Author Topic:  Creditland | Credit Based Challenge Map  (Read 2800 times)

LB

• Founder of Catsbury and Creditland
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Liam Bradbury
Re: Creditland | Credit Based Challenge Map
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2016, 07:28:32 AM »
It's time for week 3's building and scripting additions for Creditland. Some notable new features added are some of the biggest yet, including the Big Project that was mentioned earlier in the week.

We'll start with the smaller changes that make the world look that much better.

The main lounge very recently underwent a makeover, not so much a full makeover but some teleporters or some features from other places in the world have been attached to the spawn room in some way.

Due to this, the VIP Hub is now in the world, allowing players to walk in from the main lounge and giving easy access to the buttons that allow you to become a VIP. This room wasn't a huge addition, I just felt that it all needed to be in one place as the features for VIPs were scattered around the reward shop and the main lounge.

Another add-on to the main lounge is the new Particle Trail Store. Seeing as the whole row of particle trails inside the rewards shop was completely filled up, we needed to create a place made entirely for the trails as we plan to add a lot more to the store. So far it is a huge success. One of the main goals for players in the world is to unlock these trails by completing the tasks that they hold.
A new particle trail was released very recently called the Raining Blood trail. It is blood-looking particles emitting from your back and acts like blood too. It is unlocked by gaining 200 Blood Tokens (from the Big Project).

Now onto the scripting additions.

This first segment of the scripting additions was suggested by WideningPenny98 (also known as Script on the forums). Starting from the 15th February, players can now see how many credits they have claimed from everything in the world, from mining to completing challenges and even exchanging different currency will add to the total. Purchasing new tools or parts of the world does not take the total amount down.

I had on my mind was similar to the total credits count, but was made entirely for the challenges. This is the fail counter, to show players how many times they have wrapped up on challenges and had to start from the beginning... again.
I have a lot of fails but I'm not embarrassed one bit, no way.

Finally. The Big Project. The doors are open. For those who say this challenge map is a DeathMine, Deathmatch or MineMatch, then you technically can in a way.

Yes, the Big Project is the huge expansion to the world which is PvP based. There will be up to 4 different gamemodes to choose from but right now, there is one to play, which is the PvP Sewer Mines.

Now before you all saying that the world is just another copy of deathmatch worlds, this took way more scripting to get it done unlike your standard deathmatch worlds you see hosted all of the time. There are limitations upon entering the sewers, such as only allowing to have 25 Pizza maximum and you are unable to smuggle the Nature Staff (special menu item) into the sewers too so teleporting is not an option.

When you enter, you are given a necklace which symbolises that your bones are claimable. Bones are used in the PvP lounge and are crushed to gain Blood Tokens which can be used to purchase some unique rewards that will enhance your chances of killing another player. When you are in the mine and you are killed, you drop one bone and if you had any sewer crystals on you or any bones, you will lose all of them.

Harsh? Not really. I haven't seen anything as dangerous as this on any deathmatch worlds.

As for the upcoming gamemodes accessible from the PvP lounge, there will be Clan Wars and Capture the Flag. The fourth gamemode hasn't been decided yet so it is up to the players to decide what they would want to see for the final gamemode of PvP.

That wraps up week 3 updates for Creditland. What did you all think of the new content?

If you have never joined this world before, I highly suggest you do. Seriously. Gamertag is Liam Bradbury if you want to join.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 10:13:19 AM by LB »

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • YT: Nefty
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2016, 10:32:59 AM »
Finally got a chance to world hop some of the forum maps, and if theyre anything like this map Im excited. Probably the best challenge map I've seen since Scarzy's Elementh or Jared's first Impossible quiz.

Credits is a very original idea, the parkour is not too easy and not painstakingly hard. The map design is spectacular and if i didnt have preset appointments i could've stayed on the map all day.

Very Well Done Liam!

Wanna Make Money Off Of Youtube? Partner With Freedom Today: https://www.freedom.tm/via/NeftyGaming

LB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2016, 09:22:20 PM »
I suppose I need to update this thread with new content. Those who have played my map recently would know that this thread is heavily outdated.

