Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  2.44  (Read 16970 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
Re: 2.44
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 08:47:34 PM »
We are now into final final testing. There is no more development to be done, except to fix any bugs found last minute. So all going well, the update should be submitted to PR within 2 days.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 09:30:47 PM »
OP updated.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2016, 07:29:52 PM »
If you were wondering why 2.44 is not yet in peer review, it's because several last minute details have needed to be tidied up.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2016, 03:37:56 AM »
Here is the situation regarding the 2.44 update problem as far as I know.

The update system is permanently bugged. Microsoft are not going to fix it. What they are doing is manually pushing each update through the distribution system as it is approved by peer review.

Each dev is supposed to inform the xblig support person at Microsoft that they have a game in review and schedule a release date so that the appropriate tech people at MS can be scheduled to perform the manual push. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of this, and I didn't do that, so now we are waiting for that support person at Microsoft to see my email and respond with someone who can 'push' the update through.

I haven't had a reply back from the support person yet. When I do, I imagine the fix will happen soon after. I'll post here when I get more information.

As of right now, I have no idea if this is going to take a day or two, or weeks.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2016, 06:33:12 PM »
Go download 2.44, it should work now. If the update previously deleted the game, then redownload from marketplace. Good luck.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 06:54:15 PM »
Please report any bugs you find asap, so I can get them fixed asap and submit a final update before the cut off. To do that I need to submit in about 10 days or so.