Author Topic:  Charles Indie Game Development Thread.  (Read 4776 times)

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
Re: ETTP's Game Development Thread.
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2016, 05:01:53 AM »
No, Icicle Dodge was developed in a few weeks as a learing project using the GameMaker:Studio engine. I made it cause GM:S uses its own language call GameMaker Language or GML for short. Im more advanced in it now then back then i could build that entire game in a day or two. Im now moving on to learning networking in GameMaker.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ieyfo Replied to "Ieyfo's Game Development Thread."
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2016, 11:23:42 PM »
[C.O.D.E]
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 03:30:10 AM by Ieyfo »

RavenPaw

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Circle cat113
Re: Ieyfo's Game Development Thread.
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2016, 02:42:37 AM »
Sounds awesome can't wait to play it will there be a in game money system

#ButterThyStick( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2016, 02:59:32 AM »
Yes there are 2 currencies in the game.

The General Currency is what you buy the new creatures and attacks with. Its gained by winning games and other things in future updates.

Next you have the Battle Currency, this is what is used for using moves. so say a rare move cost 10 you have to gain 10 battle currency by using basic or other attacks to get it. This currency in local to the battle.

RavenPaw

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2016, 01:17:20 PM »

The General Currency is what you buy the new creatures and attacks with. Its gained by winning games and other things in future updates.

Next you have the Battle Currency, this is what is used for using moves. so say a rare move cost 10 you have to gain 10 battle currency by using basic or other attacks to get it. This currency in local to the battle.
Awesome I normally love games with in game money that's probably why I don't play minecraft anymore total miner can do way more

#ButterThyStick( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2016, 01:49:01 PM »

Awesome I normally love games with in game money that's probably why I don't play minecraft anymore total miner can do way more
It's mainly gonna be a balancing act when developing it. Finding a balance between buyable and not easy to buy. There's is 2 currencies to work with so it makes 2* the fun.

RavenPaw

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2016, 06:21:50 PM »

It's mainly gonna be a balancing act when developing it. Finding a balance between buyable and not easy to buy. There's is 2 currencies to work with so it makes 2* the fun.
Since it's a turn based game what will be fighting? Will it be like monsters or tanks or something else?

#ButterThyStick( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2016, 01:54:00 PM »
Creatures.
turn based game where you start with a base level creature

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2016, 02:03:11 PM »
Creatures.
turn based game where you start with a base level creature
No its supposed to be creature.

Back on topic 4 days till start.

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2016, 02:16:04 PM »
Off topic again real quick, even though asking about the game is on topic, I just said it would be a creature, then you said no it will be a creature?

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2016, 02:19:30 PM »
Off topic again real quick, even though asking about the game is on topic, I just said it would be a creature, then you said no it will be a creature?
you put creatures. I'd rather not get topic lock pm me or talk in the shout box.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: TM Charles Indie Game Development Thread. (Convey)
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2016, 10:18:25 PM »
OP Updated with a game I have been working on for the last 2 weeks. If anyone wants to play the demo follow the videos description on YouTube. As always open to opinions, I also need ideas what to add as I've been in a blank and this is usually were I stop but I've found that's my mistake I make with all my past games. Hope to see some stuff here!

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: TM Charles Indie Game Development Thread. (Convey)
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2016, 10:41:35 PM »
Convey
In Convey you are the square and you must guide it to the goal... The goal a place were everyone wants to get too, but must use the tools the player has in order to get there... The conveyor the tool the player relies on the most this tool allows it so you can move the player block around to get to the goal. The conveyors are the only way(currently) to get the player to the goal. You can set the direction of the conveyor to left, right, up, down by clicking them after they have been placed. There are things in your way such as static barriers and moving barriers so timing the block with the conveyors is key. There are many things still to add and I'm always open to suggestions you can put them here.

It's like reading the instructions of a bloody POPStation.

No offence meant, But did you translate this badly from Chinese?

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym