Author Topic:  TM Charles Indie Game Development Thread. (Convey)  (Read 3501 times)

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
Re: Zomboig (inDev RPG/Shooter)
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2016, 03:10:07 PM »
Uh... I know... I wasn't attacking him.
Its all fine Mysterio was just looking out for me and to clarify the death animation is for the enemy.

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • cluckinbellhappychicken
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2016, 03:37:21 PM »
Put this game to 2.5x speed. It was really fun :) Maybe speed multipliers should be something you could buy in the shop. Again, really fun :P

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2016, 03:49:28 PM »
Put this game to 2.5x speed. It was really fun :) Maybe speed multipliers should be something you could buy in the shop. Again, really fun :P
so like shoots speed of whole game speed or what?

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2016, 09:02:02 PM »
==Items==
-Coin Multiplier
-Doubles coin drops for 5 minutes
-Coin Multiplier is a simple "powerup" that simply doubles all coin drops the player recieves
-$250
-Terrible at art, but make the coin image over orange (preference ) bold text saying "X2"
-No other stuff...

==Items==
-Trigger Finger
-Gives the player infinite ammo as well as faster shooting speed
-When bought, the player receives double shooting speed, and infinite ammo for 30 seconds
-$200
-Just bullets lined up, like 3 bullets all lined up and upright
-No other stuff...

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • YT: Nefty
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheMoon
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: GoatOnTheMoon
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2016, 06:23:18 PM »
==Items==
-Gives the player infinite ammo as well as faster shooting speed

Seems rather OP. Id say double the fire power for one use of ammo. What I mean is for every 1 ammo used, 2 bullets are shot.

-When bought, the player receives double shooting speed, and infinite ammo for 30 seconds

Once again not on board with infinite ammo.

Wanna Make Money Off Of Youtube? Partner With Freedom Today: https://www.freedom.tm/via/NeftyGaming

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2016, 06:38:15 PM »

I do agree with the fact that having any type of ammo/weapon that has infinite anything can be op we do have to look at a few things,
-When it can be accessed.
-How it can be accessed.
-What use does it have.
-How people take it.

using these factors even though i am not for it but people are so it comes down to what the majority of people want.

I have added a poll to the op please vote and i will not require a comment but ill leave the option open for people.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2016, 08:32:35 PM »
So in the game i do say this a RPG type of game so im going to shift my focus to that element. Now before i explain what im going to be doing the shop will be incorporated into it also i feel like the game was becoming more of a shooter than a RPG. I want to and will keep the mix of the two but a lot is going to need to happen to balance it properly for both types.

Over the next week or two im going to kick all this in to high gear. Im going to be taking my time and do this all right so i dont have to redo entire systems because of flaws. Ill be taking any suggestions as of now for the RPG aspect of this, you put an idea ill right it down. Moving on to the things that will be hapening.

-The player well be changed to a sprite that isnt army based.
-The enemies will no longer be zombies (Name subject to change but a boss near end game is the reason for the name atm)
-Complete HUD & UI redone
-New inventory system.
-NPC's
-Eventually new items/armor .etc

I really want to make this a game something im proud of and can say yea i made that so if everyone can bare with me and be open to any idea i have or that someone else may have.

I can't wait to see what all you will think of whats to come and i thank the people how have the game currently, What you have now will be the last time you see many thing that are in the game currently.

Sorry for any grammatical errors i may have made in this post. :D

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2016, 12:12:07 AM »
You know what most replayable games have? A sandbox mode. I think that this RPG could be neat if we could create our own adventures. I know the game does not have much to offer ATM but, think about the future.

Just a idea /assassin

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2016, 12:50:42 AM »
You know what most replayable games have? A sandbox mode. I think that this RPG could be neat if we could create our own adventures. I know the game does not have much to offer ATM but, think about the future.

Just a idea /assassin
Ill take that into account.

also tonight i started the main menu for the game.

Yes multiplayer is up and running and i look forward to playing with all of you. Currently a there is no max player cap until i can get multiple poeple on to test we will no know. This was the thing i was hinting at in the shout box BTW,well part of what i was hinting at.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 12:54:09 AM by ETTP »

Father Dryymas

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2016, 08:43:38 AM »
In response to infinite ammo in the game, Maybe something like that could be dropped as a power up from a really difficult boss.

