Author Topic:  YouTube - Conmaan  (Read 4470 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site+100 posts Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
Re: YouTube - Conmaan
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2016, 08:07:30 PM »
Could something like this be added for scripts?
It is possible.

It is also possible to use the same visual drag/drop node editor to create scripts. Which would have the added benefit of supporting AND/OR condtionals and nested conditionals.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2016, 12:03:11 AM »
Could something like this be added for scripts?
It is possible.

It is also possible to use the same visual drag/drop node editor to create scripts. Which would have the added benefit of supporting AND/OR condtionals and nested conditionals.
Dear Craig

This is all I ask, it would benefit people so well in debugging scripts and would allow for people to more easily show scripts and the flow of them rather than have to write a 3 paragraph essay on how they work. Also i could see it being great for creating script "templates" if you will were the creator can set up a base script and people could then add to it. Yes I know people can do this now but people don't and i think for PC people and new players will have a more friendly introduction to scripts than us. I said it on the steam if the NPC behavior editor could be also used fore the script you said yes it could so can we change that could to yes it will :).

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2016, 10:07:14 PM »

New video up. In this one I talk about total miner early access and the control scheme. No thumbnail atm but I'll upload one later.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Father Dryymas

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2016, 08:46:18 AM »
Personally, I don't like I as the inventory key. It's kinda across the keyboard from the other keys that you use often.

I believe MC's inventory key was I for a while, And it was not well received because of this fact.

I'm not sure what would be better due to E being prospect, But I feels wrong.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hallo
  • Awards 3 years on site+600 posts Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
  • Steam: Alienizd
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2016, 09:05:59 AM »
I'm not sure what would be better due to E being prospect, But I feels wrong.
I didn't hear "q" being a used key, what about that? Or even having the prospect on "q" and the inventory key on "e".
-Alionz

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Awards 1 year on site+100 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2016, 12:42:03 PM »
Yeah "Q" doesn't serve as a hotkey atm, so that would be a great alternative.

I feel like, for now, having the inventory separated makes sense because it isn't the only (or in my opinion not even the most used) menu screen, but hopefully if they all get consolidated into one, it can be moved to Q.

Regardless, though, it's all customizeable so you'd be able to set it as whatever you want.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2016, 07:05:33 PM »
Good news! I did a little bit of research on the interwebs to find out if there were any settings I could change that would make my video quality better when recording, and I tested them out and now have significantly better resolution. So next time I publish a video (which will hopefully be sometime tomorrow morning) I'd like to hear if you guys notice the difference.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2016, 03:14:31 PM »
New video up! Today's video is a simple how-to on NPC shops using dialogues and scripts. Plenty of customization potential here.

PS: Switch to 1080p for dat high quality video

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2016, 06:11:41 PM »
Another new video! Showing off the new block/item shop and inventory.

Father Dryymas

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2016, 06:36:50 PM »
Call me old fashioned, But I don't like this bright, Glidey, Floaty menu thing that PC has now.

I liked the darker, Grounded, Traditional menu we had before.

I feel like it fit better with the feel you get from the game's music and textures.
In addition, It doesn't seem right to me for the menu to slide around while you are moving the cursor.

Also, A bit of feedback on the armour equip dummy. the slots should have a general outline of what goes there. It may not be obvious to a new player that the necklace slot is for a necklace and not a chestplate. In addition, It is certainly not obvious that gauntlets go on the right slot, And rings go on the left.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2016, 06:45:15 PM »
Call me old fashioned, But I don't like this bright, Glidey, Floaty menu thing that PC has now.

I liked the darker, Grounded, Traditional menu we had before.

I feel like it fit better with the feel you get from the game's music and textures.
In addition, It doesn't seem right to me for the menu to slide around while you are moving the cursor.

Also, A bit of feedback on the armour equip dummy. the slots should have a general outline of what goes there. It may not be obvious to a new player that the necklace slot is for a necklace and not a chestplate. In addition, It is certainly not obvious that gauntlets go on the right slot, And rings go on the left.

In all likelihood the "textures" of the current pause menu UI is in its early stages, and will likely see some changes to be more representative of the game and its aesthetic theme.

As for the "glidey-ness", I kind of like it. It needs a bit of tweaks, but overall I'd say it has a very organic, interactive vibe to it.

Also, I love the armor idea.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2016, 12:06:02 AM »
New video up! My hotdog sword mod... how to make it and showing it in action.

Father Dryymas

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2016, 10:20:22 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

Feel free to use any of these for your video on changing the audio.
In order, We have the FN-P90, The Franchi SPAS-12, The Avtomat Kalashnikov 47, The Nerf Maverick, And the Type-25 Directed Energy Rifle (Halo Plasma Rifle.)

I could also make some more things if you wish. But these all have distinct sounds that would make for a striking difference.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2016, 12:50:29 PM »
The hotdog sword will have the Tim Allen Grunt as its sound effect, but I'll make sure to include some of your sound bytes too Drymm. Thanks XD

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2016, 06:37:04 AM »
When do you think part 2 will be released?