Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic: [Help Needed] Scripting in dig deep  (Read 8856 times)

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
  • Xbox: Rev Elevenclaw
Re: Scripting in dig deep
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 05:48:59 PM »
Wouldn't that make it crazy?! I can't wait to try it!
Focus determines reality...

As many W's as possible

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 11:17:26 PM »
As a Dig Deep player, I can vouch that any "creative" commands are not available. You can use move scripts, which I often use in replace of clear scripts. Teleporting is also usable. Basically, anything that spawns in items or blocks from thin air is not available.

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 07:20:36 AM »
That makes sense. I will have to do some tweaking of the survival scripts to slow down or alter the effects. Otherwise new players won't stand a chance. It can be challenging enough to get started in my map for players. I hope to also automate a lot of features in my map thru NPC quest style scripts. With an employment system, economized and itemized shops, and a unique ranking system, there is much ado. I barely get a moment while hosting. Not to mention properties for sale. I have much to learn... I thought making a lighthouse beacon was a tough script... lol. Anyway, thank you all for your insight. I am now just waiting for MS to fix the bug... Impatiently!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 07:22:41 AM by Rev Elevenclaw »

MsLegit

• Fresh Meat
  • Summer. TMF is life!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: darkqueen2028
  • PSN: GhostElite320
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2015, 09:21:55 AM »
I have a modded dig deep unlockables map but the host of the map gave it to me if you want you can see some of the scripts I don't have much. The scripts you can't do are like the fill,inventory add/clear ect and clear i'm not sure about the rest of them. Good day!

Faint of Clubs

• View Profile
  • Xbox: Faintcub7332217
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2015, 09:53:46 AM »
That makes sense. I will have to do some tweaking of the survival scripts to slow down or alter the effects. Otherwise new players won't stand a chance. It can be challenging enough to get started in my map for players. I hope to also automate a lot of features in my map thru NPC quest style scripts. With an employment system, economized and itemized shops, and a unique ranking system, there is much ado. I barely get a moment while hosting. Not to mention properties for sale. I have much to learn... I thought making a lighthouse beacon was a tough script... lol. Anyway, thank you all for your insight. I am now just waiting for MS to fix the bug... Impatiently!

The problem with scripted jobs is you will need to provide the pay for every player who joins. You would basically need a chest that is scripted to refill from another chest when empty, and then it transfers money to players per pay period
That guy with dem scripts.

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 08:08:57 PM »
Yes I believe that be correct. Shouldn't be a problem. I intend a lot of scripts to take over admin duties, so I can focus on other things while hosting. I have my RPG designed to take awhile to get thru. I try to host as much as I can, but get little expansion done unless I'm offline. So I need to bridge that gap. My ultimate goal is to build the best DD RPG ever! And that is gonna take a lot of scripts...

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 09:31:59 AM »
TM is back! So let the scripting begin...

FatbFFA

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • ::)
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2016, 10:24:46 AM »
I think Teleport and ItemSwing are usable in DD.
Health command only allows damage in DD.
Guns are also possible!

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2016, 10:16:30 PM »
I figured out teleportation, easy. But I don't think itemswing works for DD. I tried to make the 'wand' act as a catalyst. Need verification...

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2016, 09:47:32 AM »
Ok. So itemswing works on DD, sorta. I have to manually run the script once from my list, then it works for the item.  I have tested it a few times by reloading my map, and always have to "run script", to make it work. I doubt this is normal. Bugs?