Author Topic:  Charles Indie Game Development Thread.  (Read 4627 times)

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
Re: Zomboig (inDev RPG/Shooter)
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 07:35:05 PM »
Uh... look at the post above yours.
yea i was on mobile in that reply and i didnt refresh the topic so yea. Also thanks for that vid and sounds will come ;)

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 07:39:24 PM »
yea i was on mobile in that reply and i didnt refresh the topic so yea. Also thanks for that vid and sounds will come ;)
Honestly can`t wait. Hey, would you like a trailer for the game? I could make one for you. (When the game has more in it.) /assassin

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 3 years on site+600 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 10:54:42 PM »
So i wanted to see how much it took to crash the game so.... i decided to change the spawn rate to 60 times a second and the game handled 898 enemies.

double click the image to enlarge.

Updated topic with 0.0.07 info

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 11:14:38 PM »
Lol. Wow

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 11:20:21 PM »
Lol. Wow
Yea it was fun to break now time to get back to work i have to change the weapon array so i can do different types of weapons.Also have to redo the shop to accept more than 3 items.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2016, 08:03:07 AM »
Im getting to the point where i can ask this question. For the shop would you all like to keep the menu we have and just have it scroll or have a menu that takes up a good size on the screen and have sections for each type of item?

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2016, 08:32:17 AM »
Im getting to the point where i can ask this question. For the shop would you all like to keep the menu we have and just have it scroll or have a menu that takes up a good size on the screen and have sections for each type of item?

As just general advice, I'd suggest having categories. And the ability to sort by price, Health, Or damage.

So for example, A weapons tab, A throwables tab, A buildables tab, A personal use tab, Etc.

I think that is a better way to go about things in the long run because you will eventually need to have a system like this, And if you do it later rather than sooner when there are many items in the game, It will take a lot longer to sort your huge item library into the tabs.

So just do it now. Save yourself the future effort.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 11:35:25 AM »
As just general advice, I'd suggest having categories. And the ability to sort by price, Health, Or damage.

So for example, A weapons tab, A throwables tab, A buildables tab, A personal use tab, Etc.

I think that is a better way to go about things in the long run because you will eventually need to have a system like this, And if you do it later rather than sooner when there are many items in the game, It will take a lot longer to sort your huge item library into the tabs.

So just do it now. Save yourself the future effort.

Will this work?

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2016, 12:51:38 PM »
Added a death animation

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2016, 01:33:23 PM »
Added a death animation

Not that we were able to die before XD

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Oldest Lasting TM Youtuber.
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube: BOBsCAST
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2016, 01:34:23 PM »
Give the guy a break the game is still in development.

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm Youtube: BOBsCAST /mm

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2016, 01:37:48 PM »

There is a blood animation cant show in picture well.

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2016, 02:04:34 PM »
Will this work?

Yeah, That looks fine.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2016, 02:47:59 PM »
Yeah, That looks fine.
Ok well time to do it i will stream it :)

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2016, 03:08:44 PM »
Give the guy a break the game is still in development.
Uh... I know... I wasn't attacking him.