Author Topic:  2 ideas: Keep items & health regen.  (Read 311 times)

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
2 ideas: Keep items & health regen.
« on: January 18, 2016, 07:37:32 AM »
Not sure if the first one has been suggested before. I know the 2nd one has, by myself. But thought i'd refresh the idea.

An option on zones for whether the player should keep there inventory or not when they die in that zone.

An option to turn health regeneration off on creative worlds. This could be in the game options above or below combat on/off and would make farming and food useful and worthwile on creative worlds. Would be great for RPG worlds.

JD DRAGON 7

• Legendary Member
  • I'm a freelance builder.
  • Awards 2 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: JD DRAGON 7
  • PSN: JD_DRAGON7
  • Steam: JD_DRAGON_7
Re: 2 ideas: Keep items & health regen.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 05:26:07 PM »
The first one is in the options and would have to be put in the permissions in order to be effected by zones and that would cause a lot of drama, as in why does he get to keep his stuff when he dies but I can't.

As for the second one, I think it is getting added. If you watch the last video craig made you will see he takes damage without regaining it so he can go to a doctor to pay to be healed.
Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional.
Wii U      JD_DRAGON_7
360        JD DRAGON 7
Ps3/ps4  JD_DRAGON7
Steam    JD_DRAGON_7

Deacon

• ✧ Creative Universe ✧
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Grey BW
  • PSN: RvG_Fade
  • Steam: ✪ Grey ✪
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 05:38:14 PM »
I like the health regen idea for creative worlds, to toggle it. But I think there already is a keep items setting.

Snap 

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 09:10:50 AM »
Fuertey means (regarding "keep items") that it's a zone setting. I'm sure he realizes that it's already an option, but not for zone-specific settings. Of course, this could be scripted, but who wants to here that.

That said... Fuertey, if you need an method of zone specific keep-item, I'd be happy to help.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 12:30:49 PM »
That said... Fuertey, if you need an method of zone specific keep-item, I'd be happy to help.

What i'm talking about is you could have your whole world "Keep items upon death" But have zones around your world, like a PvP zone for example. Where if you died within that zone you would lose your items.

I know this could be done by adding a history when they enter the zone (and removing it when they exit it) then a player dies script to clear inventory if they have said history. But this wouldn't drop the items they had. Just remove them from there inventory.

And what about the other way around? What if your whole world was lose items on death? And you want a specific zone where they would keep items upon there death?

A zone specific option right next to Escape On/Off would be ideal.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 03:42:35 PM »
What i'm talking about is you could have your whole world "Keep items upon death" But have zones around your world, like a PvP zone for example. Where if you died within that zone you would lose your items.

I know this could be done by adding a history when they enter the zone (and removing it when they exit it) then a player dies script to clear inventory if they have said history. But this wouldn't drop the items they had. Just remove them from there inventory.

And what about the other way around? What if your whole world was lose items on death? And you want a specific zone where they would keep items upon there death?

A zone specific option right next to Escape On/Off would be ideal.

Simple, Turn drop items on death off. On death, Place a chest above the player's head, Move their inventory into it, And break the chest via scripts.

I agree an option is ideal, But you asked what solutions there are already.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym