Author Topic:  cY Servers  (Read 688 times)

cY Agent 115

• Death to trolls on the forums
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: cY Agent 115
  • Steam: 7TH_Soopy
cY Servers
« on: January 23, 2016, 04:15:08 AM »
cY Servers
[/u][/b]

Hey Guys, cY here and I'm here to talk about a thing that's been around for a while but I haven't really thought the need to put it on the forums (because I'm not popular and no one cares). So I've been hosting DeathMatch maps since 1.7 and the people that have joined the map with enthusiasm started joining my parties everyday just to keep up with content releases. Eventually in 1.9 There was a medium sized group of people stopping in everyday to check up on the map, any updates to my maps, and the latest gossip in the community

People come and go, but the community has always been here. Even though the numbers aren't exactly huge, our group has been around for a while and have a lot of memories of old maps and updates.

Since 2.0, the community has been a friendly group of individuals that play, host and help with maps on total miner. It was in 2.2 when i decided to finally call our community "cY Servers". They have also taken inspiration from my maps and decided to make their own in an attempt to "get me off my ass and start playing others for a change".

To put it simply, cY Servers isn't a "clan", it's more of a gaming community. It's not a mass Veni, Vidi, Vici clan and more of a group of people who play on the maps made by cY Servers and know each other well. As a community, the players within are very friendly and tend to help you out if you are new to the server or just need help with random noobs who are on a rampage.

We are a friendly bunch and tend to help others out with gear and resources on hardcore DeathMatch maps such as mine, OshKosh's, Sevens CJs (in the future)and others we find our selves on. The generic "boxy" DeathMatch maps are places we tend to avoid even if it is a hardcore one as we really want to see the extend of hosting deathmatch maps in total miner.

As much as this seems like a clan, the group tends to go on other deathmath Servers and work as a team to get to the top. Our group does not troll map hosts and reports any and all problems to the host or active admins at the time. We would also like some recommendations for DeathMatch maps to engage with so please reply with any kind of DeathMatch related map (non-generic) that seems like a good enough to the time to play. Here's are some cY Server Map along with my personal recommendations of good maps that I believe are still being hosted.

cY Servers:
DeadZone23
DeadZone Space Age
DeadZone 25
DeadZone Space Age 2 (WIP)

My Recommendations:
Sevens CJs - Our Atmosphere (WIP)
OshKosh - Dark-Craft

Edit: i just looked at some other posts made in the clan page and i realized that i must have typed too much out..

oh well, great job cY.. -_-
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 04:27:25 AM by cY Agent 115 »

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: cY Servers
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 01:47:13 PM »
Its a good thing that you typed out a lot. Don't follow in other's footsteps.

cY Agent 115

• Death to trolls on the forums
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: cY Agent 115
  • Steam: 7TH_Soopy
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 02:12:17 PM »
We don't even have "members" it's more a case of; if you join my maps a lot you are considered a friend of the community haha

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 02:14:28 PM »
Yeah exept for the sad fact that no one in this community cares for clans here.

CJ

• Total Miner Builder!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Sevens CJz
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 04:00:58 PM »
This is a really good idea! I like the fact that you put community instead of clan makes the clan look better, We will make this go far!

Cal

• Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Browsing.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Xbox God Callum
  • PSN: Intro_Space
  • Steam: ImmCJs
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 04:32:51 PM »
Should we restart this ?
cY Agent 115, Dryym, Jeff, Jeff McNewman, Nefty <3

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • YT: Nefty
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 07:54:34 PM »
Should we restart this ?

Its a great idea, but the OP seems to imply that its a deathmatch only, if not majority of the maps part of the clan. I think it'd become more popular if more than just deathmatches were allowed.

Wanna Make Money Off Of Youtube? Partner With Freedom Today: https://www.freedom.tm/via/NeftyGaming

Cal

• Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Browsing.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Xbox God Callum
  • PSN: Intro_Space
  • Steam: ImmCJs
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 01:44:16 AM »
Should we restart this ?

Its a great idea, but the OP seems to imply that its a deathmatch only, if not majority of the maps part of the clan. I think it'd become more popular if more than just deathmatches were allowed.
If this was to be restarded we would stop creating death matches and move to RPG's.
cY Agent 115, Dryym, Jeff, Jeff McNewman, Nefty <3

Rollins

• “The things you used to own, now they own you.”
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ThatAnimeKid
  • Other: 3
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 08:24:25 AM »
I'd join. But I work alone....
"You know how they say you only hurt the ones you love? Well, it works both ways" -Fight Club

He's trying to P6 ban u bro! That's 5 levels above a P1 ban! You're done -Gary March 24, 2017

SmileYourOnAim

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 10:51:47 PM »
I've always have made maps and spent good time on them to make them a good death match/Rpg, but I have never got to the point of hosting them. But I'm working on a map now that will hopefully be out soon :)
It will not be a map where you have maxed gear in 5 minutes by the way, it will be a hardcore server. You will also won't be trapped inside rooms

zunr

• RPG
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Gxbble
  • Steam: Q9H
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 10:17:25 PM »
Myself and Agent will be restarting this when TMF is officially released on PC, stay alert.

Rollins

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 10:21:38 PM »
Can't wait. I played  your guy`s SpaceAge map back in the day.
P.S You might want to change your profile pic again ;)

"You know how they say you only hurt the ones you love? Well, it works both ways" -Fight Club

He's trying to P6 ban u bro! That's 5 levels above a P1 ban! You're done -Gary March 24, 2017

zunr

• RPG
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 10:23:43 PM »

Quote from: vCJz on Today at 10:17:25 PM<blockquote>Myself and Agent will be restarting this when TMF is officially released on PC, stay alert.
</blockquote><blockquote>
</blockquote><blockquote>Can't wait. I played one of your guy`s SpaceAge maps back in the day.</blockquote><blockquote>P.S You might want to change your profile pic again ;)</blockquote>

DeadZone Spaceage? Great map. I will my friend, currently waiting for a name change.

zunr

• RPG
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 10:24:16 PM »

Quote from: vCJz on Today at 10:17:25 PM<blockquote>Myself and Agent will be restarting this when TMF is officially released on PC, stay alert.
</blockquote><blockquote>

</blockquote><blockquote>Can't wait. I played one of your guy`s SpaceAge maps back in the day.</blockquote><blockquote>P.S You might want to change your profile pic again ;)</blockquote>

DeadZone Spaceage? Great map. I will my friend, currently waiting for a name change.

Nvm, name is now changed lol.

Rollins

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2016, 10:25:18 PM »
XD Quote was messed