Author Topic: [Help Needed] Scripting in dig deep  (Read 6971 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

Rev Elevenclaw

• Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Rev Elevenclaw
[Help Needed] Scripting in dig deep
« on: December 12, 2015, 01:28:06 AM »
Ok so I have been experimenting. Scripting is great, however I seem to be limited in dig deep. Which makes sense due to the nature of the intent of that game style. My problem is that I don't know specifically what those limitations are. Is there a concise list somewhere in the forums? Or a link to the info? I really tried to find one. Please help, otherwise I am left shooting in the dark. TY
Focus determines reality...

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
Re: Scripting in dig deep
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 01:45:15 AM »
Most block scripts in Dig Deep are the cheaty ones like.
Paste
Inventory
Move region
move block

Those are major ones i know.

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Faint of Clubs

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Faintcub7332217
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 03:39:54 AM »
The limitations are basically that you cannot do anything that you couldn't do manually without the script.
For example you can move inventory from one block to another but cannot spawn new items into their inventory.
That guy with dem scripts.

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 06:18:26 AM »
Ok, that is helpful. I presumed I wouldn't be able to use a large portion of them. It is difficult to know sometimes if I simply made a mistake, or if it is a script I can't use. I employ the syntax and diagnostic help when I don't get a result, but it would be nice if it would inform me of 'forbidden in dd' script attempts. Or something. It also took some time to realize the 'y' coordinate is backward in scripting vs. HUD. Anyway, I am still learning it, but I have had good success and would like to add some of the more complex scripts I've seen around. Though I am discouraged to go big until I have a better idea of what I can do.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 07:51:59 AM by Rev Elevenclaw »

Faint of Clubs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 12:09:41 PM »
Ok, that is helpful. I presumed I wouldn't be able to use a large portion of them. It is difficult to know sometimes if I simply made a mistake, or if it is a script I can't use. I employ the syntax and diagnostic help when I don't get a result, but it would be nice if it would inform me of 'forbidden in dd' script attempts. Or something. It also took some time to realize the 'y' coordinate is backward in scripting vs. HUD. Anyway, I am still learning it, but I have had good success and would like to add some of the more complex scripts I've seen around. Though I am discouraged to go big until I have a better idea of what I can do.

My gt is tenman420 if you ever have questions :p sorry if I'm busy but I usually get around to Xbox messages within a day

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 11:25:21 PM »
Ummm... I tried that. U really didn't seem receptive at the time. I would appreciate being able to privately join your map, so I could have admin, and you could just reload as to ensure I didn't mess anything up. You know, like a programmers tour... Or whatever. That way I could copy down a few scripts to try in my map.  However that wouldn't really solve my dilemma.  That would take someone adjusting the script list in the game or forums with y/n for DD. But at least I could see about adding the survival script to my map. Because it's awesome and would really add life to my RPG.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 11:27:03 PM by Rev Elevenclaw »

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 11:27:44 PM »
You know, like a programmers tour... Or whatever.
The View Scripts permission is intended for this type of read only access.

Faint of Clubs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 01:14:51 AM »
Ummm... I tried that. U really didn't seem receptive at the time. I would appreciate being able to privately join your map, so I could have admin, and you could just reload as to ensure I didn't mess anything up. You know, like a programmers tour... Or whatever. That way I could copy down a few scripts to try in my map.  However that wouldn't really solve my dilemma.  That would take someone adjusting the script list in the game or forums with y/n for DD. But at least I could see about adding the survival script to my map. Because it's awesome and would really add life to my RPG.

Hmmm.. To my knowledge you can use histories in dd, but idk about health commands, teleport, or item swing.

Craig?

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 02:16:40 AM »
I think Teleport and ItemSwing are usable in DD.
Health command only allows damage in DD.

Faint of Clubs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 02:57:28 AM »
I think Teleport and ItemSwing are usable in DD.
Health command only allows damage in DD.

Awesome, then by that knowledge I believe a hunger and thirst and sleep system could be implemented into dig deep easily :)

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 05:48:59 PM »
Wouldn't that make it crazy?! I can't wait to try it!

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 11:17:26 PM »
As a Dig Deep player, I can vouch that any "creative" commands are not available. You can use move scripts, which I often use in replace of clear scripts. Teleporting is also usable. Basically, anything that spawns in items or blocks from thin air is not available.

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 07:20:36 AM »
That makes sense. I will have to do some tweaking of the survival scripts to slow down or alter the effects. Otherwise new players won't stand a chance. It can be challenging enough to get started in my map for players. I hope to also automate a lot of features in my map thru NPC quest style scripts. With an employment system, economized and itemized shops, and a unique ranking system, there is much ado. I barely get a moment while hosting. Not to mention properties for sale. I have much to learn... I thought making a lighthouse beacon was a tough script... lol. Anyway, thank you all for your insight. I am now just waiting for MS to fix the bug... Impatiently!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 07:22:41 AM by Rev Elevenclaw »

MsLegit

• Fresh Meat
  • Summer. TMF is life!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: darkqueen2028
  • PSN: GhostElite320
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2015, 09:21:55 AM »
I have a modded dig deep unlockables map but the host of the map gave it to me if you want you can see some of the scripts I don't have much. The scripts you can't do are like the fill,inventory add/clear ect and clear i'm not sure about the rest of them. Good day!

Faint of Clubs

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2015, 09:53:46 AM »
That makes sense. I will have to do some tweaking of the survival scripts to slow down or alter the effects. Otherwise new players won't stand a chance. It can be challenging enough to get started in my map for players. I hope to also automate a lot of features in my map thru NPC quest style scripts. With an employment system, economized and itemized shops, and a unique ranking system, there is much ado. I barely get a moment while hosting. Not to mention properties for sale. I have much to learn... I thought making a lighthouse beacon was a tough script... lol. Anyway, thank you all for your insight. I am now just waiting for MS to fix the bug... Impatiently!

The problem with scripted jobs is you will need to provide the pay for every player who joins. You would basically need a chest that is scripted to refill from another chest when empty, and then it transfers money to players per pay period