than not have a permanent effect on the world.
If you decide to kill the human king, Then the kingdom will fall into disarray until a new king is crowned. And when the new king is crowned, The entire human kingdom may change in some way. You may kill the king, And the new king decides to wage war on the demons.

If you see an NPC camp out in the wild, You can either leave them be, And their camp will eventually be moved. Or you could go up to them and raid their camp for supplies.

In addition to this, I am making this world have my survival engine with realistic mechanics such as Dehydration and Overhydration, A hunger mechanic, A mechanic that makes your eyes adjust to the dark or light, A mechanic which makes you leave footprints while walking, And much more.

This map will rely heavily on NPC interaction, So I will need to wait until the NPC overhaul is added to properly release it to my plans.

———————

Images
—————

Human Starting Town.

Spoiler for Hidden Content:

To the right, The tavern/Alchemist's shop. To the left will be a tailor. Yes, The paths are ugly. I'll work on them later.

Tavern/Inn interior bottom floor.

This is one view that I just love of the place.

This is the basement of the alchemist's shop. With jars of stuff, And a little work table.

A few interior shots I particularly liked.

Ariom Asylum

Far view of the asylum.

PWR's favourite angle.

Main entrance.

Side view, And cemetery.

Side view, And cemetery at dusk

Deactivated fountain with vile water. Thanks to PWRBTTN for this suggestion.

Full shot of the asylum at night. Dark clouds swirl above...

This topic will be updated with pictures, And map updates in the near future, But I wanted to get this out there and see what the community thinks of my rather ambitious project.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:38:12 AM by Dryym »

Creator of the term "Deathmine ©"
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
Re: Unnamed Medieval/Fantasy enhanced "Survival" Sandbox RPG
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 03:22:17 PM »
The great Dryym finally starts a playing map. I'm excited to see how it turns out.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 03:33:33 PM »
The great Dryym finally starts a playing map. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

OK, 1: Since when did I earn the title "The Great"?

2: I am excited to see how it turns out too, There are a great lack of maps that fit a realistic theme, Faintcub had his survival engine, But the timescale on it is a bit fast in my opinion. And his worlds didn't really stick to any theme.

And given the fact that I already love the Medieval/Fantasy genre, It's a perfect fit for me. More so than modern or sci-fi would be.

I have a feeling that this world will quickly change once I start getting players in and doing things.

Rev Elevenclaw

• Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Rev Elevenclaw
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 09:14:32 PM »
...There are a great lack of maps that fit a realistic theme...

And given the fact that I already love the Medieval/Fantasy genre...

Have you been in to my map? You may like it. Or at least possibly find a bit of inspiration.
Focus determines reality...

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 01:52:56 PM »
Update Time!

I just made two status effects, Poison and Pestilence. These are based off of Poison and Toxic from Dark Souls. In order to recieve these effects your buildup to a specific effect must reach 1000 points.

You can increase your opponent's buildup to either effect by buffing your weapon with an item.

In the future you will be able to buff any weapon with either a plant, Or a magic catalyst.

Currently I have Magic, Fire, Blood, Instant Poison, Lingering Poison, And Pestilence

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 02:56:37 PM »
I like the sound of it, pictures are good ;)

If the pics are good then you need to get your eyes checked. Lol

The pics may contain good things, But the pics themselves are not good. :P

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 07:02:02 PM »

Welcome to Ariom Asylum, Enjoy your stay.

WIP image of the first dungeon I'm making for the map. Everything is subject to change, But I think it's turning out well so far.

I will definitely give some lore when it's done, But for now you'll just have to wait.

It's going to turn in to a "haunted" asylum/hospital. Anyone who knows me, Or has seen me build knows I love dark and creepy stuff, So I hope all goes well.

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 05:35:59 PM »
An angle of the asylum I just HAD to share. My apologies for the poor quality.

What a great build, Dryym!

I appreciate you bringing me in to ask for advice, and the offer is always open.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 05:37:46 PM by PWRBTTN »
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 06:21:33 PM »
if u want hd pics lmk :)

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 07:34:46 PM »
An angle of the asylum I just HAD to share. My apologies for the poor quality.

What a great build, Dryym!

I appreciate you bringing me in to ask for advice, and the offer is always open.

Poor quality!? I could make a more accurate representation on MS Paint.
XD

if u want hd pics lmk :)

I will let you know after I finish the exterior of the asylum. It's fiddly work, And I want to be finished with the exterior before any HD pics are taken.

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2016, 07:48:39 PM »
I will let you know after I finish the exterior of the asylum. It's fiddly work, And I want to be finished with the exterior before any HD pics are taken.
alright

Bunz

• Detotated wam
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Hey Its Bunz
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: N/A
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 07:53:02 PM »
This looks awesome so far. I cant wait to see it finished.

#ButterThyStick( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Rev Elevenclaw

• Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Rev Elevenclaw
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2016, 10:55:20 PM »
Complaint about pic quality is petty. Amazing build!
Focus determines reality...

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2016, 07:41:38 AM »
Complaint about pic quality is petty. Amazing build!

Well thank you very much!

I am taking inspiration on the exterior from both the Shalebridge Cradle, And Moira Asylum. Both are from the Thief series.

Both are also considered by many to be up there with the scariest levels in video games. So if I can even partially emulate that scary feel, I may be able to spook some 10 year old pretty badly with this place.

In addition, I do not think anyone on TM has made an asylum, At least not in a long while.

I'm glad you like the build though.
It'll be quite a while before this world is built up to the point where I would be happy hosting it, But if anyone wants to look around at what I've got so far, Feel free to message me.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2016, 04:07:42 PM »
Update on the asylum.

PWRBTTN said I should redo the fountain to be a little fancier, And have some nasty stagnated water in it.

A cemetery, And also a wall to make it less obvious that the asylum is at the edge of the world.

PWR's favourite angle.

Front view.

You are being watched....

Overall, I am loving this project. The monotony of the village was getting a bit much for me, And this has been a perfect way to break it up.