I'll update it fully including screenshots tomorrow when I wake up, I'm too lazy right now :)

LB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2016, 12:26:03 PM »

From today, the 3rd of July, to the 6th July, you'll be able to unlock the exclusive particle trail which represents the flag colours of the USA. The colours transition between each other which gives the unique look.

Unlock it while you can!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 12:33:28 PM by LB »

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • cluckinbellhappychicken
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2016, 06:43:26 PM »
I doubt I will get to try this map out for myself, but I am impressed. A great idea mixed with what seems to be a classic style challenge map, well done!

I'll be following this topic :)

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

WrestleMania 33

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2016, 08:00:50 PM »
I really like the idea of exclusive things. It is cool how you add those features.

I doubt I will get to try this map out for myself, but I am impressed. A great idea mixed with what seems to be a classic style challenge map, well done!

I'll be following this topic :)
Will you ever get a 360 again?

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

LB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2016, 04:20:02 PM »

The new Creditland update will be coming within the next week. Keep a look out!

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2016, 08:04:57 PM »

I forgot to post this...

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2016, 05:24:15 PM »
I'll be honest, I normally despise these types of maps. However, something is different. I believe it's the immense amount of thought and passion by the host. This map is well-polished, well-thought out, unique in concept, and relatively physically attractive. The scripts are well-written, the structure is well-built, and the little details like the particles are very nice. This is, by far, the best of this type of map. Which, normally, wouldn't say much. This time, though, it's different.

I have favourited this map, and rated 4 stars.

If this map had a few more unique features, I'd be more tempted to rate 5. As for what features, I can't say for sure. Whatever fits, really. I hope to see more of this soon.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail         

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • Part time onion, Part time Michael Buble fan
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2016, 05:38:54 PM »

Can't agree more. It's so unique compared to other maps of the same attribute. As you've mentioned, the particles are a great addition and especially the numerous types of them.

I've also rated 4 and favourited.
/onion Inspirational Quotes /onion

casual onion [23|Mar 09:59 PM]:   If you don't succeed, try, try and give up.

PWRBTTN [31|Mar 01:14 AM]:   It's okay, not all of us can be comedy geniuses like Casual Opinion.

Trub's Unisex Holiday Name [12|Nov 07:28 PM]:
You look like Casual Onion.

LB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2016, 07:07:24 PM »
@PWRBTTN and casual onion - Thanks for your positive feedback, I appreciate it. My motivation builds much more. :)

Also, what did you mean by adding unique features @PWRBTTN? What would you consider unique because I have a few ideas but I'd like to know yours too.

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2016, 08:00:31 PM »
@PWRBTTN and casual onion - Thanks for your positive feedback, I appreciate it. My motivation builds much more. :)

Also, what did you mean by adding unique features @PWRBTTN? What would you consider unique because I have a few ideas but I'd like to know yours too.
honestly, I don't know. Whatever fits, really. So far, the direction you've taken it is incredible. I'm sure it can only get better if you keep going the same direction.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail         

LB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2016, 10:38:24 AM »

Can you solve the haunting mystery of the locked loft?

Do you have what it takes to complete an extremely difficult easter egg? I bet you can't.

LB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2016, 01:10:48 PM »
The Executive Offices update for Creditland has been released as of 11th July 2016.

For those who want to purchase one of the top-of-the-range offices, you'll need to meet some requirements:

- Have 4 million credits.
- Be a Premium player (Rank 10 alongside 5 hours of game time)

For those who are new to Creditland, it will take a while to have the ability to own one of these offices.

Office spaces are limited so make sure you meet these requirements as fast as possible to become an Executive Office owner.

LB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2016, 11:55:51 PM »
Starting on Monday, Creditland will be making the most of the summer time for a week by hosting many summer events in the world.

Codes will be displayed on here, the forums, every day next week which will give access to a separate Summer Chests containing exquisite and potentially exclusive rewards such as 2 new particle trails, new scripted hybrid weapons and a hefty amount of credits to top it all off.

It doesn't stop there as by Monday, the entire main lounge will be completely redecorated temporarily for the event. A few changes will be made such as the mini-pizza store will be shut for a week and will be replaced with the tropical bar and the fancy fire particles will be replaced with miniscule water fountains. To top that off, the floor will be ripped up and will have sand take its place.

Those are the changes for next week and will sure be an exciting change!