Author Topic:  House Of Music (Musicians Corner)  (Read 2241 times)

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
House Of Music (Musicians Corner)
« on: December 28, 2015, 11:32:37 PM »

Welcome folks, to the House Of Music! Wanted to call it "Musicians Corner" but figured this works too. Anyway, this is a topic for musicians (professional, novice, intermediate, etc) to collaborate on their music. The way we play, tips, styles, equipment, genres we favor for the time being, music we are writing, songs we are currently learning. Basically, a musicians haven to talk about making music or playing it. Whether it be for leisure or actual income, just a place to chill and jam. Talk about the finer points in music, or just share thoughts on a song you are playing with another friend. Feel free to share here!

EDIT: Also, feel free to introduce yourself with your instrument(s) of interest if you'd like. Your current instrument at play, style you most love, etc.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 02:05:25 AM by Jack Of Shades »

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: House Of Music (Musicians Corner)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 11:39:21 PM »
RECENT BUY:
Epiphone DR-100 Acoustic Guitar, Ebony

Just bought this sucker tonight for $116. I have owned an Epiphone before, these guitars are quality products considering their prices! Anyway, hoping to get it in by Jan 5th or 8th at the latest!

Oh and on a side note, I do and did play other instruments besides guitar. I played drums as an intermediate player. custom kit with random assortment of Pearl snares, double bass pedal, and I believe a modified tom. Probably about 12-13 piece kit altogether. Haven't played it much recently, but I wanted to get back into guitar playing so I bought this beauty tonight. Naturally, after CAREFUL consideration and research.

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 02:09:55 AM »
I'd like to say I'm between Intermediate and Expert when it comes to playing bass guitar. I've got a small collection of em and I love them all! My first bass was a Washburn WB 66. Probably still my favourite of the bunch. Second was a Warwick Corvette $$ 5 String. I do enjoy playing that one as well, but the neck is a bit big on my hands. Then I have my acoustic Epiphone bass which I got last year. Very nice to play when I'm too lazy to set up my amp but want to hear a louder noise.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 02:14:04 AM »
I'd like to say I'm between Intermediate and Expert when it comes to playing bass guitar. I've got a small collection of em and I love them all! My first bass was a Washburn WB 66. Probably still my favourite of the bunch. Second was a Warwick Corvette $$ 5 String. I do enjoy playing that one as well, but the neck is a bit big on my hands. Then I have my acoustic Epiphone bass which I got last year. Very nice to play when I'm too lazy to set up my amp but want to hear a louder noise.

Dayum, Wayne! O: Nice pieces of musical ear-pleasure! Is it just me, or does acoustic just make you want to play more? I don't know why but it sounds so....not sure what the word is. It can be bluesy, hard, laid back, melodic, I love it man. I'd be jamming on that Epiphone acoustic all day. lol

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 02:34:27 AM »
Dayum, Wayne! O: Nice pieces of musical ear-pleasure! Is it just me, or does acoustic just make you want to play more? I don't know why but it sounds so....not sure what the word is. It can be bluesy, hard, laid back, melodic, I love it man. I'd be jamming on that Epiphone acoustic all day. lol

I always play my acoustic guitar when I feel like relaxing! I just mess around with harmonics and whatnot. I also lowered it to Drop G tuning a few days ago.... I felt so bad for it xD

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 02:37:00 AM »
I always play my acoustic guitar when I feel like relaxing! I just mess around with harmonics and whatnot. I also lowered it to Drop G tuning a few days ago.... I felt so bad for it xD
Hey, it's all good if you're jamming and loving it. 8) I need to twiddle with my new baby once it gets here. Might do some equally...ahem...atrocious things to it. So bad, but sooooo good. xD

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 04:07:23 PM »
Actually Trub, the weirdest part about having an acoustic is...I don't need to put in any new pick-ups. lol I keep forgetting the damn things hollow...OH, and not electric. :P Either way, makes for spending less money.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 11:25:24 PM »
Currently this is to be my first song I attempt to learn on the new guitar:

And, good news! Jan 5th-8th is WAY over what the real delivery time is. I get my guitar tomorrow evening! :D

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 04:27:23 AM »
Been trying to find and learn some more slap bass tunes. Anyone got some?

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 05:48:59 AM »
Not particularly. What exactly are you looking for as far as Slap Bass tunes? I just found a crap ton of different ones. xD

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2015, 07:52:55 PM »
Not particularly. What exactly are you looking for as far as Slap Bass tunes? I just found a crap ton of different ones. xD

Funky stuff! Though I did quickly learn one song by Suicidal Tendencies thenother day xD

Stoneart

• "There's always time to get your block's off"
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Discord link to my game (Coven)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: stoneart
  • PSN: Xx_Phoenix_Down_xX
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 12:45:47 AM »

I got you...   
https://m.

;)

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 11:15:28 AM »

I got you...   
https://m.

;)

Victor Wooten is pretty crazy with slap bass. But now I've become interested in buying a mandolin xD

That Forum Poster

• ...it's a zero not an "O"
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Team L0E
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2016, 08:09:30 PM »
I'm a piano man myself. I've been able to play some classics: Fur Elise, Carols of the Bells, The Entertainer, Moonlight Sonata, and a handful of pop songs (Hello, Yonkers, to name a few).
I script...and make music

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2016, 08:43:28 PM »
The Piano is such a beautiful instrument to play. I took to that instrument quickly, very good pieces you're playing by the way. I wish I had a Piano here at the house to play, I miss it. But my acoustic keeps me pretty happy these days. :)