Because I personally think a temporary infinite ammo power up is better than a power up that just fills the ammo in your guns because it gives you a sense of urgency.

If you only have say 30 seconds of infinite ammo, It will make you think about using it, You'll want to stick around it waiting for the perfect time to pick it up so that you can fire every bullet you can in that 30 seconds and make it count. A lot more thought is required to make it work into your survival strategy if it is a temporary immovable power up.

However it should not be buyable from the shop, That's just silly.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2016, 09:00:15 AM »
In response to infinite ammo in the game, Maybe something like that could be dropped as a power up from a really difficult boss.

Because I personally think a temporary infinite ammo power up is better than a power up that just fills the ammo in your guns because it gives you a sense of urgency.

If you only have say 30 seconds of infinite ammo, It will make you think about using it, You'll want to stick around it waiting for the perfect time to pick it up so that you can fire every bullet you can in that 30 seconds and make it count. A lot more thought is required to make it work into your survival strategy if it is a temporary immovable power up.

However it should not be buyable from the shop, That's just silly.
I do see what you mean, also with all the new changes coming i will be able to add power up and stuff more easy to add.

Next with multiplayer i have a few questions., should you be able to hurt/kill each other. I also had the idea to have a team/faction (Will not come with the release of multiplayer) to go on quest and such and battle other factions. Next later today i will be getting the new inventory up this will be important to the RPG side of it i have a few ideas for the layout but will get opinions later.

Next skills,skills will be like tm on the aspect of a certain level to use something.Im taking Skill suggestions.

-Power(Overall power)
-Archery(Using ranged weapons)
-Forging(Crafting)
-Gathering(The higher this level to better loot from killing things)
-Healing(The higher the healing the faster the regeneration speed and the more hp that food will give you or others you heal)
-Alchemy(Potions!)
-Magic(Its self explanatory)

Anything else???

Father Dryymas

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2016, 09:16:57 AM »
I do see what you mean, also with all the new changes coming i will be able to add power up and stuff more easy to add.

Next with multiplayer i have a few questions., should you be able to hurt/kill each other. I also had the idea to have a team/faction (Will not come with the release of multiplayer) to go on quest and such and battle other factions. Next later today i will be getting the new inventory up this will be important to the RPG side of it i have a few ideas for the layout but will get opinions later.

Next skills,skills will be like tm on the aspect of a certain level to use something.Im taking Skill suggestions.

-Power(Overall power)
-Archery(Using ranged weapons)
-Forging(Crafting)
-Gathering(The higher this level to better loot from killing things)
-Healing(The higher the healing the faster the regeneration speed and the more hp that food will give you or others you heal)
-Alchemy(Potions!)
-Magic(Its self explanatory)

Anything else???

I think there should be a Marksmanship, And Dexterity skill. Archery would give stat bonuses to bow based weapons, Marksmanship would give bonuses to gun based weapons, And Dexterity would give bonuses to Melee based weapons.

As to magic, You should make some seriously cool combinations for this kind of thing. Maybe make a magical effect unique to each weapon, And a bunch of effects that can be applied to any weapon.

Imagine a laser cannon with a magical attunement to it.

As for factions, Don't just go for one or two, Make as many as possible! XD Some allied, Some not. Some magic based, Some technologically advanced, Etc.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2016, 09:27:24 AM »
I think there should be a Marksmanship, And Dexterity skill. Archery would give stat bonuses to bow based weapons, Marksmanship would give bonuses to gun based weapons, And Dexterity would give bonuses to Melee based weapons.

As to magic, You should make some seriously cool combinations for this kind of thing. Maybe make a magical effect unique to each weapon, And a bunch of effects that can be applied to any weapon.

Imagine a laser cannon with a magical attunement to it.

As for factions, Don't just go for one or two, Make as many as possible! XD Some allied, Some not. Some magic based, Some technologically advanced, Etc.
For factions what im saying is you can create your own invite people and you cant hurt them and can do things that you couldnt with other factions.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2016, 06:47:40 PM »
Hello again, today/tonight i will be focusing on multiplayer performance and the new inventory. Soon i hope to get a video out showing this stuff off. Still taking ideas for skills and such feel free to suggest anything.

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2016, 06:23:18 PM »
So, uh... I found this on steam.

Project Zomboig