Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Survival/Dig Deep Overhaul  (Read 9399 times)

King Goliath

• Elite Member
  • god i love drinking bleach
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: redX468
Re: Survival/Dig Deep Overhaul
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2016, 04:08:53 PM »
I have an idea for shops, Maybe in survival & dig deep all shops bought or made have a certain amount of money say...24k upon getting it. When a player buys an item it will add money to the shop & when they sell items to it the shop will give them money until it runs out in which case the shop won't take it, rather then the shop having an unlimited supply ^-^
What am i even talking about

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2016, 04:47:51 PM »

I was writing a script for a new video, when I started thinking about the shops impact on total miner. You touched on this somewhat in your post, Nefty, so I'll just reply here.

Part of the reason why I feel that there is a sort of blandness to survival is because the shops inherently discourage the aspects of the survival gamemode that make it great. Exploring.
In survival, yes. However, you take into consideration the exploration needed to find all the blue prints in Dig Deep and it's on point. You MUST go everywhere. It handles survival status in a different way. Survival itself is as you said...bland. Simply because EVERYTHING is already there, minus the harder difficulties where they take away the shops.

Why venture into deep underground caverns or immersive landscapes when you can obtain everything in the game by mining straight down for an hour?
Again, with Dig Deep you don't have that issue. this should mostly be directed towards Survival purely.

I think this should be taken into consideration when there is a survival overhaul, further down the line. Reward players for venturing out into the world, overcoming challenges, battling creatures, and raiding generated structures, and not so much for mining the same block for hours on end and processing the materials.
I do believe the Quest update should handle this issue. But I agree, that much more immersion would be a little more satisfying for the player.

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheM00n
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2016, 05:03:39 PM »
In survival, yes. However, you take into consideration the exploration needed to find all the blue prints in Dig Deep and it's on point. You MUST go everywhere. It handles survival status in a different way. Survival itself is as you said...bland. Simply because EVERYTHING is already there, minus the harder difficulties where they take away the shops.

Or stare at a spinning blue arrow until you come across one. You know, another cheap factor like the map.

Again, with Dig Deep you don't have that issue. this should mostly be directed towards Survival purely.

Yes you do, you can acquire the same amount of wealth by mining straight down for an hour.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2016, 05:13:14 PM »
Or stare at a spinning blue arrow until you come across one. You know, another cheap factor like the map.
Well, if there was a way to turn off the arrow it would make finding them harder and less of ...cheap factor. ;)

Yes you do, you can acquire the same amount of wealth by mining straight down for an hour.
Start a DD map and try digging straight down. I guarantee this is a wrong statement. lol

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2016, 07:31:19 PM »

Hence why I said survival. Lol.

The same principle still impacts DD because there are no generated structures, but it isn't as significant.

Hence why I said SURVIVAL lol.

I do believe the Quest update should handle this issue. But I agree, that much more immersion would be a little more satisfying for the player.

If the quest update comes with generated structures and significant changes to the economy then yes.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2016, 08:21:16 PM »
Hence why I said survival. Lol.

The same principle still impacts DD because there are no generated structures, but it isn't as significant.

Yes except more often than not you end up staring at the pretty blue arrow rather than immersing in the landscape.

If the quest update comes with generated structures and significant changes to the economy then yes.

Will add generated structures to OP.[color]

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2016, 07:02:43 PM »
I know i havent touched this topic in awhile but its still relevant.

I've been playing on Desert Survival and i must say its hard. Well, too hard. I understand Desert survival should be the hardest game mode out of all of them, but I cant seem to progress very far. Maybe im bad, i dont know, but i cant seem to get any tress to grow, progress past iron level, find any materials to craft any shops. Like i said, i understand its hard, but i feel as if the difficulty is much too great.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2016, 07:36:53 PM »

I've been playing on Desert Survival and i must say its hard. Well, too hard. I understand Desert survival should be the hardest game mode out of all of them, but I cant seem to progress very far. Maybe im bad, i dont know, but i cant seem to get any tress to grow, progress past iron level, find any materials to craft any shops. Like i said, i understand its hard, but i feel as if the difficulty is much too great.
Would you say..
Dark Souls hard?

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2016, 07:45:50 PM »

Playing on Legendary?

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2016, 07:47:44 PM »

Playing on Legendary?

Trying.